Sunday, March 31, 2013

Sunday Surgery: Hip BOOGIE

 

Rock it hard, rock it steady
Pick yourself up and get yourself ready
Wave your arms let me hear you yell
We're gonna rap about General Hospi-Tale

It started out in Port Charles town
Where Frank Smith's mob used to hang around
No one could prove that he was a crook
Till Luke stole his little black book

It had names and numbers all in code
So Luke and Laura had to hit the road
They had to find the left-handed boy
Watch their step, they had to be coy


The gold involved was worth so much
Others wanted it like Sally and Hutch
But there's one thing I must confess
Sally was a man who wore a dress

Luke kept his cool, he ain't no fool
He set them both up cold
Well Sally died, Hutch survived
And no one got the gold

"Paging Dr. Noah Drake to ICU to treat a case of heartbreak"

They keep me waiting
I don't mind waiting
Don't call me crazy
No I'm not lazy
My day won't go right
I can't sleep all night
My hands start shaking
My knees start aching
I just can't cope without my soap

General Hospi-Tale
General Hospi-Tale
Umm, number one
General Hospi-Tale
You're my worst affliction
General Hospi-Tale
You're my favorite addiction

Monica likes to have her fun
That is why she had a son
She told Rick he was the dad
Soon found out that he'd been had

"There's one thing that you can give me that Leslie can't and that's passion"

Alan was the father, of course
And he won't give Monica a divorce
Rick wants to get Leslie back
Heather's havin' an insane attack

"I'll get Diana Taylor"

She's not crazy, uh-uh, no never
She just wants to get Dr. Jeff Webber
Jeff wants Annie for his wife
But he might have to wait all of his life
Cause good girls don't, and Annie won't
And you all know what I mean

Amy Vining likes to blab
Richard Simmons helps fight flab
Susan's having Alan's baby
Noah wants Bobbi for his lady

Well Luke got another job
The Quartermaines are the brand new mob
Laura's the receptionist
What's missing now is the Ice Princess

"Yes, Luke Spencer, please"

Diamonds, not gold, are in it this time
Scorpio, the house of Cassadine
On and on and on it goes
How it ends up nobody knows, cause

They keep me waiting
I don't mind waiting
Don't call me crazy
No I'm not lazy
My day won't go right
I can't sleep all night
If I don't find out
It blows my mind out
I just can't cope without my soap

General Hospi-Tale
General Hospi-Tale
Umm, number one
General Hospi-Tale
You're my worst affliction
General Hospi-Tale
You're my favorite addiction

LINE OF THE LAST five YEARS LOL!

THERE YOU GO!! My fave part of this last week was Laura slappin' LUKE!! LOL That and Helena's outfit!!
I'm  in heaven after watching the Marathon yesterday. SWOON. Wow...my memories were in overdrive. Those were the days.

8 comments:

  1. Karen, so that was the song that Lucy Coe and Richard S. fought over? Who wrote it, and when?

    I don't get SoapNet, and, even if I did, wouldn't have time to watch the marathon, but I wish I could watch it. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Google is a wonderful friend....

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Afternoon_Delights

    ReplyDelete
  3. This much I know - Richard Simmons DID NOT write that song. I hope they got permission from the real authors before they had him say that on the show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my favorite line (it has to be sung, not read)

    And good girls dont
    And Annie wont
    And you all know what I mean!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That song was everywhere at the time. On the radio, records, etc. A short-term hit.

    It came out about the time GH-mania was hottest. Anybody remember the bar in Boston who ran a VCR with GH episodes at lunch time, and the waitresses wore scrubs and nurses uniforms? When Gloria Monty heard how much money the bar was making off her show, she got a court order to stop it. People were lining up there to see shows at noon.

    There were also lots of greeting cards with soap references, and many actors on other soaps got the permed fuzzy hair like Geary!

    I guess you had to be there, but GH really was a TV phenomenon!

    All that time I was taping only the Luke and Laura story (the longest 'B' movie ever, my friend called it) and so I watched the marathone for all the stuff I didn't tape back then. (I still have the L&L tapes.) I also didn't tape the 90s so that's been interesting. The closer we get to Sonny only, the less I want to see.

    How gorgeous was Jax?! Loved when he first came on and lived in the penthouse with all the pinball machines. I also enjoyed seeing Stefan--though at the time I hated the character for interfering in L&L marriage. But his games with Luke were fun. Loved when Luke called him Vlad. Stavros (Nik's real father) was the really evil creepy one. Don't want to see him again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I met Stefan on the set of GH years ago, and he was the most gorgeous man, very tall, and also very sweet and friendly. I have a great pic with him, I never will forget him--he was nothing like his character!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Watching the marathon made me (once again) desperately wish they would launch an "on demand" soap opera service. The "wait, what happens next?!" feeling was so strong, especially with the oldest episodes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen: Do you or any other Wubbers recall who the Left Handed Boy was?

    ReplyDelete

  Joss is shocked that Dex almost killed Cyrus. Nina leaves. Dex explains he did try to talk Sonny out of it but Sonny was insistent. He wen...