Spread the Airtime...Spread the LoveIn My Humble Opinion, I respectfully offer up these suggestions to the NEW GUYS comin' on over to shape up our soap:
1. Please throw the spray tanning and booths away. There are too many orange people hanging around this supposedly Western NY Town. Ron C knows how we look; pale and pasty. We like it that way.
2. Buy some lights. Guza and Wolf had some weird idea that the darker the sets were, the worse the writing could be and maybe we'd not notice. We noticed. Some of us bought night goggles to compensate.
3. For the love of GOD, please get rid of 1/2 the newbies and make the PCPD a working, functioning entity. After this last head banging incident, Jason could be ready to become a rogue agent. We'd buy it.
4. I will personally loan you my talent to redecorate the Metro Court. It's terrible and makes me sad everytime I see it.
5. Have Tracy take over Crimson in a deal with ELQ industries.... get Lucy Coe back. The Qs need to get back into the game.
6. We really like Bob the Badger. He lives in Sonny's office. Feel free to feature him much more. There's also a bartender, Conan attached to that hang out. He's missed.
7. Please save Robin. We get that Kim McCullough wants to leave but have her go some other way. Not dying from that disease.
8. Stories that have a beginning, the middle and an ending. Characters that stick around and don't get involved in dropped ideas and disappear. Some excitement and love-- a bit of joy. GH has been so dark for so long we need a little fun. Families and friends have been fractured and blown apart. We need some synergy and threading of our history.
PS. Lexi Ainsworth is Kristina....keep her!
Happy New Year. Here's to a great 2012 in SoapLand. Port Charles needs a huge overhaul, and we are hoping you are the ones to do it.
I resolve to watch GH and not be such a nasty, cynical beeatch for the year.