Friday, June 8, 2018

Anthony Bourdain ... Opened The World



My husband and I loved this man so much we'd joke about what we'd "serve Tony" if we ever got him to come to dinner.  Didn't seem that far fetched either-- if you watch his shows you'd know he was home in someone's house or in a 5 star restaurant. 

His cooking/food shows were not only about the 'eats' but about the people. He knew all the cool ones from Singapore to some remote village in the jungle.  Anthony talked often about battling his addictions and seemingly had won the battle. A fierce proponent of the #metoo movement, he used his voice to raise awareness on many topics. Watching his episode from Beirut in 2006 is amazingly eye opening. Such a storyteller. 

I followed him on twitter, and just 4 days ago he had fun videos up of he and the crew in post production of them filming in Paris. He was also involved in making a film at the time. You never know someone's pain. Ever. 

Kitchen Confidential, Bourdain's non-flinching look at the restaurant business is a must read.  RIP .. You not only taught me about food, you taught me about the world and it's amazing people. 

3 comments:

  1. Really shocking and a great loss, especially on the heels of Kate Spade’s suicide.
    LindaV

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree LSV. What is happening to our world. I guess you just never know....

      Delete
  2. Anthony Bourdain embraced everyone. So sad! I have recorded his shows and have about 10 to watch. Don't know if I will be able to.

    ReplyDelete

COURT

  So people are at the courthouse.  Joss talks to Kristina about Jason and says he's not guilty. Kristina says: YAH he is! They keep arg...