Sunday, May 19, 2024

Sunday Surgery: The Wedding Singer

 


Oh boy, the news going on BEHIND the show was the real tea this week!! Buzzworthy Radio broke the news that Patrick Mulcahey is OUT as co-head writer after only 3 months! That may be a record!! Korte is the only one at the helm, with CVE doing breakdown writing. This comes when ratings are scraping the bottom. I do think the show does well on Hulu so...??? 

Anyway! It was 2 days of dull then 3 days of the wedding. I think I'm just going to stick to the wedding days. 



This wedding certainly harked to days of old! Two days were entirely based on that event. We had the prep, the arrivals, the ceremony and reception uninterrupted! 


STAR OF THE SHOW: Was it the bride? Heck no!! It's TRACEY Angelica Quartermaine!! She was just everywhere she needed to be. Giving Brook something from Lila, talking to Ned and then saving Greg when he was faltering at the altar. Of all the growth, I like hers the most. Tracey's caustic cynisism worked for a long time but this change is so welcome. She's still got her edge but she's just a joy to watch now. 


KUDOS TO THE ACTOR: Have to give it up for Gregory Harrison! As you know, I'm a speech pathologist and I was amazed at his performance struggling with his voice/breathing. Being under that much pressure could definitely have brought that episode on. I love how it created some real feel tension and then was resolved. 


LOIS' HAT:  She had on a Coach Suit in a dove gray with a giant flower on the lapel. Not the best look in my book but then the FASCINATOR comes around and OOFF. That headband looks like it's from Claire's. 


PRETTY:
Not even Portia was sure why she and Curtis were there but who cares? They were gorgeous! 




LADIES ROOM:  First Gloria has an eyelash mishap and then Portia and Jordan talk about why they were invited. A light Kristina/Blaze and Sam moment took place. I know a lot of people didn't care for Kristina's dress but I thought it was in style, a great color and good for her 'condition'. 


ADAM SANDLER WANNA BE
: So, Disney found a new kid to showcase!! Loved her dress. Glad that Nedly was playing the guitar. Violet picking up Gregory's dropped paper was a nice touch. That's all I got. 



REUNITED:  Well, Spin and St. Jaysus were together again. Jason said he stayed away from Spinelli because he didn't want to complicate things and to keep him out.  Still a touching scene. Awww. 



WHY OF THE WEEK:  After 2 days of giggling, Sonny decided to take Mama LaRue to the wedding. This pissed Ava off and basically ended up being boring. Plus, after what Sonny did at the end of the reception, where can this lead? 


BEAT DOWN:  This is a photo that Evan put on Twitter showing his "injuries" via Sonny.  All poor Dex did was try to give Mr Curello back his hearing aid and Sonny went ballistic. WHO was there to save Dex from further harm? Why St. Jaysus of course! Thank Goodness Monica asked him to step on in. 


WHY I HATE THIS SHOW: I'm going to be totally honest with you. THIS is WHY GH is on the rocks. THIS. I'll spare you the details but let's just say IT WAS STUPID AND just 'inserted' into the wedding when it should have been left on the cutting room floor. I'd would have rather have seen Yuri driving Leo home than whatever this was!!! 


SHANKTAMONEOUS:  Yeah, I guess this was bound to happen. Brennan stabs himself in the stomach and makes it look like someone else did it. Ergo, he could get into GH.  Do I care anything about this? No, I do not. Just being real. 


YES, CARLY WAS ON: Almost forgot. Carly was all fine with telling Brennan about the investigation and such. Anna went ballistic. And..let's see, did Carly's BIG ASS MOUTH get Brennan to hatch the plan to get out of jail and into GH? Hmmmm....



WEEK IN A WUBSHELL: 

Maxie and Spinelli said "I love you"

Sam convinced Spinelli to help her on the "FBI" case

Jason went to the wedding in place of Monica

Gregory had an episode during the ceremony but ended up finishing 

Everyone met Giovanni, Lois cousin who played the violin at the wedding

Sasha was regulated into making food for the after parties and missed the ceremony

Violet sang an original song at the reception

Sonny got all agitated watching Dex be nice to Lois' family members

Brennan stabbed himself to get out of jail and into GH 

Sonny beats on Dex, Jason restrains him

Kristina sees the whole thing, is in shock that her Dad would talk that way 



NEWS: I broke ALL the writing news up there I know about-- and who knows, maybe there is more. They let Shannon Peace go which was so stupid and now Patrick's gone and.. welp. Pray. Light a Candle. 


The kid that plays Gio got a one year contract--just thought you'd like to know that.  I liked him, very natural.  He had a convo with Dex that let us know his Dad died before he was born while in Afghanistan and he knows how to fix cars. (Brando's old garage, anyone?)


That's it for me!! A lot of cute candid photos showed up on socials from the cast. They were delightful. I did enjoy the wedding for the most part and most of it flew by. Friday's show plodded but I'm not going to let that ruin my enjoyment. (I still have no idea why Cody and Sasha had to be inserted but...hey).  This writing thing is SO big and I have no idea where it's going. The show was literally shaken up character wise and now what? You know me, I would have liked Korte out and Chris/Patrick a combo plus get Peace back but --- GH! 

I might try one of those digital antennas to see if I can get ABC live here. If not, I'll put a shell up and I'll be watching at night. 

CHEERS! 




13 comments:

  1. Brace. The only couple they haven't broken up. Yet.... I do love Brooklyn and Chase

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ned's suit is outdated, is that the style again? Sort of like my husbands "going away" suit in 1984. I do love Olivia's dress the best. One of my favorite colors and not all "floofy" flowery.

      Thanks Karen. Not sure what else to say about the show. I'm back to not watching; except for a little of the wedding. I too thought Gregory Harrison did an excellent job acting with his "speech". Very realistic.

      I am grateful for all you do Karen. Most days even if I don't watch, I do come on here to read and enjoy this blog!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
    2. awww thanks, but I agree it's hard to keep up with. I only watch to blog and such. Seriously!

      Delete
  2. I'm not sure about when Brando was in the marines but he could be Gios father.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my thought when he said he likes to work on cars. Gives him ties to Lois/Brooklyn and Sonny.

      Delete
    2. ooooooooooo!! Interestng!

      Delete
  3. Chase and Brook are adorable but no passion there and never a real love scene. This isn’t Hallmark after all. Liz and Finn have a platonic relationship, not that anyone likes this duo. I thought Rena did a great and believable job as the mother of the bride. And Tracy is a treasure. Everyone looked great!
    LindaV

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not Hallmark, but doesn't Disney own it? lol

      Delete
  4. The wedding was a nice throwback having almost three days of it's own.
    Sasha and Cody could have had the same scenes at the wedding.
    Sonny...MB is doing a good job as directed but where will this take him considering there are pending charges for his assault on Cyrus.
    Ned and Dex both had odd blue suits.
    Tracy(JE) is a gift. Wonderful to watch.
    The initial writers change brought hope and things looked good for a minute. What I hate the most is the extreme character change in Ava. Sonny too but he has an excuse. Plus, the over bloated cast. And lack of meaty good stories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great wedding stuff!!!!!!!!!!!
    I don't think Dex will press charges so maybe Joss does????Anna was already at the hospital....
    ---spoilers say last week of May (end of sweeps) that a main character dies - I guess it is Gregory but I DON'T want it to be!! He and Tracy have so much potential.
    ----great week of no Molly/TJ and I don't like Blaze/Kristina either NOR Natalia.
    -----what I REALLY want is Pikeman to be OVER! PLEASE! Just let Valentin get caught, or he leaves for Switzerland, and Brennan dies whatever - it's 2 years of this.AND they keep changing the direction.......woman head and then no and WHO killed Austin?
    -----I want Sonny back and I want Laura to stop being so naive and out of character - I don't even want Heather to stay LOL
    -----I still don't think Natalia knows about Sonny or by now she would have pulled the 'I don't care that you are gay but Kristina is the daughter of a mob boss and you need to think of your career.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope there's a miracle and Gregory survives and couples with Tracey!

    ReplyDelete

Jonathan Jackson is BACK ON GH!

 Um, DEALINE:  Jonathan JACKSON IS BACK AT GH! He won FIVE Emmys as Lucky Spencer