Sunday, September 19, 2021

Sunday Surgery: Full Circle

 


Sonny ends up right where he did after landing in that river;  between heaven and hell with his Dad giving him tips and snow still on the ground.  He couldn't see Carly before, now he sees her face in all it's glory. "Turn Around...Every now and then I get a little bit tired of listening through the sound of my tears"... So wish they could have had the rights to this song!! 

Grab some wedding cake and get settled!! 

Sorry in advance for the length of this but a lot happened. Things were hoppin' and poppin' all over the place. Shake and Bake. (I can go on and on!!) I was very critical of Thursday's show because the pacing and editing in my book was just off. The Tan-O fire took an age and it just didn't bring the excitement for me. Way too much of Nina screaming and Jax holding her back. Jarly's wedding was longer than High Catholic Mass. But, Friday came and made up for a lot of that. While I'm no fan of the direction the end-game is going, it was good TV. 

**NOTE: People on Twitter were pressed that there were no kids at the wedding. Not me.. no kids weddings? Yeah! Plus, under 12 and can't be vaccinated yet. Good choice, imo. 


PETROL-PETE OF THE WEEK: Here he is!! Twirling that mustache!! It's...PETER! Not satisfied with being a jerk to Nina, he decides to tie she and Phyllis up and set them and the Tan-O on fire. Phyllis had a clear shot but didn't take it. Damn it!! Peter and his acting ran off and I'm sure we'll see him soon. 


FLAMES OF THE WEEK: Give it up for the pyro-technic guys! That Tan-O bar burned and burned! Also, clap for the stunt ladies as well. I thought it was mighty scary that those flames were so high and everything so smoky. The stunt double for Maurice as also a brave soul. Then again, Mo had to actually lay there FOREVER in that soot. Second best: Limo blast-- nice lighting and blowing out of the candles and windows in the church. Clean up crew must have had overtime this week for SURE! 


LAMES OF THE WEEK:  Um, I guess Nixon Falls has an all volunteer fire company? Because--oh doggies, they just did NOT do their job. Jax had to even tell them to go around back to find a door!! Even then they couldn't get in and one guy was all passed out on the stretcher. Also: No one offers the victims oxygen? Then again, how could Nina scream and cry with an oxygen mask on??? These scenes were not my favorite. Usually GH gets intense things like this right; for me? It just felt off...way off. 


DOOMED OF THE WEEK: When even Phyllis is pissed with you, you know it's bad. Nina is in some deep ish with this one. I'm wondering if Valentin will be the only one that 'understands' why she did what she did? Hmmm... anyway, CW was a screaming mess. I hope her vocal cords were rested!! Sonny: "I remember everything and I mean EVERYTHING!!!"  I'm sure he'll throw bed pans soon. Nina, pack your bags sister. 


CIRCLE OF LIFE OF THE WEEK:  Sonny wakes up in the snow in the exact spot he was in after his river-journey. Mike is there too.  Mike reminds him about looking backward at his old life. Flashbacks occur.  Then, just like before he also sees Carly from behind. That is until Mike convinces him to embrace his past along with his future. Then Carly turns and.. he sees her. Just as she and Jason are exchanging vows. Sonny wakes up and Phyllis says: He has Mike's face but that's not Mike. You are so right. Sonny is back to being 100% Sonny it looks like. Same stare, same yelling... same, same same. Was the whole point of Nixon Falls to show Sonny's "Mike" side then just drop it to explore the Jarly relationship? I mean? I still say he needed to go back as Mike with a tiny bit of Sonny. That would have baffled the entire town way more than this. 


WEDDING OF THE WEEK:  Well, it happened. I was shook it started for real on 9/16 because usually a date is a DATE! I wasn't dressed yet!!  We got some intrigue at the church with the 3 families plotting; Olivia getting all mad at Dr. Austin for suggesting something might be wrong with Leo. Everyone else was congratulating the bride and groom and Jarly beginnings. We got the wedding juxtaposed with Sonny laying in flames at the Tan-O. Jarly, pledging their love while everyone knows if they knew Sonny was alive, this never would have taken place. Lovely yet hollow. 



BOOMED  OF THE WEEK: Oh, a limo blows to high heaven at the end of Friday's show and you KNOW it's not Jarly. Thanks to Ms Wu (quickly becoming my new fave next to Dr. O), Jason knew the plot was afoot. Ding Dong. BBQ Gangsters. All Hail Ms. WU. 


ESCAPE OF THE WEEK:  In the middle of all of this Jarly hoo-ha is Drew. Still sitting in a cell, still trying to escape. Nurse Chloe and he get to the door and...he tells her to get help while he stays. (??? okay?) Oh! He wants to find out the mastermind behind all of this. So, he tries bribing a guard to his side. I'm still really curious why they decided to take Drew. Was he a threat? I thought all of that was resolved for the most part. Then again, I guess I could use an infusion of Cassadine Memory Magic because I honestly don't remember. 


EXIT OF THE WEEK:  Jordan's gas-leak adventure ended with her one kidney in failure so she's off to Albany for treatment. I thought her exit was way over the top for her just traveling 4 hours. Come to find out, Briana Henry is leaving GH.   I also found Curtis' reaction way over done given how cold he's been to her; he was crying and kissing her hand like she was Sleeping Beauty. Oh, that's right!! Portia was going to tell him about his daughter but sees him still lovin' on Jordan. Got it. Draggin' it out even more!! 


LOST OF THE WEEK: Mentioning this because Valentin and Anna left for Nixon Falls and for once, the teleporter machine seems to be broken. I do have a theory that Valentin will seize on Nina's cray and be the only one that "understands" her. Maybe he'll get the girl after all. 


PIZZA OF THE WEEK: Terry and Liz cook up a plan to help Britt during the Jarly Wedding. Focus on some 'lost notes' and a pizza. I think Britt knew tho! I put this photo up mainly because I love Liz's hair. I also would like to point out that Britt's big ol' trembling has been shelved as of late, hasn't it? I mean, she was pretty bad during the Jason time but now? Welp. I'm sure it will pick up but some consistency would be appreciated. You'd think with her mom missing the stress would cause it to flare up? Hmmmmm... 


FACE OF THE WEEK: This goes to Maxie and Epiphany. Epiphany telling her to get off the damn phone with her eyes and Maxie being all "OKAY, OKAY"!! 


WEEK IN A WUBSHELL: 

Jarly are husband and wife. The town is jubilant!!

Ms Wu crosses the other 2 families and tells Jason; Limo blows up

Drew lets the nurse escape and tries to get Mercenary Mark on his side

Peter sets the Tan-O on fire with Nina and Phyllis inside

While laying in the flames, MikeSon is visited by his Dad and remembers who he really is

Nina freaks out. Big Time

Jax tries to call Maxie; fails...never tries anyone else or texts. 

Jordan is off to Albany for kidney treatment

Olivia thinks Dr. Austin just being mean about Leo because of the ELQ situation

Sam and Dante question Harmony; get a name for the Drew investigation


NEWS AND NOTES:  Sasha leaves the show. I'm sure you've noticed how pregnant she was and Sophia Mattssen  gave birth to a baby boy and so is taking maternity leave. Wish her all the best. Gladys will be happy. Sasha is on "Bed Rest" as per her doctor says Brando. 

SPOILERS: What's going to happen NOW??? Sonny's going to be on a rager going to find the love of his life and ... welp. Have some cake!!  Looks like Kristina will be managing Charlie's while Nina leaves town, Cameron tries to make peace between Spencer and Josslyn and Maxie finds out that Peter is alive and setting fires. Find them all on Diagnosis Daytime!  (and no, not any Sonny spoilers out there yet) 



That's a wrap...! I end with the one person that could have saved us all and she didn't pull the trigger. Oh PHYLLIS.. ! I do hope you come to Port Charles after all this is over and run Charlie's Bar. You can call it Lenny's. 

What did you think of the whole thing? I know there are plenty of people that don't like the Jarly angle. That's my favorite part as I always thought those two were destined and just chained together like Leo and Kate floating in the icy waters. What I didn't want was Sonny to get all his memories back and return basically the same. By listening to him yell at Nina that's what we are gonna get. *sigh*.  Carly and Jason better glue down the bar ware. 


22 comments:

  1. "Um, I guess Nixon Falls has an all volunteer fire company? Because--oh doggies, they just did NOT do their job. Jax had to even tell them to go around back to find a door!" ROFL... that scene made me roll my eyes so hard while watching it. It's like, "What? There's a back door?" Life is simpler in Nixon Falls.

    As much as I don't like some of the current storylines, Thursday and Friday's eps had highlights. I liked Epiphany giving Maxie a hard time, and Epiphany clearly enjoying getting to grope new groom Jason.

    Ms. Wu continues to be awesome and Phyllis' disappointment/angry face was enough to make me feel sorry for Nina.

    I hope Phyllis takes a nursing job at GH and Kristina becomes manager at Charlie's, which becomes the new hangout now that the Floating Rib is history. (Dang, I sure hope the characters on this show have fire coverage in their insurance.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sonny coming back was inevitable but for me I want him to stay in WUB with Nina for a bit longer so Carly can feel some Angst. There wasn't enough time for the Jarly pairing to be believable. If they had played it right after Sonny "died" that they were fighting feelings right away (i.e. Liz and Finn) I would have bought it more. But most of us feel Carly was in it 100%. Jason, never in that way.

    I hope we keep Phyllis. Not sure what will happen with Nina. I do want the character to stick around just no sure how she can. Once you cross Carly, you know you've got a long road ahead. Her ties to Liesel, Maxie, and Kurtis remind me we liked her once upon a time. And no matter what we feel about the story, Cynthia is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for another great SS!
    I get no "in love" chemistry from Carly/Jason. It would have been interesting if Sonny came back with no or partial memory. Maybe too much for these writers.
    Ms. Wu flip is on my favorite list.
    Someone here said Sonny will probably return and walk in on newlywed sex. Yawn. Seeing those two being intimate is icky...imo.
    So no reception after the boom?
    The extras attempting to be firefighters were laughable.
    It seems inevitable with GH that a too long running story ends with a pffft. Or doesn't end at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scene that created the most buzz online was Austin looking at Liz with heart eyes. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For me, the Nina repercussions aren't about Carly - but MICHAEL and Avery and Donna and Dante and Kristina, so I hope people scream and yell at her.......can't see how her character can be redeemed.PLUS can't Jax fire her and hire Maxie??? or whoever has run the magazine for all these months..LOL>
    If Austin has autism, then I can like him----he's been so strange and I thought Roger was trying too hard, even when he saw Dante and Sam at his cabin months ago---but this storyline would make more sense...
    I DID think funny that Maxie hired a DJ for a wedding of what, 15 people???
    AND I repeat - is NO ONE wondering how Maxie is 'moving on so well' when a mother would be constantly wondering WHERE IS MY CHILD.....it's bizarre....
    I think Anna and Peter face off/he falls or something explodes and once again we think Peter is dead, but he isn't.
    can I ask my question again - if TWO of the five family members are killed, what is the pecking order - do TWO more families come in? What family member am I missing???? Who survived besides Mrs. Wu and Jason?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. No one is wondering why Maxie isn't grieving and going crazy over her MISSING baby. 5 families means 5. Not 2. And who is the 5th? Wouldn't it be possible if 2 worse families come along.

      Yup. Nina kept Sonny away from his 4 kids and Josslyn. Do I have that right? He has 4 kids now right? Lol.

      Delete
    2. AND Sonny has grandkids and a nephew Spencer.

      Delete
    3. Well I guess Sonny has 5 kids. And Morgan made 6. Dang.

      Delete
    4. The recent 5 Families were
      Nina Wu - Triad
      Cyrus Renault - Renault Org.
      Carly Corinthos - The Northern Seafront
      Charles Buscema - Cosa Nostra
      Vincent Novak

      The last 2 were murdered at the wedding when their Limo was blown up.

      Delete
    5. Vincent Novak was of the Five Points Gang.

      Delete
    6. COMPLETELY forgot Cyrus was one - which again my question - HOW do you get to be a Five Family if CYRUS got in?

      Delete
    7. Well Joss is Jax so she doesn't count LOL!!

      Delete
    8. Also I'm sure Nik doesn't care plus he has alot on his plate ya know with trying to break up his dad's marriage 🤣

      Delete
  6. If not for drugs,sex,money laundering,protection and guns what does the Corinthos Mob do for money -- sell Coffee?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still getting caught up with last week but the Jordan actress must have been well liked - Donnell was in tears as she was, and some of the others, too.
    LindaV

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeh excuse my opinion or anger but people aren't getting it because they don't get it! "Why aren't there kids why isn't so and so around" it's a God * pandemic and if they don't get it they never will. 🙄
    On to the show 🙂
    I really enjoyed it. Everyone knows I'm not a Sonny fan but wow! He was stellar in his performance, I was impressed! As for Nina, get the straight jacket out. 🤣
    If she thinks Carson are going to let her near her grandson now, she is cray cray....
    Sad to see Jordan go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have given up too. I made a comment on another site and someone kept asking. I posted the weekend stats for Covid in LA and and it still didn't make a difference. In fact, someone must have reported me because the next day my post was deleted.

      The message was clear. Go away. We want our fans living in the twilight zone and not engaging with reality.

      I agree about Sonny and nina. great performances!!

      Delete

BETTER DAY

  SO, let's see. Sonny's yelling about Dex betraying him and saying he's going to take him out. HE says Michael betrayed him, so...