General Hospital Recaps, News and Fun! FB: Wubs Net/ Bluesky: GHwubsnet and Twitter Wubsnet
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Dame Elizabeth Taylor ...
An icon of GH for her portrayal of Helena Cassadine died last night of heart failure. She was one great lady with such a big heart, especially for her work with HIV/AIDS.
Her role on GH was groundbreaking back in the day as she was one of Hollywood's first "A List" stars to guest on a soap. Of course, Tony Geary finally broke the news this year of his affair with Taylor in the '80's after she was on the show.
He said: "I used to never talk about my relationship with Elizabeth Taylor because I’m a gentleman and don’t kiss and tell, but she did an interview a few years ago for Talk Magazine where she outed us as more than friends."
Here is a great You Tube of her GH "outtakes"... she's hilarious.
Wubs will be making a donation to the Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation in her honor. Her charity has set up a Facebook Page where you can leave a personal message.
For an awesome look back of her body of work over the ages go to EW.com
One of her last tweets: "Every breath you take today should be with someone else in mind. I love you."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Two For One
Yesterday's show-- I like the therapist/Anna interaction. Val and Brook were good as well. Plus, Sidwell dishing on Willow? PERFECT be...
-
Laura's "Drew Face" It's perfection! I got Seven vibes with the whole BOX situation!! On Friday, all of use were ye...
-
BRITT SAYS: it's green jello day in the cafe today... Franco prancing around in the showers--- Felix in a towel. Tranco asks him for ...
-
Another summer week, another lack-luster showing from GH. Sorry but I'm just not feeling it at ALL this quarter. With lack-luster newb...


Rest in Peace Dame Taylor, from National Velvet, A Place in the Sun, and to your cameo as Helena Cassadine on GH, you were a classy and beautiful woman.
ReplyDeleteA dying breed in a world that prefers fools gold and quartz over diamonds and gold.
May your good deeds be remembered, your transgressions forgiven and best wished on the next great adventure.
Sad news. I was a huge, fan of her work.
ReplyDeleteLove Connie Towers, but Liz was the original and baddest of the bad Helena! As a kid, that was my first exposure to her work and I loved her take on the role
ReplyDeleteHer performance as Maggie in "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" was my favorite.
ReplyDelete"Giant" might be one of my all-time favorite classic films. And as great as her film work was, I really believe her work for AIDS charities and awareness had an even greater impact.
ReplyDeleteAnd she was a GH fan.
I loved the outtakes Karen thanks she was sooo good as Helena and I loved Tony my late exhusband looked just like him so I loved watching GH for that reason but he also favored David Soul so go figure lol......Goodbye Elizabeth walk with our Lord
ReplyDeleteOh my god, there is really much useful information here!
ReplyDeleteThis can't have effect in reality, that's what I think.
ReplyDelete