Monday, March 21, 2011

Will All My Children Be Canned?



Geesh..ABC really looks like it's going to be getting out of at least part of the Daytime Drama biz. We all know SoapNet is becoming "Disney Jr." and now one of the biggest blogs "Deadline" is reporting that AMC may be getting the ax. Jamey Giddens of Daytime Confidential had predicted some major shake ups, and boy was he correct. 

Personally, this is good news for me because I'd rather have that one go than OLTL. One Life is consistently amazing and engaging, despite being the "poor child" of the soaps. I am also hoping LaLucci doesn't transfer her "Erica Kane" to Llandview because there's just not enough room for 3 divas over there. (Vicky and Dorian are enough, and who knows how ES and RS would feel about it!). This on the heels of cast trimmings makes everyone wonder where we are headed. Remember when Maurice Benard told Terry Morrow he gave daytime soaps 5 years? Well...could be!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Man! I hope it's AMC anything but OLTL which is just mind-blowing every week! And I hope LaLucci retires I love her but OLTL is perfect as is an any infusion would be a disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I so don't want Lucci to go to OLTL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It won't truly have success, I believe this way.

    ReplyDelete

COURT

  So people are at the courthouse.  Joss talks to Kristina about Jason and says he's not guilty. Kristina says: YAH he is! They keep arg...