Sunday, February 2, 2014

Phil Hoffman... Our Fairport Boy


Phil Hoffman graduated from Fairport High School and was such a hometown hero here, I can't tell you. He would come back and talk to classes about films and film-making. My own son saw him and was so inspired. His mom is a respected judge and it's just so damn sad. That's him in my favorite film 'The Talented Mr. Ripley" right before uttering my fave line "Tommy, Tommy, Tommy".

I saw him at the post office one year and stood there like an idiot with my mouth open. He just smiled, shook his head a bit and walked by. I knew I knew him, but didn't where from-- lol. Didn't hit me until he left.


RIP.  You will be missed. Such a talent.

7 comments:

  1. Too bad he didn't respect himself nor his talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cosmoetica,
    Clearly you have been fortunate to have never endured the agony of watching a family member destroyed by substance abuse. It is a horrible disease. And respect has nothing to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite performance of his was in the movie Flawless with Robert DeNiro. A little known, barely seen movie with a performance worthy of award nominations.

    I also really loved him in State and Main. I like David Mamet's writing style and this was also a very nice ensemble piece.

    I recommend both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was Shock,because of how he died RIP Phillip Seymour Hoffman you was a good actor my movies I own is Doubt, The Savages Capote.

    ReplyDelete
  6. dar said...

    Cosmoetica,
    Clearly you have been fortunate to have never endured the agony of watching a family member destroyed by substance abuse. It is a horrible disease. And respect has nothing to do with it.
    February 3, 2014 at 10:56 AM

    ---

    Dar

    1) it is not a disease, it is a choice.

    2) I grew up playing in heroin galleries. Do you know what that is? Have you ever seen a heroin addict up close?

    Stop w the condescending crap. He was a fool who had all a man could want, and screwed it up.

    ReplyDelete

Hair Day --BUT I'M HERE!

  Today is my hair-- I know, I know!! David thinks it's all the time but it's really every 6 weeks!! That said, I might be out in ti...