Sunday, August 2, 2026

Sunday Surgery: FOUL BALLS

 


I've thought about how I'd approach this week's blog many times and I still don't know how it will turn out. My last post was titled "Chaos" and I should have saved it for this blog. I going to make a confession: I'm too old for these shenanigans to happen all in one damn week. I have whiplash. 

Since GH is going with Softball as a theme, I chose to honor that in the title. So: PLAY BALL! 

Get some scrambled eggs and pretend they are my brain and let's GO GO!! 



LOOK MA! NEW FACE!  On Monday we didn't even get a beat when this guy showed up. For some unknown reason, Nathan Dean had to get out of town and they found someone to step into the role. Christian H isn't even an actor --he's a stunt man and coordinator. So take that as you will. First of all, if you're going to fill in for a guy cavorting with AVA you'd better do a better job and secondly, did you REALLY need to film that pool and zex scene? I don't know the ins and outs enough of running a show but--eesh. I might have had a quick edit going on. Anyway, besides not looking anything like "Ethan", he had no accent and was just SO out of place. He recognized newbie "Hudson" at the pool, high-tailed it out of there and went to Lulu's to pack. Bye. See ya. What a weird blip on the radar. 



LOOK MA! I CAN WALK! Over at Casa Cain, we were all waiting excitedly for Drew's big entrance. Drew comes in, Honey I'm home and Willow about has a heart attack. This was peppered with scenes from the lake where a hysterical Nina is wailing to Brennan about pushing Drew over the edge. Out pops Gio, cool as a cucumber saying: Hey, bro! Yeah, I got him out. He was walking and talking so I drove him home. All of this without any real emotion by the way. For me it diminished the tension of the Willow scenes. These were pretty epic and done well. THEN-- Brennan and Nina walk in. A "Deal With Drew" is brokered and everything just...deflated. I get that Drew is now plotting revenge but the whole thing was over way too quickly for me. I've been waiting an eternity for this to erupt. Whimper...not a bang. 



LOOK MA! I GOT MUSCLES WHILE I WAS PARALYZED! It's so worth mentioning that Drew WAS SO ... roid'ed up that it was hysterical to watch him strutting around the pool. WHY WAS HE EVEN AT THE POOL? Anyway, this was just-- not needed and keeping him in a shirt would serve everyone much better. Thank you. 


ROSS AND RACHAEL VIBES: I had to include this photo because when I looked at it, I totally though: Ross and Rachel. LOL Sonny, Carly and Jason sat at the kitchen table like the oldies they are and gabbed about what Jason had missed the entire time he was gone to Steinmaur. A nice way to get some narrative in there but I did want Carly to freak out a bit more when she found out how long her boy had been outta jail. Maybe she will when she finds out Britt and Jason said "I love you" to each other. 





LET'S GET ALL OF THIS OUTTA THE WAY, OK?  Line 'em up!! Introducing Serena and Hudson! That's right... two more new ones fresh off the boat that Tristan and Joe got off of not too long ago!! I realize soaps need new characters but COME ON NOW. GH has SO many characters as it is, you could focus on them for a year and not run out of material. Serena seems to be the most interesting and looks so much like a young face-induced Nicole Kidman it bothers me. BUT her acting held up and who knows, I might end up liking her. Hudson? Creeper in the white blazer that knows Lulu's number and pretends to have a delivery for Ethan. It kind of cracked me up when she answered the phone because you know that came up as 'possible scam call' and we've all gotten the fake "package can't be delivered" texts. Also being a Spencer and Ethan JUST saying he had to flee the country probably would mean something's up. BUT! Hey, now new guy knows Ethan is on the lam and we'll be getting his new face doing whatever he's going to do. (Which we all know is probably looking for his baby)




THE OTHER TWO NEW GUYS:  So, Joe has another scene with Lucas. They are both looking for an apartment! Imagine that. That's about all there is to say about Ol' Joe. The other guy, Tristan is found out to be a WSB agent working for Brennan. He wants "reports". Jason recognizes him, Britt is paranoid and he assures her he's only been a 'medic" for the WSB and is working legit for GH now. (uh huh.. sure). So that's where those two are. So exciting. 


MY BEST FRIEND IS A SPY:  Trina and Joss have quickly made up and meet at the Metro Pool. Joss is still in her Men in Black attire and Emma notices. Joss tells her she's WSB which freaks Emma out. They've ruined LIVES!! Joss later sees Gio, Emma and Trina talking like the old friends they are and calls... Berlin. There was no follow up to this and who knows if she's leaving or not. 


MY BOYFRIEND IS DULL: Did you all notice Quinn was introduced one day and then... ? What? Can't we have some consistency? Yeah, the Trina Pintrest board will show up again but in true GH fashion, the pace at which things happen just waters everything down. Let's talk about Kai. Kai and Trina figure out that Willow could have pushed Drew into the lake because she DID shoot him. The most banal discussion ensued and I felt like Kai was going to fall asleep in the middle of it all. Yes, harsh but I'm just done with putting up with mediocre performances on this show.  Plus, poor Trina's just saddled with it all-- *sigh* 


THE SHINING LIGHT ON THE TOP OF A HILL:  Just put Jane Elliot on 5 days a week and give her ALL THE STUFF. Ok? OMG her mastery of things is amazing. We finally get another full-on Q family meet up with Ned and Olivia. Tracey is there with the quips and one liners that just make the show. Remember when SD, LC, JI and the rest had the same banter going on in the olden days? Ah...bliss. Her scenes with Stella were also top-notch and Vernie has to be on more now that she's a hospital administrator. Lunch with Tracey once a week please! 


PLAYING BALL:  The other development in the park was watching Elizabeth and Dante continue their 'side flirting'. He helps her with catching and she listens to his Rocco Woes. Who's looking on with a jealous glare? That's RIC!! He finally has his lady love and there's a shorter guy trying to hone in on his good thing. Will this push him back into Raving Ric Mode? Hmm... we shall see. 


I SAVED MY BIGGEST BITCH FOR LAST: Oh, Finola. While I loathe and detest this story, you are acting the hell out of it. I can feel Anna's skin crawling a mile away. Her constant undertow of something being 'off' no matter where she goes or who she's talking with. She saw Jason this week and I thought maybe she'd open up a bit. Nope. My biggest beef? Making Anna SO weak and vulnerable after months of that leading up to this point. We saw her going slowly insane. It was painful then and now it's just redundant. Should she be instantly ok? No.. but having Peter emoting in her face isn't doing it for anyone, especially the audience. I guess her quest is to kill Britt-- how long will that go on? Another big sigh from me. PS. SOMEONE PLEASE get rid of that wallpaper in there!! Thank you!! 



OTHER HAPPENINGS: 

Jason tells his love Sonny he needs to quit him.

I smell a bidding war on Wyndemere coming: Sonny vs Valentin 

Rocco and Scout stay behind while Char and Danny take the boat out. Danny damages the hull. 

Marshall is back and determined to be in Desmond's life

Stella and Marshall both feel a plea deal is best for Curtis 

Jacinda has evaporated although someone did mention "hooker" this week

Chase and Brook Lyn prepare to sign paperwork for baby Phoebe

It's revealed that Scotty Baldwin is living in Key West 

ALL I can think of is: George of the Jungle! 

These blogs are getting harder and harder to organize given the state the show is in at the moment. My thoughts are obviously all over the place and I hope I've at least touched on the important parts. Having Maxie's family leave, SORA'd Scout, Pop-Up Ethan, Joe, Quinn, maybe that Simon guy, Tristan, Serena and Hudson all come on within a few weeks of each other is just madness in my book. Expand on what you have. Especially when characters are featured less and less (see Laura). If you wanted a whole crop of people, have a small family move into town. I just don't like to look up and have to wonder which guy is walking into a room. I mean yeah, I hope allllll of these people work out because if they don't it will be terrible but I'm not hopeful. 

So that's that for this Sunday!! Let me know how you liked the Drew is Healed story and what you think will happen next. 

CHEERS!! 

THX to WUB Crew: Dave, Sonya and Sloan. 


1 comment:

  1. Good morning! You’re doing a great job with the blog and I understand your feelings and nearly everything you’ve pointed out. I’m choosing to have some patience because there are a lot of new characters coming in and they are switching up stories from other characters dominating the screen for a while. Hopefully by the end of August, we will see some marked improvement.

    ReplyDelete

Sunday Surgery: FOUL BALLS

  I've thought about how I'd approach this week's blog many times and I still don't know how it will turn out. My last post ...