If I was a betting woman I'd say there's some big ol shake ups happening at GH right now (or about 3 months ago). I don't know anything but--damn. This show is in freefall-flux at the moment and I'm gob smacked every time I tune in--- and not in a good way.
Does that iced coffee look disgusting to you? LOL I guess I get my cold brews with foam so that looks like water!!
Grab what you got and let's GO GO. Note: Just saw how long this is. Buckle up
With the ending of the Ever-Long Cold-Fusion Project, we seem to have gotten the idea that entire GH script needs to be flipped around. With the loss of Kristina, Nathan/Cassius, Ethan, Cullum, the entire Spixie Family and (maybe Sidwell), we are now hosting a crop of newbies that need stories. Serena, Quinn (where the hell IS he?), Simon, Joe, Tristan and Hudson all popped up within a short period of time. How are you doing with all of this? The unpacking can take ages. Hope you have great coffee to hydrate you.
OH BABY BABY: Let's start with a story we sort of know, ok? Brook and Chase signed papers and now Phoebe is a Chase. Kind of weird when EVERYONE calls your Dad "Chase" that you're last name is Chase but I'm getting off track. Cute scenes with all of the Qs in the living room having a banter. Even Olivia and Ned showed up! There are two dark clouds on the horizon however: Real Daddy (see down below) and the Rt 91 crash that refuses to die.
JUDGE JUDY: Oh how I WISH Judge Judy was at the helm at this farce of a trial. Just believe me when even for a soap trial, this was reaching far into the land of stupid. Saving grace? Molly. Love her. Love the recast of Kristen Vaganos and love the power she brings to the character. I'm also a MEK fan so having Marty in there was good too. The dialog and actual crux of the whole case? Meh. Curtis clearly punched Isaiah, caused his injuries and who even cares what he 'thought' about the accident. I have a feeling that he'll get off the charges because BOTH he and Isaiah said 'it's war" if Curtis is found not-guilty. You think they are going to pass that up? Nope.
SERENA IN A SARONG: Over on the other end of "Here We Go" is Serena Baldwin. I don't oppose this character at all but dang, did she have to look so soapy and pretty much like Jacinda? Lucy's up to her old tricks and wants Michael's shares of Deception and will to use Serena to do it. It's a good ol' daytime plot but comes at a time when I was finally settling into Jacinda. Well...guess what. Jacinda will be on her way O-U-T before you can say boo. We will get to that later. One other note: What the hell was the fall on Brennan all about? I almost felt like they knew each other in real life and it was a nod to something. I don't think they've been on the same soap before have they?
WOMBAT WILLOW: EESH. She's just out of control. Not only does she want to reopen the "Who Shot Drew" case ---she's totally cool with being the GUILTY PARTY in the entire thing. "I was found innocent". Girl, I think there's a host of other things they could get you for--like perjury and such. She served Jacinda with a restraining order to stay away from her kids. (You know it's because Wiley likes her more than Willow) Well, she just might get herself into trouble real soon.
PILL POPPER: All of a sudden Jacinda moves from "bad girl gone good to bad girl still bad". In the blink of an eye (and the addition of a new blonde), she decides to give Willow a janky pill to mess up her speaking engagement. Ut OH! Willow cancels that to go to the Arcade with the kids and drinks spiked coffee. Spoiler Monday shows Michael finding out as Willow flounces out the door. Will he save his family in time? Hmmm.. probs.
FUNNIEST FIGHT EVER SEEN BY WUBS: I've seen some things. Bad CGI, awful dialog during crucial fight scenes but never have I seen what I witnessed on GH this week. OOOOFFFFFFF. Not sure why Nathan Parsons Dean had to exit so fast and right at that crucial moment but he did. I'm thinking they had 10 minutes to find a replacement because as we've said before, that guy was FRESH off of Frosh Theater League. OR--maybe they hired him because of his 'Stunt Skills"? Why you ask? Because HUDSON ...the "Mystery Newbie" followed him in one day to Oslo Norway and supposedly knocked the crap out of him. He's Delilah's old beau and supposedly, Phoebe's father. Just rest assured if you missed the fight, you missed nothing but laughter.
LEFT-FIELD LOUIE: Now we get to the biggest head-spinner of them all. HUDSON arrives and skulks around the pool. Ethan sees him, runs to Oslo and as I told you above the get into it. Is Hudson just Phoebe's father? Why Noooooooooo... he's also supposedly acting VP of Jasper Jacks Enterprises and is coming to town to talk to Josslyn. Why you ask? BECAUSE JAX is on a sail around the world and LEFT RUNNING THE COMPANY TO HER. Read that again. Not only is she a super-spy, she's set to be the most giant CEO in the world!! (cue music). Of course Joss wants to talk to her dad but Hudson says no (like they don't have satellite phones on boats). Joss is questioning everything and Monday goes to mother for answers. Both of Hudson's 'introductions' to us the audience, were clunky and just baffling in places. I so don't care about any of it at the moment. *SIGH*
THEN THERE'S AVA: Just when she's out of the Sidwell orbit they put her into-- hang on to your hats--DREW'S!!!! DREW!! Read that again!! DREW!! This is also out of nowhere because suddenly Sonny questioning her makes Ava so furious she has to plot against him with a partner. Hey, Sonny doesn't have any mob people chasing him right now so let's get AVA! The talk about Avery killed me because we haven't even seen that kid in a year. Nina's going to be hella mad.
MUSICMANCE: Ava did do a great thing and gave newly graduated Trina a perspective on joining the Gallery. OMG!! Wait, so we might be getting an Ava/Trina caper involving an art forgery or theft? Some zexy baddies? NO? NO YOU SAY? Nope. Trina's going to sing. Speaking of singing, Simon (who wanted Trina to be a solo act, remember?) wants to have Gio and her be in a fake romance to sell records. Will they have to do TikTocks together too? Isn't that how it works now? So yes, that's another story brewing right on top of Trina's Pintrest Board Stalker. Keep up, will ya?
MY POOR ANNA: Reduced to having scenes with Peter and being jelly over Carly. *sigh*
THE GOOD PARTS:
BREAK-UP: Watching Jason and Sonny break up was both poignant and a bit over the top. Maurice and Steve did a great job with the dialog and really got into the meat of why Jason and Sonny hooked up together in the first place. Yes, this is an epic love story and we've all known it. SaSon will live forever in our hearts. Jason is out and oh...by the way Sonny is too. Yep. At least that's what he told Dante. I'm taking bets on how long that will last.
A SLOW HEALING: Dante said something to Sonny about Jason not breaking but healing and I think that was one of the best lines of the week. The scenes between him and Tracey were glorious. I really did tear up myself. So much history about Jason's leaving the Qs and the years they fought to get him back. All the right notes were hit. I'm glad Monica was around to see most of Jason's re-entering society but damn, it would have been sweet to have her there for that conversation. Jane and Steve both deserve all the awards for their work on this imo.
OTHER STUFF
YES, They get the best babies on this show!! Squee! Desi is adorbs.
Ric got an eyeful of Dante and Liz and he isn't happy
Emma seems to be a bit jelly of Trina (that seems to be her whole story at the moment)
No mention of Leo in the Q scenes. You'd think with an adoption and baby, he would be included but... hey.
Lucy and Felicia had a talk about Lucy's guilt over using Serena for stock gains. Felicia was like: MEH...whatever
Wiley almost drank Willow's coffee but didn't
Laura says Kevin is in Ireland for the fall and she'll be visiting. Maybe brining ACE home. (Genie has a regular break this time of year so that's where that came from).
STORIES ON THE DOCKET: I'd like to point out what is going on: Drew/Willow divorce, Scout/Danny relationship, Deception shares/Michael/Serena, Jacinda drugging Willow, Willow wanting the shooting reopened, Anna's delusions of Peter and revenge, Joe's.. um, being a policeman, Chase/Brook adoption and newbie info Hudson, Joss and Hudson/CEO of JJE story, Carly/Valentin, Jason out of the mob, Sonny out of the mob? Liz/Dante/Ric, The TRIAL Verdict, Isaiah Curtis hate, Brook Lyn's secret about driving, Tristan being a doctor and the WSB, The Sidwell Trial is coming, Rocco's guilt ...Sonny and ADA, Trina/Gio made up romance for music, Trina's stalker, Ava and Drew's new vendetta against Sonny, and... Cody/Molly? I guess the summer tour was dropped. Does Alexis have a story at the moment? Don't think so. I bet you'll think of more things!! It's just A LOT.
NEWS: Christ McKenna (Jack Brennan) is out in the fall. Now, this was broken by someone I trust and I'm still scratching my head as to why it was leaked so early (because, let's be honest-- it had to be leaked). I was just liking him with Cynthia and--boom. Jokes abound over Joss taking over the WSB position. She can be both CEO and Head of WSB! Why the heck not?? In all seriousness, this just throws another wrench into the already dizzying changes on the show.
JUST IN: From Twitter on Saturday:
| WARDROBE ALERT: Brook had on a LIGHT, FLOWERED BLOUSE! |
So there you have it!! The last few weeks have had me just going around and around about who's who and what's happening. Sometimes it's a whole new show and other times I really feel like they are just putting stuff in a blender and seeing if it flies.
Hope you had a good week. I'm around most of next week--we have a house guest so we shall see how that goes as far as 2pm comes!! (SORRY GOTTA BLOG!! lol)
CHEERS!!
I get everything you’re saying and it is a bit jarring the story curves that have taken place. I’m hoping that there is an umbrella to these new characters that will bring this together and make sense. Hudson, I believe is connected to Jerry Jack’s and Jasper is not on a year lung sailing trip but being held without communication so that Jocelyn can turn over power to Jerry eventually. This all goes to the WSB centric stories.
ReplyDeleteI truly hope Curtis has found guilty, and Brooklyn comes clean now that the adoption has been finalized. I was a little disappointed that the adoption finalization wasn’t done before a judge like they usually are.
Could that fall of Serena into Brennan‘s lap and their coy banter be that she may have a connection to the WSB?
I’m interested in seeing the fight over Windemere Will Valentin get it? Will Sunny purchase it? Will Drew purchase it?
Maura and Maurice paired together are better than against one another. Not as a couple IMO... Against one another? I will pick Ava every time!
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed Carly with Valentine when he was hiding. Out and about? Not so much.
Jason and Britt saying I love you and then nothing? It was flat. And now so many don't want them together because she's been so ugly to everyone. The whole pull was she showed a kinder side. Maybe the two of them can go visit Jake (they would do it offscreen of course). Remember him writers? Jason's other son and first born? I also loved Britt's budding friendship with Lucas.. now its on the outs again.
I have to say I do like the flirting with Dante and Liz. I am here for it mainly because they are 2 of my Favs and she is so underutilized for a legacy character.
Jacinda was really growing on me, so now obviously she will get the boot for almost causing weeping Willow to almost wreck with the kids. They dropped her and Michael for so long now no one cares.
Nina and Brennan showed promise. Of course now his departure is leaked. Maybe they will hire him back as Jax (my pick would be the original Brennan as Jax).
Poor Emma has been kicked to the curb. She showed what she could do when Anna was institutionalized and blew us away! Now? Hugs and love you's with Gio is about all we get.
So concerned with what is happening. But I do thank God for Tracy.
Thanks for another great SS!
ReplyDeleteI do not care about any newbies.
The mess that is GH right now is not just the writers but a combined effort. Case in point is the crash story. It was written but should never have made to our screens. That is production. That ridiculous event led to the brazen assault and the short and not sweet trial. Except for Molly who was quite good. Will this childish rivalry ever end? Probably not especially because that cute Desmond looks more like Isaiah than the nasty ass Curtis.
Hate that Brennan is out. Lots of fans are in a tizzy about this. I had a wonderful dream about CM last night. It was lovely. My dreams are not usually lovely.
Hate that Jacinda is most likely out. I like her with Michael. Serena is a drip.
Why don't they just go crazy. Who wouldn't want to see a pairing out of nowhere. Tracy and Sonny. Two OG's with nothing but contempt for each other. Soap opera heaven.
Thanks Karen...
ReplyDeleteI just cannot for the life of me figure out why
---there is even a trial
----Drew and Ava??
-----Why bring in serena and get rid of Jacinda
-----kill Jack unless Willow does it and she FINALLY goes away
----Drew continue to hate everyone
-----Nina is the worst mother ever
----Trina now loves music
I mean I could go on and on................just not good AT ALL
I just watched a fantastic interview with Jeff Kober from "Stone Cold and the Jackal" on FB. They probably do it on Instagram too. Can't bring it over from FB. I adore Jeff Kober and he is between jobs. GH should cast him as someone new for a brief, or not, stint. They can use all the help they can get.
ReplyDeleteI feel my head spinning with all these mostly needless recasts and additions. Especially all the men being cut from the same cloth—similar ages and looks, all kinda preppy, I don’t get it. And I really don’t look forward to Serena at all because IMO she’s a poor “Maxie” replacement that will give me too much “Lucy” time. I can only stand Lucy in VERY small doses! And how is she supposed to be the key to getting Lucy her company shares when she basically told Michael that’s what she’s there to do? I can get Lucy pimping out her own daughter though. It’s creepy but not above her.
ReplyDeleteMy ultimate hope is that we find out eventually Isaiah actually IS the one that left the scene of the accident. Not because I want pious Curtis to be right but because Isaiah seems really angry and suss to me right now—like during his convos with Liz and Lucas this week—and would add a layer to this baby story.
I feel bad for Chris Makenna—I really like him in general and, while I think he’s not a very good WSB boss, he’s engaging as an actor and his relationship with Nina is a nice spark! Why do I feel like GH is cutting out so many people and bringing in cheap talent? To pay for other people’s contracts is my bet. But it’s really backfiring IMO because I have no investment in half the stories now.
Ava with Drew will be a huge let down if they go there. And Drew was on his feet 10 minutes and I was sick of him already. He has ZERO rooting value and that usually doesn’t make for a good, complex villain. And Avery is a year older than Scout AND the kid of two Mon families—why isn’t she aged and getting engaged in trouble?
"If I was a betting woman I'd say there's some big ol shake ups happening at GH right now (or about 3 months ago)."
ReplyDeleteYeah no kidding! I bet that's what's happening or happened!!