Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Genie Francis Filming The Note 3 For Hallmark.




You can't blame Genie Francis if she feels she's on familiar territory when she starts filming a Hallmark movie here next week.
It was in October of 1982, a year after her famous soap opera character, Laura Webber, tied the knot with Anthony Geary's Luke Spencer that producer Gloria Monty brought some of General Hospital's cast and crew to Victoria to film an episode.

Twenty-nine years later, the actress who made her debut as Laura will be in town to reprise her role as newspaper columnist Peyton MacGruder in The Note: The Heart Healer, the Hallmark Channel's third made-for-TV movie inspired by Angela Hunt's novel.


8 comments:

  1. Just a note that Laura didn't appear on the show 'til (I think.) Wasn't 1963 the year General Hospital first began airing?
    Hey, Wubqueen, you are so into OLTL (and rightly so,) why don't you do an actual recap daily? Daytime Confidential seems to have lost their writer who did the OLTL recaps. They've still got Perkie's Observations for GH but nothing for One Life. I miss keeping up.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to say Laura didn't appear on GH until around 1979

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are correct, they got that wrong, I took it out!! (about Genie)

    I don't do a full recap of OLTL everyday because of time. I try to do a little update here and there. I don't do spoilers for that show-- it's just a pleasure I have to watch!!
    If you look on my write ups, I do try to include some of AMC or OLTL if I can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Genie Francis was first on GH as Laura in 1977.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Genie Francis seems to use her family as an excuse when there's something she doesn't want to do. She WANTS to do "The Note 3", so she'll film in Canada and be separated from her family. I wish I had the respect for her I once did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very helpful piece of writing, much thanks for the article.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Love Genie Francis....She's a great actress and I miss Luke and Laura...however I now watch her on The Young and The Restless. I LOVED Note 1 and Note 2...........

    Can't wait for Note 3......
    When is it on????
    Go Genie!!!!

    ReplyDelete

FIGHT! FIGHT!

  Sam's NOT HAPPY today! She's the latest to visit Jason in his own personal reception room at the PCPD. She asks him if he shot Dan...