....Standing in front of a show, asking it to entertain her.
I honestly don't know how I'm going to do the blog for this week. After the Friday announcement of yet ANOTHER character coming in, part of me just wanted to drop it. Part of me still does. Hard to be objective when I'm feeling so down on things.
GH has it's awesome, wonderful and almost perfect moments. We all know that. We also know the principal actors are magnificent. Trying to stay the course for that brief and fleeting day or two (sometimes three) is getting harder and harder.
BUT! Here we are. I watched the whole week and can let you know what happened. Sit back and let's go:
DEJA VU: Brook Lyn and Chase did the same exact dance they've been doing since day one. Actually, Brook has been doing the guilty "please forgive me" routine since she faked her pregnancy way back when. For now, Chase trying to figure out if he should stay or go. Doesn't look great for Brook. Doesn't look great for us. Having to sit through one more scene of her groveling and him saying "you lied" is just too much. Do I care about Phoebe and who gets what custody? Nah. See: every single kid ever born on this show. We know the drill.
DEJA VU TWO: Anna's doing the same thing since she shot Charlotte. Upset by her psyche and trying to find her way back to normalcy. Same. Will Valentin be there for her? Will Britta succeed in destroying her? Will she sit in her apartment and end up talking to boring Tristan for weeks? Meh.
DEJA VU THREE: Sonny and Tracey are talking about Gio AGAIN. For some reason Tracey thinks Sonny can change Gio's mind. First it was to get Gio to accept Brook Lyn and Dante and now it's back to Brook Lyn again. Okay. Thanks. You know the only good thing about this: Jane Elliot.
DEJA VU FOUR: Sonny and Justine have their routine now. Meet in that studio apartment above Charlie's and... talk about him being a "Former" mobster and OMG how it could affect her career and OMG let's keep us a secret. It's not even fun or sexy. That photo is from July. That's how much movement we've had.
ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT: Nina's busted for something she didn't do. Drew set her up and Ava's going to have to keep a secret in order to protect her hold on her daughter. You know, the one we never see. Other than Nina's drama in the PCPD, it was pretty flat. I guess Cynthia is gone for awhile. Maybe she's joining Genie for cocktails somewhere in Maine.
CORN: Carly wants Joss out of the WSB. Emma hates Joss. Joss is committed to the agency and is supposedly doing the job of running a billion dollar corporation with the help of one guy. She sure can run all over town and not worry about stock options. THIS PHOTO WAS ON TWITTER and made my week!! ahahahaaha. OMG.
A SIMPLE PLAN: Charlotte. What in THE WORLD is she doing? I mean, I get having a story where she sets Drew up but HIDING IN A WHEEL WELL and having a phone -- pointed to the windshield and... I .. can't. They should have done some AI deep fake that was then found out. Of course, it IS 2026 and not 1986 and we can't have teens doing what WE used to do. Given her heritage, Charlotte should be devious enough to come up with a better plan than whatever THIS is going to be. Also, I'll say it; BB doesn't have the acting chops to pull this off.
TRIANGLE: Liz and Dante-- don't even know. I suppose we're setting up the Ric/Liz/Dante waltz but so far it's been about making Liz Dante's sounding board. Softball and now Yoga. Can pickleball be far behind?
THE HORSE HOUSE: Cody and Molly. They used to be cute. My biggest excitement this week was trying to figure out how Danny and Char weren't hearing them upstairs. I guess Comet was too loud and drowned out the noises.
No point: Serena. Hudson. Tristan. Simon...Quinn...Kai... and I'd put Joe in there but I like Lucas so I'll give him a pass.
OH. Wait... hold up. See, there was a stalker story started. Riveting Pintrest board and shaky cam. It's been years since we've seen anything about it. I do NOT UNDERSTAND how this can happen. Seriously. Was it like--hey! Great idea. Nope. Well, maybe-- let's try it. Ok.. hold up! Ok, start it.. no stop.
NEWS:
ONE NEWBIE: Yes, If Diane isn't going to be on and we lost Marco, we do need another lawyer. So...here's hoping. Bonus points if she's a Ward.
TWO NEWBIE: I was SURE this was a NuFace Jerry Jacks but he's way too young. I don't even think GH would do that. His name does start with a "J" but--??????? Having rando number 12 doesn't bode well.
I'm finally not working at a JOB JOB daily and oh the irony. I have so much time to give this show! I'm not a writer or a producer so maybe I'm missing something. Is it way too much to ask for a cohesive, flowing story with a beginning, middle and ending told in a reasonable timeframe? Why do I have to wait weeks to see characters show up again? Also see: We are back to 2-3 characters per scene narrating. Oh for the days of families and the brownstone!
There have been 9 new characters introduced since January of this year. Two recasts. Just letting you know that.
Thank you for reading and sitting through this. I will continue to recap daily because that's what I do. Thx to David, Sloan and Sonya. Thx to all that take the time to comment even when you don't like what I have to say.
CHEERS!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteBest Sunday surgery ever
ReplyDeleteahahaha
DeleteThank you! Can this be fixed? My fear is that the OG actors that we love and have made this show what it's been are being swept into the shadows.
ReplyDeleteI hate that Anna is walking around freely and Nina was arrested and removed to foreign lands for being suspected.
This Charlotte thing is idiotic. Seeing her sitting in that car twitching around is nauseating. As is the stupid idea.
Elizabeth constantly going after Dante and constantly telling Ric it's nothing is what?
Robert is still alive.
No matter what I do appreciate this daily and Sunday blog. It's helpful to vent. Thank you for making us hopeful.
It can only be fixed if Karen and I are hired to help write the show.
DeleteClicking on the non existent "LIKE" icon. I'm not too sure they even think the show needs fixing.
DeleteTrina💩
ReplyDelete100 everything you said.
ReplyDeleteGH writers are just wasting time until November sweeps, so recaps and repeating dialogue....SCREAM
-----I thought new lawyer was gonna be Isaiah's sister but then I read Jordan's? SURELY Diane will be seen soon.
-----Halloween danger - Kai killed? WHY can't it be Drew?
----seriously, if Drew and Ava get together, I don't think I can take it - may have to quit - and it's BEYOND dumb cause we never EVER see Avery.
----even a blind dog would know DREW set up Nina.....
-----as I said on social media - I wish GH was an Etch-a-Sketcn and I could shake all the stories and start anew.
-----ooooo Jane Elliot also taking a break and off campus.
-----maybe November we will see the proper send-off for Tristan Rogers.
---WAY TOO MANY NEW PEOPLE ---
JANE ELLIOT IS TAKING A BREAK???????? ughhhhhhhh
DeleteShe hasn't really had a story since the Monica fake sister act. Oh to have her and Erica Slezak together again. Who will the forever forlorn BLQ go to?
DeleteI just feel like the executive producer and writers aren't even trying to bring their A-game right now. It's a hodge podge of poorly written, poorly executed stories. I am veering ever closer to taking a break from "GH" until things improve.
ReplyDeleteEasy for me to say, I know, since I read this blog and DC every day and only tune in on Hulu when it sounds good, but it seems like all soaps go through these constant ups and downs. I think every reader of this board has some way-creative ideas for riveting storylines but alas can only preach from afar. I'm grateful for this board and DC to keep me updated. And I completely commiserate with you for these painful days. I hope he powers that be read these boards (and I kinda think they do) for our input. I also think there's a lot of behind the scenes stuff we have absolutely no inkling about: contracts, pay scales for writers, network control over storylines etc. There's no way the Luke & Laura origin story could run today nor the Diana Taylor or Susan Moore juicy arcs. I think Disney keeps things pretty risk-free and dumbed down which is too bad.
ReplyDeleteI honestly think if I went back to the hey-day of soaps we'd hit boring patches as well but the one thing they did have was some consistency and flow through the stories. If you saw something, you could pretty well bet you'd see it through the week. I also think production is so jumbled now depending on schedules that it's crazy town.
Delete