Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Brownstone --Your Wednesday GH Filler!

Show of hands. Who remembers the Brownstone? It was 40 years ago. Does that make you feel old? Karen has been mentioning that it needs to return, and what better time with all the new characters we have on the show. I could easily copy/paste some background of the Brownstone, but all of you can just go and read up on it yourself either with YouTube or Wikipedia. I am going to just give my memories in a nutshell. 

\


The Brownstone was created in 1985, which happens to be the year I graduated from high school. Yes, I am that old. To me, and my recollection, the Brownstone was Friends before Friends. A group of people in their mid-20s lived together in the same building (sound familiar?) and they congregated around a big couch in the living room. (again, sound familiar? Central Perk anyone?) It made so much sense at the time to do this. Instead of meeting in the hospital cafeteria or Kelly's for scenes, this was a place for young people to interact.



I also remember, vaguely, some of the people who lived there. Frisco and Felicia, Tony and Tania, Luke and Laura, and some people without alliteration. Terry Brock was DL Brock's daughter, and she brought with her Kevin and Patrick. (Not Robin's Patrick, a previous one). And there was a murder mystery in the Brownstone and at one point there was a location shoot (not a typo. they actual did a location shoot) to a fictitious town called Laurelton where Terry walked naked down the street one night. Karen swears this never happened, but I have YouTube proof. 



He's right. I do not remember that at all. I remember the earthquake that struck in 1991 and Felicia was trapped in the brownstone. I also have memories of the Jake and Bobbie years there. I believe that's where they got married. 



The building burned down, and the set was transformed into another set, as most sets wind up doing. It hasn't really been mentioned since. 




NO!! I actually remember better than David here!  Kiki and Morgan redid the Brownstone as part of the Waterfront Revitalization Project in 2014. Michael was the head of the whole project for ELQ. This also included an AJ Quartermaine Memorial Clinic (I kid you not). Avery was actually born at the Brownstone while Ava lived there. 


Reimagined Brownstone 

What now? Does it make sense to bring this back? Can we fill 6 apartments and have a new location for people to hang out and have some coffee? How would this differ from the original? Who would own it? (Bobbie owned the original). Is anyone else getting a "227" vibe? I called on AI to give me a brownstone. There is no living room (of course there should be) but this could be a concept for a new Brownstone. I am not redoing the AI so you are stuck with this one.


WHO DO YOU THINK SHOULD FILL THOSE ROOMS?

Drop your comments below along with today's show! 

  


David forgot one important point: Who's RUNNING IT? I'm saying Aunt Stella! We need a sage, wise elder to bring this whole place to life. Remember Myrtle on AMC? That's the ticket! 

The blog for the day. Please leave comments below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Brownstone --Your Wednesday GH Filler!

Show of hands. Who remembers the Brownstone? It was 40 years ago. Does that make you feel old? Karen has been mentioning that it needs to re...