Show of hands. Who remembers the Brownstone? It was 40 years ago. Does that make you feel old? Karen has been mentioning that it needs to return, and what better time with all the new characters we have on the show. I could easily copy/paste some background of the Brownstone, but all of you can just go and read up on it yourself either with YouTube or Wikipedia. I am going to just give my memories in a nutshell.
\
The Brownstone was created in 1985, which happens to be the year I graduated from high school. Yes, I am that old. To me, and my recollection, the Brownstone was Friends before Friends. A group of people in their mid-20s lived together in the same building (sound familiar?) and they congregated around a big couch in the living room. (again, sound familiar? Central Perk anyone?) It made so much sense at the time to do this. Instead of meeting in the hospital cafeteria or Kelly's for scenes, this was a place for young people to interact.
I also remember, vaguely, some of the people who lived there. Frisco and Felicia, Tony and Tania, Luke and Laura, and some people without alliteration. Terry Brock was DL Brock's daughter, and she brought with her Kevin and Patrick. (Not Robin's Patrick, a previous one). And there was a murder mystery in the Brownstone and at one point there was a location shoot (not a typo. they actual did a location shoot) to a fictitious town called Laurelton where Terry walked naked down the street one night. Karen swears this never happened, but I have YouTube proof.
He's right. I do not remember that at all. I remember the earthquake that struck in 1991 and Felicia was trapped in the brownstone. I also have memories of the Jake and Bobbie years there. I believe that's where they got married.
The building burned down, and the set was transformed into another set, as most sets wind up doing. It hasn't really been mentioned since.
NO!! I actually remember better than David here! Kiki and Morgan redid the Brownstone as part of the Waterfront Revitalization Project in 2014. Michael was the head of the whole project for ELQ. This also included an AJ Quartermaine Memorial Clinic (I kid you not). Avery was actually born at the Brownstone while Ava lived there.
| Reimagined Brownstone |
What now? Does it make sense to bring this back? Can we fill 6 apartments and have a new location for people to hang out and have some coffee? How would this differ from the original? Who would own it? (Bobbie owned the original). Is anyone else getting a "227" vibe? I called on AI to give me a brownstone. There is no living room (of course there should be) but this could be a concept for a new Brownstone. I am not redoing the AI so you are stuck with this one.
WHO DO YOU THINK SHOULD FILL THOSE ROOMS?
Drop your comments below along with today's show!
David forgot one important point: Who's RUNNING IT? I'm saying Aunt Stella! We need a sage, wise elder to bring this whole place to life. Remember Myrtle on AMC? That's the ticket!




I couldn't think of six characters I like to fill up a brownstone right now. But The idea revisited would be great if the show was better.
ReplyDeleteThat said...I hate Scout. The character and the actress in the role.
Isaiah all over again. Blaming the wrong person. Most of PC is written like they are dumb and stubborn. Thug announcing the name of the perp. Ridiculous.
We all know that Ava can be a big bad girl but doing this to Sonny, the father of her child was always off the table. It is vulgar. And so is her teaming with Drew in any way shape or form.
Why do you hate the actress?
DeleteIt's not that I hate the actress but the way she plays the role.
DeleteI remember the brownstone being in my mid 20s back then. And the remote to Laurelton and I vividly remember Terry's naked stroll. We need to bring it back and Stella would be the perfect person to run it.
ReplyDeleteSonny's home:
ReplyDeleteSonny, Ric, and Jason: They are figuring out Vito who is one of Sonny's men betrayed him! This is all about Sidwell cookie and Curtis being beat up! Sonny thinks that someone has to talk to Curtis but it won't be him.
The Q boathouse:
Rocco and Danny Cheeto: They are arguing about Charlie! They blame each other! Rocco is making a lot of sense, so I am team Rocco!! Danny Cheeto punches him and Rocco punches back! OH NO STOP YOU TWO!!!!
Sonny's home:
Sonny, Jason, and Danny Cheeto: Danny Cheeto goes there to tell them what happened. Danny Cheeto says he and Rocco are done! Awwwww! :(
The hospital:
Jurtis: Yes Curtis tells Jordan that the bad guy told him the message from Sonny. Jordan is not happy! She thinks Sonny is lying about getting out of the business! Poor Curtis! His chest must be all bruised. Let's see his chest. :)
Ric and Curtis: Curtis wins the line of the day.
Curtis: I am in a lot of pain here, and they haven't given me enough drugs to listen to you.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Okay Ric told him that Sonny didn't do this, and Curtis doesn't believe him! Oh come on Curtis haven't you learned anything from the Gannon fiasco?!?!!
Jordan's Aurora office:
Jordan and Michael: Jordan tells Michael about Sonny! Then Michael tells her that she has to leave town next week because that doctor who helped with Michael's burns, will help Jordan!!!! :) Michael now that you told her, take your shirt off. :)
Michael and Molly: Molly needs to talk to Michael about Scout. She says there is trouble, but won't tell him the specifics. So really Michael is a sounding board. She wants to be a better aunt!
Miller and Davis law office:
Alexis and Scout: Scout is so upset that Alexis is telling the truth about her daddy, that she thinks Alexis hates him. She storms off! I don't really blame Scout. That's her daddy! Nobody wants anybody to disparage their parents!
Alexis and Molly: See? Even Molly gets it! She even says that's her dad. That she is a teenager. Alexis keeps saying Scout hates her. No she doesn't Alexis she is just upset!
Toad's DOD cult house:
Toad and Ava: TOAD GAVE MONEY TO VITO TO HAVE SIDWELL COOKIE BEAT UP! Toad didn't mean for Curtis to get beaten up, but he seems happy about it. Ava feels so bad. This is awful! So stupid! Come on writers! Get Ava away from Toad! Have Ava go back to work at the Jerome-Robinson art gallery!!!!
Toad, Ava, and Vito: Vito shows up and Toad wants him out of town! Stupid!!!! I miss the old Drew! This is insane! I was hoping Scout would overhear! :)
Scout on the phone with Rocco: Scout video calls Rocco, but he doesn't answer, and instead calls her the normal way. He says it's too dark. Uh huh. It's because he doesn't want her to see his beat up face. Scout is so upset about what Alexis said! Oh look! She sees her daddy, Ava, and Vito! Vito is talking! Come on Vito say what is happening, so that Scout can overhear! :)
I was also thinking the same thing about Curtis. Made his mind up and that's that.
DeleteLast night I watched GH's episode from January 4, 2023! I'll copy and paste what I said then.
ReplyDelete"FANTASTIC EPISODE!!!!
Dex's apartment:
Jex: Dex is the 2nd man that Joss slept with. :) Oh, well, I'm glad Cam texted Joss, because she finally remembered him! I'm glad Joss finally realized that it's wrong to do this to Cam and that she needs to talk to him. YES YOU DO!!!
Kelly's:
Cam and Scotty:
Cam: I should work for you.
YES! Cam SHOULD work for Scotty! :) Cam could be a lawyer!!! He would be great as one! Why didn't I think of that before?! :) In fact, Joss should become a lawyer! We need more lawyers! Not doctors!
Jam: Heartbreaking scene!! Poor Cam!!! Come on Cam you are not confused. You know exactly what is going on you are just in denial. Cam crying is making me cry! I want to hug him!!! No Cam you can't be friends with her right now, and that's okay! You will be okay! You two can be friends someday, and maybe get back together years from now. :)
Cam alone: Awwwwwwwwww! :'( *BEARHUGS CAM* I've been there Cam. It's going to suck for awhile!! :(
Haunted Star:
Britch and mudder: Oh this is so stupid!!! Tell your mudder what is going on and let her take you to the hospital!!!! No it's not to late! STOP IT! This reminds me too much of when back in the day Duke got shot in the cabin and walked miles to Anna's home and died in her arms! It was traumatizing!!! Anna wanted to take him to the hospital and fake Duke said it's too late.. OF COURSE IT'S TOO LATE YOU WALKED MILES TO BE WITH HER YOU IDIOT! Then of course we find out years later that he was fake Duke! I don't like to be reminded of that Duke scene! GAH!
Ava's home:
Ava and Laura: Awww a bonding moment. :)
The hospital:
Spider monkey, TJ, and Dante: Spider Monkey wins the line of the day.
Spider Monkey: I'm pregnant?!
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I was wondering if she is lying or she really has amnesia! :)
Sprina: Okay stop talking and kiss already!
Spencer and Nik: Oooooo! So Spencer's mind WAS working!! Very good. :) Yes Spencer, Nik is the papa of Spider Monkey's baybay! And his name is Ace! :)
Liz and Nik: Well, Liz has a very good point. So now I'm thinking Spider Monkey isn't lying about having amnesia.
Ava and Trina: Haha! Great way for Ava to find out that Spider monkey got the preggers! :) Overhears it! Soapy goodness. :)
Sprina, Laura, Liz, Nik, and Dante: I love that Ava confronted Nik about the baybay in front of everyone! I love Laura's facial reaction!!! :D
Balbrecht: She is gone?! Where did you stash her Dr. O?
Dr. O and dead Britch: Reunited? Where are you going to be reunited? She isn't really dead right Dr. O? You are going to keep her somewhere safe until you can revive her? I'm in denial haha. Nahhhhhhhhh not in denial! I just have been watching GH for way too long! Monica pretended AJ was dead. Helena pretended Stavros was dead. She even unfroze him! So if they can do it, Dr. O can too! What did she whisper to her about Nathan in her ear? It wasn't about Nathan at all is it? It's about how she will revive her!"
Today's comments: Awww Cam! :( Well you got a girlfriend now and you are happy. :) You are missed. The scene with Britch and her mutter, doesn't affect me the same way it did then, because, well, you know, she is alive now and all. ROFL! Still love Laura's face in shock when she found out baybay Ace is Nik's!! Hahaha. Still love the Ava slapping Nik scene. :) I miss Spider monkey! :)
I remember back in the 1980's when Tiffany Hill, Jackie Templeton and Heather Webber shared an appartment. That was a cool set-up that allowed so much character interaction.
ReplyDeleteI loved the sets of the 1980's (special shout-out to Robert Scorpio's spy-den)!
OK, Wednesday's episode was far from perfect but I think it was the most watchable one in many weeks. Finally, some of the stories are getting interesting.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I have always LOVED the brownstone. It was a great excuse to have several characters hang out together.
Lastly, I am beginning to want to see Michael make a play for Jordan.
I’ll just say this. Rocco had it coming. Was getting real tired of him acting like a spoiled brat.
ReplyDeleteI don't think Rocco had that coming.
DeleteI agree too, but they gave enough for Danny supporters to support him by having Rocco use Danny’s mother‘s name.
DeleteFirst, I really enjoyed today’s show. They are developing an umbrella story, which is really good.
ReplyDeleteDave, I will age myself even more, but Tom and Simone lived there as well.
I like it when they do umbrella stories. I am hoping we're pulling out of the mess of the last two months.
DeleteWhat is the umbrella story?
ReplyDeleteDrew/Ava set Sonny up, Curtis gets bear up, Jordan sister may represent Curtis causing a riff, Jordan may/ may not go to Batan-Batan. If she goes, it’ll affect Jordan and Curtis‘s relationship and Monet may step in. Sonny and ADA turner get exposed,Scout knows Drew and Avadid something dastardly which bring Rocco into it. Michael and Dante question if they can believe Sonny. This is the first week, there are more tentacles that can be derived.
DeletePeople involved already are Drew, Ava, scout, Sunny, Ric, Jason, Jordan, Curtis, Jenz, Monet, Michael, and Dante. Tomorrow it looks like it affects Trina and Gio. This is just a four or five
DeleteWith Sunny distracted, Jocelyn is supposed to go after the piers.
DeleteI only remember tom & Simone, and the Joneses at the brownstone.
ReplyDeleteMay not have been the brownstone but Port Charles, the gh spinoff, had a lot of the residents in close quarters and as roomies, was fun. Made a lot more sense than people living at a hotel.
Ava going after sonny is dumb, but teaming up w drew is the worst. She's now screwed over BFF nina and trina (and portia somewhat).
Danny is out of control, and I cam see lulu wanting to press charges. Let's remember Curtis got 10 yrs in prison for throwing a punch.
Sonny barely reacted to Danny punching his grandson.
Scout defending drew is dumb. I get hes her father, but he ignores her and isolates her. Is this Stockholm syndrome?
So is Jordan gonna be gone for months for treatment?
I liked Tom and Simone. They should bring back their son, Dr. Thomas Steven Hardy.
DeleteAnna and Robin also lived in the brownstone if I remember right.
ReplyDeleteOh yes the Laurelton murders! :) I remember Jake and Lucy were at Laurelton and they slept together! Jake cheated on Bobbie! Lucy got the preggers and Jake had to tell Bobbie! Jake and Bobbie were going to adopt the baybay, but Lucy did not want that to happen, so she threw herself down the stairs, but the baybay survived. Bobbie knew Lucy threw herself down the stairs and yelled at her at the hospital while Lucy was laying down on the gurney. Jake showed up and defended Lucy. But then Lucy did eventually have a miscarriage. I wish her throwing herself down the stairs was on youtube and Bobbie yelling at her too!
ReplyDeleteOh and I love the brownstone pictures Dave! :) Oh and of course I would want Stella to own the Brownstone! :)
DeleteSonya, Lucy made a habit out of cheating with women's significant others back then. No man was safe from her before she reformed - well, as much as Lucy can reform 😊
Delete"Gary says, Sonya, Lucy made a habit out of cheating with women's significant others back then."
DeleteOh yeah! She sunk her claws into men! When Alan and Monica divorced that really shocked me! I never thought they would ever get divorced back then. Then when Lucy and Alan had that wedding, it was hysterical! ROFL!
"No man was safe from her before she reformed'
Yup!!!! I agree about that!
"well, as much as Lucy can reform 😊"
ROFL! She is reformed. :) She isn't like how she used to be. :)
I forget who all Lucy was after. Tony, Alan and there were others that I forget
DeleteAnother thing I’m not feeling about this show….everyones related. Scout and Danny are quartermaines, but they’re also Jerome’s and cassadines. They’re related to charlotte who’s also a cassadine but also a Spencer who’s related to Rocco, who’s a Spencer but also a Corinthos …and so on and so forth….this show is high key incestial
ReplyDelete