I was going to just do a typical filler today until I realized it was the 11th. I just want to say a few things --and I know you're surrounded by memories but this has to do with the soap community. In 2001 the internet was just blooming. I was on the AOL soap boards at the time and we posted daily about life and our show, GH. I was also on Soap Zone. That day, numb and scared, I logged in and found people to talk and grieve with. I was home alone and didn't quite know what to do. People who I had never met in person were there to just BE with and process things. That bond has lasted for a long long time.
If you ever get the chance to go to the memorial in NYC, it's well worth your time. The underground is harrowing but captures the tone and tenor of that day while honoring those that were in the towers and also the heroic first responders. We have also been to Shanksville PA at the site of flight 93. Also worth the time and drive.
See you on Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment