Monday, September 14, 2026

Recast Roulette - Jerry Jax Edition

 THIS IS A SUPER-FILLER we needed to get in before anything REAL happens on GH.. 

So here you go: BONUS MATERIAL! Enjoy. Today's recap blog is one down from this. 

Sebastian Roche as Jerry Jax

You may have heard that Steve Burton blurted out that there has been a recast on the show. The actor is already taping, as Steve had some scenes with him. Speculation is that it is either Jasper Jax or Jerry. Many people are leaning towards Jerry, because everyone seems to think that Hudson is Jerry's son. Another big clue is that the actor has been on more than one prime time show and is well-known in the industry.

Before the reveal leaks, we decided to take a stab and come up with some ideas as to who it could be.


Bryan Cranston

Bryan is a soap native. I remember seeing him on episode 1 of Loving. If this is just a short gig, for a few months, I can see him returning to his roots and play around with this character for a little bit. But I couldn't see him long term. 


Grant Show

 He was on Melrose Place and Dynasty 2. He could actually pass as Hudson's father. He was on those shows for several years, so it would seem like he could make a long-term commitment to this one. Plus, he would probably bring a fan base.   


Christopher Meloni

We know his track record. His recent prime-time show just ended. Like Bryan, I don't think I can see him as a permanent replacement, but for 6mos to a year, he can really bring some excitement to the show. 


Bradley Whitford

 Very, very long credits in Prime Time and also a multiple Emmy winner. He would bring some serious star power to the show.


James Spader

 This would be a wild card. He was on the Practice and Boston Legal. He could definitely come on board as a villain. 

========== ==========

(Dave) I see Grant Show for the reasons I mentioned above. He would bring a different personality to the character and take him in another direction like Charles Shaughnessey did. Also, he would make a long-term commitment.   

(Karen) While I applaud David for coming up with these great ideas, I'm SUCH a Sebastian Roche fan there's no way I can endorse anyone but him. SORRY!! I say if you're going to have Jerry Jacks, it's him or NO ONE. 

Ok, I'm going to relent and say Bradley Whitford is an inspired choice! I'd love to see him tackle that role. 

And if it isn't Jerry Jax that is being recast and it is Jasper (Joss' dad) I have the perfect person for that role.




3 comments:

  1. I wish I believed any of those actors wld give a stint on gh a shot but I dont 😕
    Lol is that a blond John Stamos? Blackie cant be Jax, but Blackie must be outta prison by now (along with Patrick drakes brother, another one who went to prison and never came out)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with Karen. There are some people (like Robin) that should NEVER be recast. I LOVE Sebastian Roche and he is the only one that I can see as Jerry. Recasting Jasper would make more sense since Josslyn is on the show and they are talking about JJE

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Karen! Sebastian Roche or nobody!!!! I also agree with Karen about Bradley Whitford!

    ReplyDelete

Recast Roulette - Jerry Jax Edition

 THIS IS A SUPER-FILLER we needed to get in before anything REAL happens on GH..  So here you go: BONUS MATERIAL! Enjoy. Today's recap b...