Sunday, July 7, 2019

Sunday Surgery: Vet This

OMG and we've all been on the show forever!! 



photo credit: @bellqanita 

I think I posted this photo  on Facebook and maybe here too but I don't care because I love it! Everything's right with the world. Laura's mayor, we have our new DA and Commish-- a trio of fun. Now, we just have to all hope they are on more than 2x a month! 

I had way too many Pina Coladas last night so.. I'm just going to sit here and drink water. Ugh. 

Some important information was reveled this week but the most fun was that there were vets every where and they actually had their own scenes and mini-stories! 



SCOTTY and BOBBIE: Seems Ol' Scott is going through a bit of a mid-life crisis. He's done with his playboy ways and wants to settle down. First he tries Ava, who tells him to buy a sports car, then he goes to his old flame Bobbie.  She thinks he's nuts but they are going to start to date so that's something. Kin was using a scooter for a foot injury which made his scenes even MORE "Scotty' like if possible!! 




LAURA:  Oh she was in full Gram mode this week!! Her talk with Cam about his being a pill to his parents was priceless given her past. Irony was not lost on me! lol.. She used to be SO snotty to Leslie !! Anyway, her talk with Cameron did hit the note that he has had quite a few men in and out of his life (as happens on soaps!) and maybe he's hurting more from that than from not liking Franco. My wish is that Cam stumble upon news footage of his bio-father's death by cop and just lose his *ish. I mean..what a story! 



SCORPIO BROS: "We're Back"!! How happy was Twitter? Well, I didn't see one negative post about it. After Robert explained he went to law school with the Governor and passed the bar before going into the WSB, everyone was like: YEP! SOUNDS GOOD TO US!! Mac even had some good Mac-Daddy scenes as the head of the PCPD! He yelled at Beecher Billy and also put Chase on notice.  Plus who doesn't love JJY in a suit? 

STORIES: 



UNDERCOVER BOSSES:  So, these two decide to get statements from the Waitress and Harmony to implicate Shiloh in Willow's father's death.  While I appreciate Jason in a suit-- it was quite weird how Harmony just cracked under his Super Jaysus Powers. But, I guess he's also a forensic psychologist because crack she did! I still don't know why Sam felt the need to get all "waitressed" up to get "close" to the other chick. I mean... ??? Anyway, she got her to tell the tale on her phone and I guess that will play out soon. My only worry is the non-stop talk about that girl's dog. Will it end up dead and she'll back out?? Hmmm, I HOPE not. 

'

SUIT NUMBER THREE:  I'm throwing this in here because not only were Mac and Jason in suits SO WAS CURTIS and he was looking FINE. His story is getting recon on Jax for Valentin. What came out of this you ask? CASSANDRA. And if you don't really remember her well, there's a reason. BORING. Jessica Tuck came on that it just fizzled.  Last we saw her, she was being driven away by a Cassadine with a ring on. Speculation was Nikolas, Stavvy or Stefan. Looks like Valentin may be the one caught up in it?? Hmmmm. 




CREATING A COUSIN:  So, I did complain a bit about this scene because of the whole taking a Dead Guy and giving him a fake Iraqi wife and baby. BUT Sonny was actually a mob guy for once. He wasn't taking no for an answer, he threw money around like candy and threatened his cousin to boot! My complaints about the writing for him has been his not quite 'mob' enough so..hey, good on that. The other great thing that came out of this is that Dev is going to have to speak in an "American Accent" to pass off as the cousin. Phew. GREAT THINKING ON THE WRITER'S PART!! 




ASHFORD FAMILY: All they need is a house. RIGHT? Get them a big ol' brownstone with Molly living in there too. Jordan is going to have to find a new job because we want Mac to stay in his post. Anyway, TJ wanted to quit his doctoring and help pay medical bills. I thought Stella was going to kill him right then and there. That was a giant NOPE in anyone's book.  Stella also talked about finding a DNA match online but doesn't want to pay to see who it is. hmm, interesting. 


WUBSHELL WEEK: 

Kristina told Alexis that she lied to Shiloh and told him she ran over Keifer on purpose 
Shiloh stole Wiley's blanket for DNA testing
Scotty proposed to Bobbie; she said no
Harmony realized Shiloh killed her husband
Waitress Girl gave Sam a statement about the murder
Curtis found out Jax has a file on both Valentin and Cassandra
TJ is staying in medical school 
Stella might have a DNA connection out there somewhere
Franco is painting a secret picture for Liz 
Dev and Joss banter like siblings (or more??)
Cam and Trina are going to Friz reception together 

Dev will be Sonny's "cousin" with a complete fabricated background so he can stay in the US
Robert is the new DA
*Note: We also learned the whole timeline of the DOD --Willow was "initiated" in 2014 meaning she was sleeping with Shiloh after that because Wiley was born in 2018. 



SCENE OF THE WEEK:  Carly and Sonny had a frank discussion about raising a child with unknown complications. Carly went to the internet and freaked out. Sonny reminded her they have the money, means and support to help this child face anything. Very good dialog and rang true to life. (Note) . That Moss sure did bother me tho. I did do some googling on that and it does seem "the moss look" is "in" now.  I think it looks like Tribbles from Star Trek! 




PROPS OF THE WEEK: Scotty and Franco's Juice Boxes!! I wish they would have added some Lil' Debbie somethings but this was pretty fun. 




WONDERFUL WARDROBE OF THE WEEK: Maura looked resplendent in this blouse! Hair and make up on point too. 



WOEFUL WARDROBE OF THE WEEK: What in the heck is Genie wearing? This green drape thing might be ok in fall (it would still be shapeless and bland) but in JULY? I know WNY isn't known for it's warmth but it IS finally summer here. Geesh! 



NEW SET OF THE WEEK: Jax's office at Aurora/Crimson. Orange and a Giant Rhino! 



GOOF OF THE WEEK: ABC released a bunch of stills from Friz's party before it actually happened. I think someone forgot we had Thursday off --! So here's a preview! 


That's it !! Still to come is Hayden...and I'm not sure when that will be? Shiloh might get that DNA test done and what then?? Hmmm. Who's Stella's DNA connection? Why is Cassandra being brought up again? Ava will visit her psychic soon too.  I'm hoping for a photo-shoot with Crimson as well.  See you all later! 
Oh, someone on twitter told me Hayden shows up at the Haunted Star Shin-Dig! 

26 comments:

  1. so tired of superheros jason and sam. give the airtime to the many talented actors on GH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything to expose skeevy Shiloh, I don't care at this point who does it.

      Delete
  2. My favorite scenes of the week were Drew, Scout and also Alexis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great SS! Loved the vets and hope to see more. I agree with all that Dev is obnoxious and he makes Joss hard to watch, for me anyway. Cam and Trina are adorable-glad she is on contract. Maybe she is Stella’s long lost relative. I also have to say-they better not touch that dog!
    LindaV

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I also have to say-they better not touch that dog!"

      Yeah I hope they don't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
    2. I also no longer enjoy Joss's scenes when she's with Dev. He's totally obnoxious. I'd like to see Carly come in as he's nagging on Joss and have her bite his head off. lol Mama bear....maybe call him an ingrate...hehe Put him in his place. I definitely don't want them "testing chemistry" with a little criminal.



      Delete
    3. I agree Linda they both got on my nerves!

      Delete
    4. Me too,couldn't take Joss or Dev I just don't care for him at all! #GH

      Delete
  4. "Sunday Surgery: Vet This"

    ROFL!

    "My wish is that Cam stumble upon news footage of his bio-father's death by cop and just lose his *ish. I mean..what a story!"

    GAH! You made me emotional Karen!!!! :( Yes that would be a great scene and story!!! He needs to see that footage!!!

    "After Robert explained he went to law school with the Governor and passed the bar before going into the WSB, everyone was like: YEP! SOUNDS GOOD TO US!!"

    ROFL! Robert never went to law school. Total rewrite, but I don't care!!!!! Bring it on!!! :)

    "Plus who doesn't love JJY in a suit?"

    HE LOOKS GREAT!!! :)

    "Mac and Jason in suits SO WAS CURTIS and he was looking FINE."

    Yes!!! Curtis in a suit! YUM! So Jax knows Cassandra? I didn't have a problem with Cassandra, but the storyline was meh. I don't miss Cassandra though.

    "I did do some googling on that and it does seem "the moss look" is "in" now. I think it looks like Tribbles from Star Trek!"

    Oh no!!! The moss has a new nickname!!! Tribbles!!!!! Hahaahahha!

    "WONDERFUL WARDROBE OF THE WEEK: Maura looked resplendent in this blouse! Hair and make up on point too."

    Yes!! She looked great in that blouse!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robert could have gone to Law school, Sonya. We only knew him after he became a spy. Most operatives are recruited while they're in uni.

    And thanks for the great SS, Karen. I loved all of the guys in their sexy suits too.

    Also Stella doesn't necessarily have to pay to get results. Her profile is now on the site. Maybe someone who pays will get matched with her and come looking.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Robert could have gone to Law school, Sonya. We only knew him after he became a spy. Most operatives are recruited while they're in uni."

      But Di, Robert never talked about it with anybody ever. The first time he ever talked about it, was a few days ago with Laura. She even said she never knew. It is a rewrite, but I don't care! :) Just as long as he is on screen!!! :) And working. That means he is staying! YAY! :)

      Delete
  6. Off-topic but re: Jessica Tuck- is anyone watching the reboot of "Deal or No Deal"? I'm convinced the silhouette shown of this version's Banker is Jessica Tuck...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen - did you notice longer scenes with more dialogue this week? Not as choppy. Laura’s conversation with Cam and actually admitting she and Lesley had their issues too. Bobbie & Scotty going down memory lane too. Even Carly & Sonny discussing baby issues had some depth. I quite enjoyed the change & hope it continues.

    As far as Robert being a lawyer, yep I’m good with that rewrite and the scene with Robert, Mac & Laura: HAPPY DANCE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So I HOPE Robert catches all the 'bad guys' and Laura decides he should stay, since Jordan has YET to catch anyone ------ unless Curtis helped her!!!
    I AM intrigued with this Stella thing - is this when we find Curtis IS her son? OR that her sister did NOT have Curtis???
    For the 3rd week WHERE THE HELL IS MOLLY and her conversation with Kristina?????

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for another fun SS! Love all the comments too.
    It does look like the baby story is nearing the end...but that may be tgtbt. Not much left right now when it's over so it may go on and on. But again, if something bad happens to that dog who's name is Jeremy...I had a close dog pal named that once, this fan will be extremely pissed.
    Ava is beautiful. Her blouse was nice but she and Laura might want to take a look at Crimson once in a while. Maybe the wardrobe dept. too.
    Seems like some time has gone by so why does Shank still look like his booboos are fresh?
    Have a fun Sunday all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dna I think Trina. She's on contract now

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dev seems like a less likeable version of Stone Cates.

    Speaking of Stone, I didn't realize Cameron Boyce, the young actor who just passed away, had a GH connection. He played Stone Cates on Night Shift.

    https://www.soapoperanews.net/2019/07/general-hospital-alum-cameron-boyce.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't understand, the actor was 20, so he played Stone Cates when he was 9?

      Delete
    2. He played Stone Cates Jr., son of Jagger Cates, named for his uncle.

      Delete
  12. They have always misdressed Genie in my opinion. They dress her like a bored housewife. She's not! Costume Department, please makeover Laura. She looks gorgeous in pink in the opening credits. Try the rest of the rainbow!

    I noticed the Rhino painting in Jax office and remember it was for sale in Ava's Gallery for the longest time. So glad she suckered Jax into taking it off her hands...or wall in this case.

    ReplyDelete
  13. "The Scorpio Brothers ride again". Sure hope this is good. I am excited. Mac, Robert and Laura: the 3 musketeers. They need to add Anna into that mix somehow and get her to stop crying!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Like others, I am excited about "the return of the vets." I am in heaven when I can see Anna, Lucy, Laura, Mac, Felicia, Scotty, Anna, Monica, Robert, et al. PLEASE, writers, these folks are the heart and soul of GH, they need to be at the center of the action.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, and Bobbie, didn't mean to leave her out . . .

    ReplyDelete
  16. "The Scorpio Brothers ride again". Sure hope this is good. I am excited. Mac, Robert and Laura: the 3 musketeers. They need to add Anna into that mix somehow and get her to stop crying!!!!!!!!!!!
    Raleigh general contractor

    ReplyDelete

COURT

  So people are at the courthouse.  Joss talks to Kristina about Jason and says he's not guilty. Kristina says: YAH he is! They keep arg...