Doug Franco, actor James Franco’s dad, passed away suddenly last week. He was 63. The news was just released by the family late tonight. Doug had a Harvard MBA and was a long time entrepreneur in the Silicon Valley. He leaves his wife Betsy, mother of James, actor Dave and brother Tom. Doug Franco, who was of Swedish and Portugese descent, was one of the nicest guys you could hope to meet. He was also extremely proud of his sons. He told me during Oscar week how awed he was by James’s recent accomplishments and whirlwind of activity– a nomination, the hosting, the school stuff, all of it. And it was with Doug that I happened to walk up the stairs to the stage of the Kodak Theater when the Academy Awards ended this year. He was so eager to congratulate James and take family pictures. A lovely guy, gone way too soon. Condolences to the Franco and Verne families.
General Hospital Recaps, News and Fun! FB: Wubs Net/ Bluesky: GHwubsnet and Twitter Wubsnet
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
One Hell Of A...
FRIDAY!! I'm really enjoying this week so far--can they make it DAY 5 for me!!?? We shall see!! TODAY'S SHOW: Dante tells Gio So...
-
Laura's "Drew Face" It's perfection! I got Seven vibes with the whole BOX situation!! On Friday, all of use were ye...
-
BRITT SAYS: it's green jello day in the cafe today... Franco prancing around in the showers--- Felix in a towel. Tranco asks him for ...
-
Another summer week, another lack-luster showing from GH. Sorry but I'm just not feeling it at ALL this quarter. With lack-luster newb...
I was so sorry to read about his father's sudden passing at such a young age. I know James is very close with his parents. RIP Doug.
ReplyDeleteCondolences to Mr. Franco's family. So sorry for their loss.
ReplyDeletePretty helpful piece of writing, thanks so much for your post.
ReplyDelete