Sunday, September 27, 2026

Sunday Surgery: Trouble In Teen Town

 

Swinging into the end-ish of September has been a test of patience. This on top of all the newbies has been a drag on most if not all of the 'stories' brewing on this show. I'll give you the rundown of the week but it won't be much to digest. Skipping around also seems to be the direction we are going in so if you don't see me mention something, that's because it's now on the B side of things. 

One of our many Starbucks is closing so get over to your fave LOCAL shop for some nosh while you read!! 

Let's GO GO 




WEEK IN A WUBSHELL: I'm flipping this on it's head because of all of the narrative filler. You can just indulge in  this instead: 

Sonny and Jason had a Brown Dog date to talk about their lady woes. 

Isaiah and Britt had a heart to heart. He "gets" her

Drew offered Kai a job at Aurora 

Trina quit singing, then decided to not quit but did fire Brook Lyn 

Hudson is hanging out with Phoebe and Brook 

Chase moved out then moved back into the Q house 

Sassy Newbie Monet works for Alexis/Diane, is Chases' lawyer and seems to hate her big sis Jordan

Willow has a steamy fantasy about Chase 

Tracey and Yuri discuss planting hedges by the gatehouse

Charlotte's in big trouble..is she headed for boarding school? 

Sidwell makes it known to Alexis Sonny is out to get him.

Sidwell and Curtis get beaten in jail 

Ava and Sonny have a vicious fight--over him taking Avery to the ballet. 

Sonny and ADA can't keep their hands off each other

Dez visited Dad in jail 

Danny and Cody went to the feed store


TEENAGE WASTELAND: I'm using that header again because I can't think of another way to label this. Word got out that BB, who plays Charlotte is leaving the show to go to college. Instead of a much needed recast, they are sending her to boarding school. In record time, Lulu and Val both agreed on something and off she goes? Maybe she'll run away instead--that would also give JPS time off as well and we know he likes that!! My biggest beef with this whole thing is that it started getting good on Monday with the Char-Val confrontation in Carly's office. Then we sat through two days of filler before they even touched on it again. And I'm talking BIG TIME Filler. 



AFTER SCHOOL CRUSH: I'm putting these two in here because they are part of this teenage 'angst' going on. If you saw these scenes play out you KNOW why I'm cringing with every fiber of my being. And no, I'm not like a lot of you who see these two as para-related (I DO NOT CARE)..I see them as a sugar induced cutsie pie couple that make my teeth ache.  Scouts giggle after they kissed sent me over the edge. Maybe I'm just old and was brought up on  70's and 80's soap chaos and can't appreciate this middle school romance. 


ALLEY CATS:  You can't see this photo very well and that might be a good thing. After one of the most painful dialogs ever spoken, ADA and Sonny kissed. Jordan saw it. Oh horror. :eyeroll: This MIGHT have worked 15-20 years ago for Sonny but now? Just sad. "Are you REALLY OUT of the MOB"? "Can I REALLY jeopardize my career because I just can't stay away from our love nest"? Compounding the issue is that these two don't have interactions outside of that studio so any build up of a relationship is moot. I have no words at this point. Just try to watch a few of their scenes and tell me this is good soap. 


SMASH:  Again with the aging characters having wet fantasies and cringe worthy dialog. We've seen Willow do this dance with Chase...Michael... Drew... and...Michael and Chase and... OMG stop. 


MONET MONET: No idea why I hear "Rochelle Rochelle" in my head with this name, but here we are. Obviously. she and Jordan have a nasty history as siblings. The new actress seems good. Basically held her own with Jane Elliot so that's a decent start. Not sure why she couldn't have been a Ward or why Jordy needed family in town at this juncture but.. okay. I'm just tired of so many characters coming on, being introduced and then languishing in the background. (see Hudson, Tristan, Serena, Quinn, Simon, Baines). 


BALLET ANYONE: This harkens back to the time that Kristina and Ava fought over Avery going to the ballet. Remember that?? It's right before Krissy took a dive into the Metro Pool.  Either way... this ish just ramped up to a whole other level this week. Thank GOD Maura was there to do some clean up around the edges because it was in the danger zone. Again, are they bringing on a SORA'd Avery or what? With Char supposedly leaving and SO much focus on a character we NEVER SEE, they have to be right?  I know all of this has to do with Ava hating Sonny and teaming up against Drew. Ava should be teaming against Drew to save Nina but here we are. :eyeroll: 


VITO: So,  did they throw a red herring to us with Sonny's meeting with Vito? Ric Hearst made the commute in for a tiny scene with Sonny surrounding Sidwell and then this goombah walks in. He and Sonny talk "privately".  Sonny tells Ric he's sending a message to Sidwell in Jail. Did he REALLY have him beat up? Seems too clean to me. Sonny should be 100% done with Sid.  So--Did Drew set that up to blame Sonny? Did Sidwell set it up to blame Sonny? Do we care who set it up? Not me. I'm so done with Pentonville beatdowns and then inmates in the hospital yada yada. The one thug looked so much like Spinelli though, didn't he? That's him up there. 



YES, GH has THE CUTEST BABIES! 


PICKING UP PIECES: 

Who's buying Wyndemere? Wasn't there going to be some bidding war going on? 

How in the hell did Sonny GET out of the mob anyway? 

Weren't Lucy/Michael/Serena going to dinner? Not that I want to see it but geesh

Why wasn't Dr O there when Nina was arrested? She was there for that table talk before--now, just gone. 

Joe and Lucas' new apartment: evaporated for the time being

We never see the kids anymore. I know it's not summer but the littles just left town.

Tristan: WHY and if he's there WHY not a psyche?

Trina's stalker story: Again, slow as molasses


I usually can offer a more cohesive way I'd 'fix' the show more to my liking but I'm getting those splatter painting vibes lately. You remember the ones; you had a wheel and put paint on and watched it fly? Yep, that's the vibe I'm getting. There is just NO binding of stories or weaving of any tales. How can a show that was SO stellar with the Cullum end game end up like THIS? WHY do we have a parade of new characters that really don't contribute much to the show? I would have rather seen Sonny trying to get himself out of mobular life and handing the reigns to Ms Wu. I wouldn't have put Curtis in jail where he's walking around trying to protect Sidwell. Wouldn't there be way more drama if he was out and had to apologize to Isaiah? Why not recast Maxie and leave that family intact in Port Charles? We love James and Georgie is Scout's age!  Strengthen what you have and build on that. But, here we are. Also see: Heather Webber is coming back. Don't get me wrong, I like her but that is played out. Maybe she'll end up killing Kai, Drew, Hudson, -- etc. Oh, almost forgot that OTHER guy "Jude" will be here and connected to JJE soon. Pass the chips. We are going to need them!! 

I won't apologize for being negative because right now I'm a little miffed I finally have the time to dedicate to the show and I'm floundering!! I love our community --and I DO take the time to watch the show. I realize this is a 'building time' so maybe I just need to chill out a bit? What say you? 

NOTE: I am out Tuesday and Wed this coming week for the live show. We will have delightful filler however and you can comment at the end about the show! 

CHEERS!! 

Still waiting for Val to lose the 'stash.


1 comment:

  1. Take a deep breath, take out your gratitude, journal, and everything will be OK

    ReplyDelete

Sunday Surgery: Trouble In Teen Town

  Swinging into the end-ish of September has been a test of patience. This on top of all the newbies has been a drag on most if not all of t...