Sunday, July 16, 2023

Sunday Surgery: Stray Bullet

 


So, the observation I usually have when I watch GH the next day. HULU makes it SO much better!!! With no commercials it doesn't drag. Still jumps around and scenes are short but it doesn't make me sleepy. LOL Seriously, it was such a different experience. 

This blog might be all over the place because frankly, the show sure was!! Things just didn't flow again. Days blended into nights blended into--I don't know what! Grab that coffee and hunker down!! 




CosmicV on Twitter captured Glady's phone and it was a nice light touch in the week. Took me forever to figure out who "Sonny's Kid" was! Dante? Um..Joss? Who? OH! Michael!! Derp. 

I'm asking for your patience again with this whole summary. I feel like trying to put it in any order is just futile. There were also a lot of little things that happened I'm not including or we'd be here until August. 


PARENTING 101 OF THE WEEK:  The fact that Esme and Spencer are in a parenting class together in the middle of the summer when it should be all fun/sun grinds my gears for sure. Plus the fact that Esme's trying to weasel her way into his life even more is gross. BUT--Yes, I did enjoy Joss reading her the riot act. She's got Trina's back. I hope Trina gets the opportunity herself as well. I also hope Spencer realizes how stupid those classes are about "bedtime' and bails. 


HUG OF THE WEEK:
  After his parent class with Esme, Spencer went down to see Trina who was waiting for news on Curtis. He was there for a tiny bit and...the disappeared. 


GHOST STORY OF THE WEEK: A soap character 'dies' on the table and it's obligatory that a relative shows up to get them into the light. This time it was Curtis and his Mother, Irene. So nice. I actually enjoyed it because Donnell sold it. Loved the part where Tommy was in the 'parking lot' waiting for him as well. BUT!! Of course, they had the voice from the OR calling him back. 



ADVENTURE OF THE WEEK: I personally loved seeing Jackson Montgomery on our screens again.  He was tied to two vets and also MEK (Marty). I can't understand why they showed us Felicia the entire time and not the convo with Lucy but..??? He's on again next week and I'm there for it. I like the "Martin's Ex-Wife" story and knowing he's getting alimony. Good story behind that! It's obvious Tracy is gathering intel on the Deceptor so that his ex gets to stop paying him!! 


HIGH AF OF THE WEEK: Um.. HOLY HELL! Tone it down! This was so over the top it just was.. not believable. Not the choice I'd make. Maxie stood there like: WTF then did nothing! Well, Sasha was arrested for shoplifting after taking her meds prescribed by the mean doctor. She doesn't remember anything. Chaos ensues. No one's figured out that she's on new medication and this happens? Of course Gladys is as happy as a clam. While I don't like her character, I do think the actress is pretty natural and fun to watch. 

photo credit: @sloanrush3 


WU OF THE WEEK:  Oh She was ON FIRE!! Not only did she get pissed at Cody for marking cards and trying to get fired, she smacked him across the face!! Li got in on the action too smashing him into the bar. Ok, hear me out, Cody's not bugging me very much right now. I like the gambling connection and with the treasure money/Scott thing going? I'm ok. 


AWKWARD OF THE WEEK:
Krissy asking Maxie about being a surrogate when Maxie lost the baby and actually got pregnant with her OWN baby ...and.. it was a MESS. LOL 


SEXIS OF THE WEEK: 
Be still my heart! NLG and Mo just bring a lightness to their scenes. Loved the Krissy talk. I liked that Alexis didn't tell him about the surrogacy and wants him to find out. "She thinks your advice is so awesome"!! LOL.. more please. 


WTF FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY OF THE WEEK:  Um... WHY? Just... WHY? 


PROP OF THE WEEK:  Welcome mat!! YES!! And I will talk about the Dante, Sonny and Anna scene. So refreshing and very natural. Really liked it. The gun info from Dante was interesting as well. Is Pikeman working for the WSB or PCPD? Is he/she connected to both Sonny and Anna? 



WEEK IN A WUBSHELL: 

Curtis fights for his life on the operating table, sees his Mom... comes back 

Curtis may be paralyzed 

Sasha takes her new meds; steals stuff. 

Cody makes a million plus dollar deal with Ms. Wu 

Sam and Mac both realize something is up with Cody, Gladys and Gambling Wu Palace 

Dante tells Sonny and Anna the gun is traced to the WSB 

One of Martin's ex's is paying him 50K a month in alimony

Felicia and Lucy visit Pine Valley to get into Jackson' Montgomery's office (Marty's lawyer) 

Willow is home...Michael and Wiley try to "take her to Paris" 

Oh, on another note, Millow can't have Zex for awhile. 

Brook comes clean to Chase about Tracy's involvement in the hearing

Tracy tells Brook she's not off the hook as she's committed a crime getting those files 

Molly and TJ aren't happy with Kristina wanting to be their surrogate

Spencer and Esme attend parenting class; Joss lays into Esme big time



NEWS AND NOTES: Of course the giant news of the week is that SAG went on strike. It won't do anything to the soaps however as they are under a whole different contract. I think that may be good for them because I have a feeling the studios are going to hunker down for the long-haul on this one. 

Heather Webber will turn up this summer...maybe we'll find out if Esme is faking or not!! 





Just some fun photos from this week! Who doesn't love Tracey!?? I tell you, if they had a romance adventure with Sprina or someone, I would think this summer was gold!! Gambling, shooting, WSB involvement, Marty's ex's...Pine Valley and Tracey with a cherry on top. Yes, the pacing is driving me insane and I think things are spinning out because of the strike but there ya go. UP and DOWN -- LOVE and HATE that's me!! 

THANK YOU SO MUCH for reading and keeping up with the blog.  I appreciate it. Thx To Dave for always helping with fillers. 

See ya next week 

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for another great SS!
    About Finn and Liz....I said the same thing on some GH FB pages. Why, just why???
    The gun coming from a WSB stash in Berlin could be something interesting. Unless that's the last we hear about it.
    IMO the show has been spinning out way before the WGA strike. Hopefully they get it together.
    It's a very dark and stormy day here in CT. Hope you all have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Do you have an auto first post button. I check every time and no posts. Click post and mine comes up 2 minutes after yours. It's getting spooky!

      Delete
    2. Is there such a thing as an auto first post button? lol Guess we are the only two "early risers".

      Delete
  2. Thanks again for the great blog. I was worried this morning when I didn't see it. I thought you may have been hunkering down with your air conditioner as I am here. I've been hugging mine so much the last few days that it proposed to me this morning!

    Keep up the great work. WE all love it up here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Di says, I've been hugging mine so much the last few days that it proposed to me this morning!"

      ROFL! And did you say yes? :)

      Delete
    2. Yes. It will be accompanying me to the bedroom tonight. lol

      Delete
    3. "Di says, Yes. It will be accompanying me to the bedroom tonight. lol"

      ROFL! I hope you two will be very happy together. Years of happiness! ROFL!

      Delete
  3. Thank you, Karen! Great SS. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ----yes Donnell was fantastic in that scene......he'll be paralyzed and not want help, blah, blah...
    -----for me sorry - I am tired of Tracy.....still think she is gonna fall for Greg...
    -----No Ned all week and TWO WEEKS and some change since ANY Ava and Franco (ain't calling him AUstin)----the spoilers say Dex finds a body this week/is it Mason but I don't see HOW Mason can die so soon----------------the point is that I REALLY wanna care about Ava and Franco but they are never on...
    -------no reports from the Russia group?
    ------Sophia is not much longer cause of maternity so WHAT happens to her? I SO want Cody to figure it out.
    --------Anna + Sonny + Pikeman + WSB is what I am waiting for!
    ------nu Molly - I tried but I just can't.......
    -----can't forgive Liz for being at the park with Finn acting like teenagers when they never checked on Curtis or Portia AND AND she IS the HEAD NURSE?
    ------Karen thank you for all of your blogs, twitter, etc. and you are SOOOO right - the TIMING on all of this is HORRIBLE Editing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "CosmicV on Twitter captured Glady's phone and it was a nice light touch in the week. Took me forever to figure out who "Sonny's Kid" was! Dante? Um..Joss? Who? OH! Michael!! Derp."

    Yes thank you CosmicV! :) I was so confused of who's phone that was and who's Sonny's kid. It was so dumb.

    "HUG OF THE WEEK: After his parent class with Esme, Spencer went down to see Trina who was waiting for news on Curtis. He was there for a tiny bit and...the disappeared."

    Yeah where the hell did Spencer disappear to?!

    "ADVENTURE OF THE WEEK: I personally loved seeing Jackson Montgomery on our screens again."

    Yeah I loved seeing him again too! :) Lynn Herring said "there is a twinkle in his eye and he is just so sparkly!" :) Awwwww. :)

    "HIGH AF OF THE WEEK: Um.. HOLY HELL! Tone it down! This was so over the top it just was.. not believable. Not the choice I'd make."

    Yeah I wouldn't have written that! So dumb.

    "WU OF THE WEEK: Oh She was ON FIRE!! Not only did she get pissed at Cody for marking cards and trying to get fired, she smacked him across the face!! Li got in on the action too smashing him into the bar."

    YES! Soapy delicious! Loved it!

    "AWKWARD OF THE WEEK: Krissy asking Maxie about being a surrogate when Maxie lost the baby and actually got pregnant with her OWN baby ...and.. it was a MESS. LOL"

    So when will Maxie be speaking to Krissy? Will Maxie have to wrap her head around Krissy's question for another month? So dumb.

    "NEWS AND NOTES: Of course the giant news of the week is that SAG went on strike. It won't do anything to the soaps however as they are under a whole different contract. I think that may be good for them because I have a feeling the studios are going to hunker down for the long-haul on this one"

    I am behind them 100% for striking! They should get the money they deserve, and an AI likeness without their permission? OH HELL NO!

    "Thx To Dave for always helping with fillers."

    Yes thank you Dave!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Another Day

  It's time to try to watch the show.  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------...