Saturday, March 20, 2021

First Scene Saturday: Nikolas and Lucky


Brothers meet for the first time (1996)

 






Dave writes: Revising history is a rough road. It needs to be plausible and well thought out. When it doesn't work, the fans know it and let TPTB have it... Case in point? Monica waking up one day and suddenly remembering that she gave birth to a daughter twenty-some years ago that has never been mentioned on screen. To this day, when Monica mentions all her children that died, she never mentions Dawn. (and that bothers me)

 

This storyline with Nikolas had potential for major backlash because it was rewriting legacy. The Spencers at the time were untouchable. Instead, it opened up an intriguing can of worms. We got to learn more about Laura’s time on Cassadine Island. Luke had to come to terms with having a Cassadine in his family (sort of... work with me there). And Lucky was… well, watch the clip. The acting between Tyler and Jonathan is incredible. 

 

What helped immensely was that Tyler Christopher held his own throughout his debut and we had the great acting chops of Tony, Genie and Jonathan to guide us through and provide chemistry. This storyline was believable. And to prove it was, fast forward to 2006 when Laura wakes up from her catatonic state. All three of her kids are there, supportive of her and supportive of each other. 

 

This worked. On so many levels. And it started with this initial meeting between Nikolas and Lucky.




Wubsy Here: I just want to put in a few notes. When this story first happened I had an ATTACK LOL. How Could Laura have a SON with a CASSADINE? How dare they rewrite history!! Then I calmed down, sat through the whole "Lasha" and "Blueberry Hill" story and finally accepted it. I also remember this Lulu like it was yesterday. This time in GH was really interesting and had an arc I could get into. They had filmed in Rochester (the Pink Caddy scene) right before Laura gave birth to Lesley Lu. All In all I really liked the Nikolas angle and really loved JJ and Tyler.

9 comments:

  1. I loved tyler and jonathan together they were great together. I miss the old GH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved that time on GH. Thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that was an awesome scene. Fabulous acting. I forgot that Tyler Christopher was a great actor; not so much later on. I remember not liking him at all and I thought wow, what an arrogant prig he is. Started liking him at some point. Maybe with Emily. That is when GH was so, so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS. Like you I was FURIOUS that Laura had a son with a Cassadine.

      Delete
  4. I also loved tyler on DOOL. he is so talented. too bad he has issues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Ice Princess part 2.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QbCSyqdlVk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This might be when L&L said goodbye for good. Was sad to see.

      Delete
    2. I know this is not about Lucky and Nicholas but it is about Lulu/ NuLu

      Delete
  6. I loved that time on GH and loved Tyler and JJ. I was disappointed in the new son but considering the circumstances it was believable.
    LindaV

    ReplyDelete

COURT

  So people are at the courthouse.  Joss talks to Kristina about Jason and says he's not guilty. Kristina says: YAH he is! They keep arg...