Saw this on Twitter. It’s the 45 people that are in the opening credits of the show. 45. What are they thinking? and they just keep adding....
PS--I'm out of the office today and probably the next 2 after that. Please put your comments on today's show in each filler blog! Thank you
James, Kristina and Cassius are gone . We've added Tristan, Quinn, Simon, SORA'd Scout, Serena, Hudson and... Joe. Three of those are contract players. Not sure what's going on with Carlo Rota or JPS at the moment. But dang--YES, GH's canvas is just a sea of faces.
It hit me the other day we hadn't seen Michael in so long, I forgot about him. They don't seem to have much use for Jacinda, do they? *sigh* . I suppose his new Deception shares will give him more to do.
While I appreciate the fact we need new characters now and again, I'm just flabbergasted at all of the influx at this time. Joe the cop is a bust--so BLAND. Simon, who could have been ANYTHING is another bland guy. Copy that to Tristan. Another doctor when you could have recast TJ? I guess Serena is at least a 'legacy character' but dang. Getting rid of Maxie's entire family sucks imo, especially with her rich history and the fact we love James and Spinelli. What about Georgie??! She's a TEEN! I'm not even looking forward to "Hudson" who's due to come on at some point. I'm glad to see Quinn in a way because that 20something set sure needs a boost.
They really should be tightening up the families on this show and creating new drama for the existing players. Stories take too dang long to tell because there's just so much bulk involved. It's taken almost a month to get every character up to speed on the whole "who knew what when" in the Cold Fusion story. Well, except for Liesl who's only on a day or two here and there. You'd think Britt could at least be living with her right?
Also-- we need to see Brad, Terry, Yuri, N'neka and Deanna around. They are the colorful background characters that really fan everything out. We know they don't cost an arm and a leg, they are day players.
UPDATE: And yesterday we got a whole new Ethan. An actor who by all indications has NONE o Ethan's qualities. Remember when they tried to have him be all blonde? At least he had an Aussie accent. This guy could have looked zexy-dashing-- but... Cody Lite? Why? WHYYYY!!? No sparkle, no anything. I was thinking of Maura who had to switch partners when TC left that first time as well. Yes, she's a true professional.
Just looked him up.. he's a stuntman making his "daytime debt"... and he's BRITISH. Why the hell not have him keep the accent? Or at least do an Aussie one? We know Brits can do them!

No comments:
Post a Comment