Sunday, August 25, 2024

Sunday Surgery: Grave Desires

 



It was a week !!! WOW... our soap got soapy again!! The fallout from the "fall" was magnificent. I had trouble keeping up when I was live tweeting for sure.  Ric is back, Lucky's here and what's going on with Lulu??!! Squee!! 

You're going to need a lot of what you like to get through this!! Let's GO GO 








IRENE VS ADELE:  Here it is!! The whole enchilada. In a really well crafted scene, Molly gets a look at the contract for custody that Alexis drew up for Kristina. KV was masterful in her shock. She realized what might happen when the baby was born; Kristina was going to cut her out of the equation. The funeral was soap on a rope!!! Kristina getting up and talking during the service, pointing out SHE had the time with "Irene/Adele" and not Molly. The graveside confrontation was awesome in so many ways. Loved the addition of Ric. This sets a dynamic of Alexis-Ric and probably Sonny at some point. Wrongful death lawsuit?? 


MY AVA FACTOR: I say "MY" because this is my favorite character/actress on the show at the moment so I feel protective!! After weeks, months of WTF is happening? I'm finally seeing a bit of hope in the direction of things. PLUS she and NINA were civil to each other!! WOOT!! 


COMA-DAUGHTER:
  Lordy. Laura is getting 2 kids back in town!!  Laura's fighting for Lulu and Genie is such a great actress with the angsty stuff. Can't figure out if Lulu will die or get part of a liver. After hearing Maxie with her Friday and the Dante speech to Chase, I'm thinking she will wake up. 



WOE IS ANNA:  Jason tells Anna that it was Valentin that messed with Sonny's pills first. Anna is in disbelief at first, then begs him not to tell Sonny (he does). Anna's also being pressured by Laura to find Valentin NOW because of the Lulu mess and Charlotte. Poor Anna, let your boyfriend get away and everyone is up in your grill. 


STILL SEARCHING:  You need a story for these two? Come on, they are 20 somethings out there doing whatever!! I'm tired of the "I'm sorry" stuff.   *sigh* 




LOIS CHOKES?  Lois? Our brash, fun "I don't GAF Lois"?? I guess we needed some drama in that area if half the female cast is in that story. Mama LaRue is CFO and Lois is the spokesperson. Lois hears the make-up artist talk about her annoying accent. A caller calls in about it as well. This as after Lois toned it WAY down. Interesting take.  Morgan Fairchild even stuck up for her. I'm hoping LaRue is a secret embezzler because this could get boring quick. 



FAVE WUBSY MOMENT:  WELP!!! Brad is back--and I'm hoping it's for more than this ONE scene!! CVE loves him (and Terry) so I can only hope it's going somewhere. I really want Ms Wu back as well.  Terry needs to get in there running the hospital. 




DUN DUN DUN.......




WEEK IN A WUBSHELL:  

Sasha and Cody are interrupted again, this time by Tracey and Violet 

Ric is back in town and here for the funeral 

Molly and TJ name their child Irene Marie after TJ's grandmother, Stella's sister

Kristina loses it at the church and gravesite

Molly realizes that there was a custody arrangement drawn up for her daughter

Laura visits Lulu (who has liver problems) and finds Cyrus visiting

Lois has her first Home and Heart appearance and falters a bit--then nails it

Dante is stunned to learn about Lulu's condition and coming back to GH 

Anna is told to find Valentin ASAP

Kristina was arrested for assaulting Ava but the charges were quickly dropped by the judge until Jagger could get more evidence/ Write a report 


CASTING NEWS/NOTES: 



Lindsay Hartley was a temp Sam--again. I know KeMo was in Europe for awhile but it's strange she was JUST on the day before then..bloop! Who knows how they all tape though. I like Lindsay so I wasn't that upset. 



I guess  Morgan Fairchild is out!! BOO!! I did notice she was having trouble walking but I loves her. This is the new "Pearl" that will be host. 


HELLO NEW GUY!! According to Deadline, Swandi Wilson of "Star Trek Discovery" will be coming to GH in the Lucky story. HUBBA HUBBA. 


Ok!! That's it! I left out a lot of details and some meat from this blog and that's because there was so much to take in!! The John Jagger dynamic is one to watch because he's losing his mind. I also think Lucky is looking very "Ethan" like in this photo! Hope you enjoyed the show last week and I'm also hoping this week is as good for me. I do have a lot to do, so I might be watching on Hulu a couple of nights. 

CHEERS!! 

10 comments:

  1. "Poor Anna, let your boyfriend get away and everyone is up in your grill." ROFL

    I think Lulu is going to wake up. We're going to get the Spencers back on our screen with Lucky, Lulu and Laura. (She's a Collins now, I know. Whatever.)

    Trina needs a story ASAP. Spencer has been dead/MIA for months. Give her something to do.

    I want to see more of Molly, TJ, Ric, Curtis and Jordan vs. Kristina, Alexis and Sonny.

    I think Lindsay Hartley as Sam better than Kelly Monaco. (Sorry, but it's true.) I think they should bite the bullet and make the switch permanent. Do you realize this is the FOURTH time that Lindsay has filled in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That should be "like," not "think."

      Delete
    2. I knew it was a lot of times she filled in. It's like we have 2 Sam-Faces LOL

      Delete
  2. This new Molly looks a lot like Ric. They actually look like father and daughter IMO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great SS! Thanks.
    My favorites of the week are Brad and Cyrus back on air. Who knows when we'll see them again but I did love Laura's newly discovered family. Where is Marty anyway.
    Molly made me believe that it was Kristina's fault. Really great scenes.
    The character of Sam has been a big nothing for a very long time. Start the cast trimming with her, IMO.
    Anna turns into a bowl of Jello every time Valentin is mentioned.
    I hope JohnJag is wrapped up soon. In a straight jacket. And Ava regains her momentum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SURELY Cates is not much longer? I REALLY want him to be the one who killed Austin, and Ava finds out........at least we would know the writers didn't forget about Austin.......
    -------lotsa soapy stuff for sure with Molly and Kristina------------
    -------still think Portia acted weird about Ric
    ------I am VERY happy storylines are wrapping up --------but it seems like certain storylines are front and center, you know?
    -------when was the last time Curtis, Stella, Marshall, Liz, Olivia, Ned have a story??? what is the deal with Lois??? that is the best story they can do? her accent?
    ------I just want my Ava not to leave ------
    ------hopefully this 'family' dinner James will blurt out what he knows -----------and the new writers I guess dropped this horrible opponent of Drew's???

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited for scenes with JJ and Genie as well as JJ and Becky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really hoping the writers bring their "A game" in scenes between Lucky and Elizabeth.

      Delete
  6. I don't think Alexis drew up the custody papers for Kristina. I think Kristina brought them to her to review and Alexis tried to talk her out of it..did I miss something? The graveyard scene was soapy goodness. The whole service gave the impression that Alexis is favoring Kristina for sure.....setting up more twists and turns!!

    John/Jag is on my last nerve...

    ReplyDelete

Surf's UP!

 Stella and Trina have breakfast at the Surf Shop. They talk about Trina's life. Stella tells her to get her butt back to school. Spence...