Sunday, October 27, 2019

Sunday Surgery: Blindsided



Image
I'm going to keep asking you until you say what I want to hear!! 

Oh WUBSY had a good GH week!! I even wanted to get home to watch the trial! We had 2 Scott Sickles days! A new fun pairing!  Reveals galore! 

Don't faint...I'm sure I'll be back to crabbing soon! 

Today? Just a nice Americano from Starbucks. Only because I got a gift card :) That ish is expensive!! 



note: Giant thanks to @SoapJenn for all the photos! 

A LOT happened this week.. and I was here for it. It's all leading up to a good November I think--and I'm hoping the ratings reflect it. Love or hate GH, the actors are just top notch. I heard it got a 2 year 'renewal' (if that's how those things work?) and if so, yeah! Two more years of my snark, frustration and wub pouring out over this soap! LOL. 

ImageImage

 BLINDSIDE OF THE WEEK #1:  Violet ... the oldest 2 yr old  going!! She was precious I thought and I loved Finn with her!! I also really liked he and Rebecca's scenes together. I like ME with both she and Finola. Oh the choices!! I'm so glad Violet wasn't a secret any longer.  Epiphany in these scenes was also gold. She had no idea what was happening--(or DID she??) Hayden's excuse for renting a house in Beecher's Corners and having Violet there was basically that Finn didn't show up in Rome and she got pissy. Then she found out about Anna and-- well, the rest is history. Finn's none too happy and no one can blame him. 

Image

BLINDSIDE OF THE WEEK #2:  Poor Scotty, all ready to win after he slayed Kim on the stand and KEVvvvvvvin...well, Kevin thinks this new Franco-Drew hybrid should be able to make his own decisions! DAMN!! Putting a monkey wrench right in the works!! 
The trial was good I thought--well, it was a "hearing" so there was much more we could swallow in terms of shenanigans. 
Franco didn't want Cam bullied on the stand and I was hoping there would be a glimmer of him shining through. Asking Scotty to get him a BLT perhaps? But nope, he stayed in mopey stoic character the entire time. EVEN when Kim said she tried to drug and get PG by "Real Drew"he sat there like a statue. Monica said he was more Drew than Franco. Look, the lady has lost most of her family. If she can keep "Drew" around a bit more, well...she's going to. Even Jason couldn't lie his way out of going to Franco and asking him for Drew memories! Is all hope lost for Liz?
I somehow don't think so....

Image

WUBJOY OF THE WEEK: Well if THIS Wasn't the single best thing I've seen in a long time, I don't know what is!! Wow. I just loved all of it! Trina asking for a job--Ava giving her one. Inspired. Plus the actresses played so well off each other. Get that Gallery going again. There's always some intrigue around art. I was just grinning like a loon during these scenes! 

Image

CHRISTMAS PHOTO OF THE WEEK: Awww.. not even all the Donna stuff bothered me. I actually liked her coming home. The baby was adorable and who doesn't want to see Avery? 

Image

AIRTIME OF THE WEEK: WOW..Scotty was on ALL OVER the place! He saw Laura, he ate at Kelly's and had a strategy meeting with Liz. Barked at Julian and did his thing in the courtroom! GO KIN!! 

Image

HAIR DO OF THE WEEK: SO, Felicia was on, talking to Robert about Anna.  Her hair was very Helena like--or very Ava like--depending on where you want to go with this. Is it so someone can take her instead of Ava if they get out of jail?? Or..???? Hmmmm... maybe KW just wanted a new look- not sure. 

Image

MILITARY IMPERSONATION OF THE WEEK: Um, Franco you can't be all wearing Drew Cain's uniform. You just can't. Even if you do slick that hair back. 

Image

SUDDEN ACCENT ON-SET OF THE WEEK: What in the HELL is going on? First DrewCo sounds all light-southern and now we have Tad being all Upper-Class Genteel with that accent he has going! LOL.. It's bordering Fog Horn Leg Horn for me !

Image

"LITTLE" DUDE OF THE WEEK: Welp..here's Danny! He looks ready to skateboard and cause trouble all over PC! 


Image

SCENES OF THE WEEK: ALL the  Ava scenes. I loved her with Laura-- Julian, Kevin and Trina. The Kevin scene in her apartment was just so perfect. He tells her about PTSD, trauma and how he's been coping. Good dialog, true to life with a little spark o' Ava thrown in! Maura was even the best when she went in and asked Nina for her scotch back! 

Image

WUBSHELL WEEK: 


It seems Nina is bamboozling Valentin into thinking she forgave him
Spencer sent Nina a bottle of Champers...Valentin was mad
Trina is working for Ava now at the Gallery! 
Dev found the portrait of Hells in the garbage, sold it to Ava for $100 
Kevin talked Ava into moving forward with her life
Sam decides to go for a bench trail instead of letting a jury decide
Laura, Curtis and Kevin keep trying to find the painting and hidden clues
Dustin, teacher at PC High, gives advice to Joss to play with her friends more
Josslyn however, wants to write in her journal about angst
Cameron tears up on the stand about Franco's bravery
Monica decides neurology trumps biology
Kevin says DrewCo is rational and can make his own choices
Kim is called out on the stand for almost raping Drew Cain Beta
Lucy wants to sell Peter the condo but Peter is too afraid of his guilty ways to bite the bullet
Baby Donna is home safe and sound. 
Ava's stalker is still stalking. When will Nikolas show his face? (you know it has to be him!) 


This is a bit short and sweet because I don't want to kill the mood. I just really looked forward to watching the show all week and that's always a plus. There are still areas that make me nuts but it felt light and moved pretty well. Helps to see Laura, Kevin..Scotty, Felicia, Robert--Monica, Bobbie yada yada.  Plus some teen stuff that wasn't boring and the Ava Trina pairing. 
I know a lot of people are not into the Franco story but I think it's gotten us some good drama. 
And.. that's that!! 

See you this week!! It's raining and gloomy here--I hope Tillie doesn't want to walk too far. 


33 comments:

  1. most of the actors are very talented with the exception of kemo, SB and snarly. and the main family should be elizabeth weber family. not corinthos family. there are days I can't stand to even look at anyone in house of corinthos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura is a VERY good actress. She’s given a bad spouse/friends to act with. Her scenes as mom to Joss are always wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ava/Trina?! They had me at hello!!! I’m going to love them!!
    I said the same about Foghorn Leghorn all week! It’s so over the top. It’s a caricature of a lawyer, not an honest portrayal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more. Loved their pairing and it's nice to see Ava back at the Gallery and not moping. All thanks to Kevin.
      Those accents have to go.

      Delete
  4. kd said... Is it so someone can take her instead of Ava if they get out of jail??

    *** Ohhh. I never thought of that. Good idea.

    As for Colonel Sanders and the zombie I think RH just likes to throw a bit of comedy into what ever he's doing. He was constantly stuffing his face or doing the staring thing in the middle of dramatic scenes. I know some found it funny cause it was "sooo Todd" but it was meant to distract. If I was trying to get through a dramatic scene with him and he started that stuff I'd stuff something up his nose. lol (Leghorn probably just started following his lead.)

    And soldiers are not robots or zombies. Even at full attention they can communicate with their eyes. He needs to start being expressive and LOOK at the people he's talking to.

    I totally agree about Trina and Ava.

    And thanks for a great surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roger and Michael have been very good and their writing isn't the best. That says a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I think they've extended MEK's initial run and have given him a backstory that he's from somewhere in the south. Now where in the south could be be from that would fit into a current character bio? Carly is from Florida but that's not a Florida accent. Sounds like Charleston, SC to me. Might be Tennessee or northern Mississippi also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great SS again! And a good week it was.
    Ava is fantastic in every scene. Loved her with Trina and that she is back in the gallery. The Helena portrait is a great way to intertwine stories.
    The battle of the accents. Alone MEK sounds southernly Britishlike but not. Roho sounds made up. It is a bit annoying.
    It looks like the judge will rule in fake Drew's favor but I think she will not. Maybe because of the article that Scott showed about Franco's physical body being questioned on that same date. Hope so. Drew's memories do not fit Franco at all. Maybe they should get a blow up doll for Kim and plant those memories in there. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree about Franco/Drew. I think he hates this storyline and he is doing little things to subtly say 'this is stupid'.....and it is not something the GH executives can tell him to stop doing....I like it now - didn't at first...
    LOVE LOVE Trinia and Ava-----and at some point we will see her parents I think?
    when is Kim's last day and Anna's first day??????????

    ReplyDelete
  9. mufasa said....and it is not something the GH executives can tell him to stop doing.

    *** Why not. He works for them. They don't work for him. And no one is indespensible. I think the pandering to certain actors in the past is what ruined this show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no i agree with you! i Hate it. I think it's something they 'can't really put their finger on' since it's subtle....I TOTALLY agree I am so tired of them pandering --like giving Finola 3 months off every year!!

      Delete
    2. Why not, they did it for Mr Anthony Geary ALL the time.....

      Delete
    3. I think Finola will be off more like 6 months! And, again, I don't understand this, as another site showed a picture of her on the set in Aug. or Sept. I hope that she is OK!

      Delete
    4. It could be that they've only guaranteed her a certain number of days and she probably doesn't want to come in for just a few days here and there every month. If she has several months off then when she's called in it will be for longer stretches of time, and longer storylines instead of just a day here and there walking through and basically doing nothing.

      Delete
  10. I think Finola gets about 6 months off. Do you think it's about not paying them as much? They started doing that on Y & R with the one that plays Nikki I believe because of salary (my Mom watches that soap).

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the Trina and Ava pairing. I have to say that Ava is growing on me. I never liked her, but I am starting to really enjoy her scenes.

    Definely MEK and FrancenDrew need to lose the accent. So stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  12. also I am going to be SO mad if Hayden and FInn get together - she LIED and i don't like her character at all....

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would prefer Finn with Hayden over Anna if when she comes back and she is the whimpering crying Anna with no backbone that she was when she left.I think the judge will rule in Franco's favor but he will decide on his own to have the memory reversal. I like "Tad the Cad" but hate that stupid accent.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Why didn't they give Hayden a better reason for not telling Finn about their daughter? Makes her look so petty. IDK. I always did think she was petty; especially with Nicholas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Give poor Robert something to do besides harassing Finn. Give him a girlfriend, and then have Anna be jealous

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great SS and enjoyed the comments! Finn is too decent a guy to be involved with the deceitful Hayden, especially after depriving him of his own child for unacceptable reasons. I loved Trina and Ava-Trina has so much more charisma than Joss. So many cute kids this week! Hope those phony accents are gone soon!
    LindaV

    ReplyDelete
  17. what is wrong with Kevin? Franco is certainly not in his right mind...enough of this story..let Franco, Liz and family be happy

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was another person grinning like a loon during the Ava/Trina scenes. I could watch them every day with Laura and Kevin thrown in, too!

    Franco's constantly staring off into the distance is as annoying as the stupid accent. I agree with all of the other comments here about that, lol!

    The only downer for me this week was the pathetic mumbler. Ride and die chick my butt. She's ride and whine. Blech!

    Thanks for an excellent surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  19. On vacation this week and was going to be able to watch "live" 😁 but damn if it's not cloudy so of course abc is shotty and now I guess I'll have to watch tonight on HULU. 😡

    ReplyDelete
  20. https://www.facebook.com/generalhospital/videos/631218037407150/ Some Halloween previews

    ReplyDelete

BETTER DAY

  SO, let's see. Sonny's yelling about Dex betraying him and saying he's going to take him out. HE says Michael betrayed him, so...