Friday, November 18, 2011

Last Day for OLTL Taping...


Sad, Sad day for One Life To Live fans. I will write a longer blog closer to the time that it actually leaves for good (January) but just knowing that taping has ending is cause enough to write some thoughts down.


OLTL was the 'sandwich' soap I'd watch between AMC and GH when I had the time. Always great for laughs and over the top crazy-plots, I guess I took it for granted.  Headed by Frank Valentini and head writer Ron Carlivati, it's just been a joy to watch these past few years. Even when decisions were made to let cast members go (Robin Strasser), or stories fade (Kish), the writing remained so strong, I just keep on watching. This show still has Bo/Nora, Clint/Vicky-- most of the Cramer girls, cast vets that have been on for years and a hell of a great storytelling style. If you follow me on twitter, you know I'm screaming A LOT during the show!! 


So, as the lights dim in NYC on the OLTL we can at least be happy for a bang-up ending and great stories for a few more weeks. There's also the real hope that Prospect Park will get  it online as soon as possible.

From Kassie DePaiva on her FB Page:
This has been a sad day. I'm truly grateful for this awesome journey. I've had an amazing time in Llanview....and really hate to see it end. But it was great and my life is better because of the lives that have touched mine. Thank you OLTL/Blair fans for 18 years of goodness. It's because of you that it has lasted this long. Until we meet again... Xoxo

Nancy Lee Grahn:  I am heartbroken for the cast of OLTL today. My first tv job was on that show . My best goes out to the cast and crew. My hopes are that it resurfaces, as it should somewhere where it will be rightfully cherished

7 comments:

  1. I am sad. I watched OLTL from its very first day in 1968. Vicki was played by Gillian Spencer. There was Meredith, her sistrr. ETC. Wonderful actors, great storylines. It is not fair that the network bailed on them. Not fair at all. I will miss this show so much.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am so sad about this, I was also home the first day it was on and was an immediate fan....I have loved and enjoyed this show and its cast for all these years....it will be truly missed. it was one of the best...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am so sad about this, I was also home the first day it was on and was an immediate fan....I have loved and enjoyed this show and its cast for all these years....it will be truly missed. it was one of the best...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched the first day as well.
    A part of my life is now history.

    Anyone take notice in those statements that there was no talk about moving on to PP??
    That is dead in the water, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember bits and pieces of OLTL in the early 1980's, mostly when I was home from school during the summer, or on snow days. I remember the three sisters, one of whom (DeeDee, I think?) married Bo. Don't remember the stories for the other sisters, but they both had red hair. I remember Marco Dane, and slimy Brad Vernon, and Mitch Blake when he was just a con man involved with Tina.

    Stopped watching it & GH in college. I was really into Santa Barbara with my roommate. I returned to GH around 1992/93, but I never picked OLTL back up. Then shortly after I started reading this blog (around the time of Georgie's death - still makes me angry to this day!), I started tuning in again, mostly because of raves on here. Viki was in Texas, Marcie had Todd's baby, Jarod was pretending to be Asa's son. And I've watched OLTL almost every week night on DVR since. Good actors, funny dialogue, pure entertainment. I haven't been a longtime fan, but I'll definitely miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't watch after they fired my TSJ but it's a great show. Big mistake by ABC -HUGE

    ReplyDelete

  Joss is shocked that Dex almost killed Cyrus. Nina leaves. Dex explains he did try to talk Sonny out of it but Sonny was insistent. He wen...