Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Dame Elizabeth Taylor ...



An icon of GH for her portrayal of Helena Cassadine died  last night of heart failure. She was one great lady with such a big heart, especially for her work with HIV/AIDS. 


Her role on GH was  groundbreaking back in the day as she was one of Hollywood's first "A List" stars to guest on a soap. Of course, Tony Geary finally broke the news this year of his affair with Taylor in the '80's after she was on the show. 

He said"I used to never talk about my relationship with Elizabeth Taylor because I’m a gentleman and don’t kiss and tell, but she did an interview a few years ago for Talk Magazine where she outed us as more than friends."





Here is a great You Tube of her GH "outtakes"... she's hilarious.



Wubs will be making a donation to the Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation in her honor. Her charity has set up a Facebook Page where you can leave a personal message. 

For an awesome look back of her body of work over the ages go to EW.com 

One of her last tweets: "Every breath you take today should be with someone else in mind. I love you."

8 comments:

  1. Rest in Peace Dame Taylor, from National Velvet, A Place in the Sun, and to your cameo as Helena Cassadine on GH, you were a classy and beautiful woman.

    A dying breed in a world that prefers fools gold and quartz over diamonds and gold.

    May your good deeds be remembered, your transgressions forgiven and best wished on the next great adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad news. I was a huge, fan of her work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Connie Towers, but Liz was the original and baddest of the bad Helena! As a kid, that was my first exposure to her work and I loved her take on the role

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her performance as Maggie in "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" was my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Giant" might be one of my all-time favorite classic films. And as great as her film work was, I really believe her work for AIDS charities and awareness had an even greater impact.

    And she was a GH fan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the outtakes Karen thanks she was sooo good as Helena and I loved Tony my late exhusband looked just like him so I loved watching GH for that reason but he also favored David Soul so go figure lol......Goodbye Elizabeth walk with our Lord

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my god, there is really much useful information here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This can't have effect in reality, that's what I think.

    ReplyDelete

  Joss is shocked that Dex almost killed Cyrus. Nina leaves. Dex explains he did try to talk Sonny out of it but Sonny was insistent. He wen...