Time for a good ol' Sunday Surgery check-list of Health vs Illness--or something like that!! I don't know what's wrong with me lately with this show. I'm just being honest in saying it's just not grabbing me. You know I love the OLTL team, the OLTL characters and the like, but something is just 'off' and I'm not sure what. I'll try to figure it out by using a check list. Here we go!
1. Luke/Tracy/Anna - Loved the boathouse stuff-- loved their dialog and fun interaction. I even thought the Kelly's "Babysitting" scene was interesting. Watching Luke with a kid on his lap coloring was a bit disturbing but better than him hanging around the Haunted Star in the dark for days on end! Heather chasing Luke around is an added bonus.
2. Tea: Because I love her. That's all.
3. Felicia was on more! For everyone of you that can't deal with her voice or acting, there are 3 more of us that love her!!
4. The Matt reveal--way too late and way to "who cares" but it's DONE. Phew. Matt knows. Stop with the Who Killed Lisa.
5. Patrick/Epiphany: Another great scene and I'm glad he's back to work. Glad he shaved.
6. Todd and Sonny: Love. Roger Howarth was funny with Milo too!
THANK YOU for having Alexis, Tracy, Heather and Anna on --I love how this team uses it's "older" people in a vibrant way. Mac, Luke--Felicia... yes, yes.
1. ConKate crying every time I see her. I get it, Kelly Sullivan can cry. I also get she's switching alters all the time. I just don't care. Don't care, don't care, don't care. Which is weird because I loved my DID on OLTL. This is falling way flat. If the rumors are true about yet another alter and some hidden grown baby somewhere, I. Will. LOSE. IT. (The kid would be late20's) Unless the father isn't Sonny. I just want this all over with.
2. Olivia and Steve's big angst over Maggie. Please. She wasn't even on the show for about 5 weeks. We forgot she existed. Steve's acting like she was the love of his life. And the fact that neither one of them turned to Heather and said "What did you do"? was just not believable.
3. Although I applaud CD's acting, Michael's whole attitude change is bizarre and I just can't wrap my head around it. Is he working now, btw? Not that I care--and I certainly don't miss the giant coffee bean bags but still. He should have SOMETHING to do.
1. Tea's dress. Please, make it stop.
2. The courtroom stuff. With all the shows on about courtrooms this was just redonidink in so many ways. Spinelli may as well have been the lawyer. The "judge" could have been some guy off the street for as much sense as it all made.
3. Not ONE MENTION of Crimson. It's Kate's "Baby". Between her tears should be SOME angst about the mag. Or someone saying "I hear Crimson is folding" Or Todd bought it. ANYTHING.
4. If Heather says "Let's grab a BLT at Kelly's" again I think I shall throw some bacon at the TV. It was cute the first 3 times. Now? Annoying.
5. TJ and Molly all of a sudden making out on the couch. After not being on for months. Shawn suddenly at Kelly's. I tweeted something about him running it and had at least 5 people said they totally forgot that point.
The show is still inconsistent for me. I never know what day it is..or how many have passed. Ewan is shown -- then not mentioned, then being operated on. Johnny's up/down, giving Carly a charm and yammering with Todd but not really connected. There are some holes I'm feeling and I'm not sure why. Sam is all of a sudden in McBain's room all the time. Jason's doing stuff with Spinelli and detached from everything else in his life. I also feel like scenes are choppy and not flowing the way I'd like them to. Lulu is a prime example...she was on talking to Luke, then nothing. Dolores and her husband and the stripper thing--nothing. Anyone else feel like this? I watched in real time 4 days last week so it's not like I'm missing huge chunks of the show. Even Maxie telling Matt about Lisa just felt like a let down.
Liason was on again, which I guess makes their fanbase happy. I liked the scene with Emma but on Sam's BIRTHDAY? When she's been RAPED and PG with Franco's baby? Um...not cool, imo. Even though I love McBam, I didn't appreciate the birthday stuff.
I wish Anna and Patrick were together more. I wish I cared more about the stories on the show. I was so happy and excited, remember?! I don't want to damper YOUR excitement however so please tell me what you are loving about the show.
SCENE OF THE WEEK: Todd giggling when Milo frisked him. My fave.
NOT THE SCENE OF THE WEEK: There wasn't a really BAD scene-- can't pick one this week. They were all ok scenes within themselves. Just not too connected for me.
Did you know I have the summer off? Well, only a few clients so I'll be around more-- which maybe will help my attitude.