Sunday, February 22, 2015

Sunday Surgery: Payday

20150218 0732(3)

Well, we got our answer this week in spades. Tony Geary acted up a storm and the final clues to the Fluke/Luke mystery tumble out. Not so much the "why" just yet but it's coming. Fine scenes all around for all. 

Whether you love it or roll your eyes at it, General Hospital certainly makes you take notice. I found myself going back and back again to the time when "Fluke" first appeared.  Trying to see if the DID ("split-personality") thing fit.
I've given up. I'm done asking questions and trying to fill the holes. I surrender.


Belly up and get some bacon, a maple donut and...oh dang it's not Fat Tuesday right? I'll have a nice egg-white omelet and a sip of cherry juice and if I smoked probably a drag on something.


20150218 0743(16)

After all the months of us wanting the saga to be done, it came in like a lion this week. Why do I feel so... blah about the whole thing then? I suppose you could say it was a case of "thought too much" about it and in the end, didn't really have the impact it should for me. Perhaps the OLTL Nikki/Vicki and the Jess/Tess stuff made me weary..or then again, the relatively recent Kate/Connie stuff did it. Not sure.  Seems DID has run it's course.

Yep, Tony Geary can act. He can yell too (see what theater training does for you kiddos? Great breath support). Jackie Zeman did a fine job as the hurt sister that was looking for the truth. It will be an emmy reel for sure.  When Tracy came in and "Luke" was back, wowza. Tony did such a perfection job. The tears in his eyes were so..genuine. Very good stuff. Yes. 


20150219 0650(24)

Interestingly enough, the truth was pretty easy to come by. Helena just dropped a lot of it like it was butter off her tongue. "After the clinic fire, we met up at Jerry Jack's house and even though he tried to kill me and I tried to poison him, we laughed and teamed up". (paraphrasing) Okay then! 
"Why, it's almost like he's TWO PEOPLE" Lulu says...Light bulb goes on in Tracy's head. (I think for the first time in a year). Bobbie meets them at Kelly's and in about 10 minutes they get the fact that Luke is suffering from some split-self because of his childhood traumas. Bobbie thinks she can "find someone to help" with the memories. Will it be the elusive PATRICIA we've heard all about?  Seems like Tracy will find her and drag the truth out of her. Casting will be interesting! 
What demons followed Luke out of that house on Elm Street? Did they follow him as far back as Laura's rape? It will be very interesting to see how this unfolds. Perhaps Luke/Fluke were one for a long time then split. Seems Luke would have giant chunks of his life missing if they were separate all this time. 
20150218 0744(36)
Lulu almost breaks Hellzba's arm! 
20150218 0651(11)
My Little Prince 
On to the next thing that Helena thought she'd spill to Nikolas. She opened a box containing Alan Q's Wedding Ring and explained it was Jason Quartermaine's. Now Nikolas will wrestle with the secret he'll be keeping for a bit.  Helena is all of a sudden just a push over or what? I think it's her dancing with Spencer that did it!  Later, just when I think Helena is here to be the grand maven of Wyndemere--Nikolas banishes her to Greece!! What!? Greece? NO!! She's just starting to have some normal type interactions with people. She's telling the truth. Dang it, Nikolas. Grrrrrr. 
20150220 0652(16)
I'm...I'm... thud

Jake's Brain. What's in Jake's brain? Is it like what was in Jason's brain or just the fact that he had the same choice to make 10 years ago? Seems like it. Jake gets taken into surgery and has a flashback as he goes under. He hears Helena tell him he's really Jason. Will he wake up remembering? Oh, you don't think it will be that easy, do you? Liz and Patrick think he knows who he is...but no dice.  Nik thinks Jake will remember so he didn't tell Liz what Helena told him. What a web. 
Post note: Just remembered that Nikolas went through all the people that should know about Jake "those close to him" AND FORGETS MONICA????? Um, Yeah.  Looks like everyone has forgotten his mother. 
20150220 0657(29)
\
Olivia spills to Ned she's pregnant. Then she tries to wiggle out of it but he realizes she's lying. So, he decides to go to the doctor's with her and then 'plan something'.  HMmmmmmmm what could happen? Could Ned do what he did years ago and claim the baby as 'his'? Welp. You figure it out. Alexis sure did! She did a good job laying into Ned about that situation. I bet Alexis is going to get on that. 


20150218 0702(10)
ADORBS 
I just put this pic up  because--SQUEE!!  And yes, poor little Avery is living at Sonny's house--which is as child friendly as a nightclub. Sonny and Carly have some drinks by the fire and talk about their loooooove.  They are all happy until they find out Michael is suing for custody of Avery. YES! Michael is suing for custody! NOT Kiki--but Michael!! Okay then. I guess enough lawyers told me on Twitter that siblings can sue for custody and I should calm the hell down on that point.  I still say he should have gone after a civil suit for AJ's death and cleaned him out financially. This is GH however, and it wouldn't be the same without some people trying to pull babies apart. 
Speaking of great baby scenes-- Lulu and Maxie were awesome together. Really liked the dialog. The kids were so cute!! The loft was looked Baby-Fun!!! Their talk was genuine and I am so happy they are back being friends. Now, move them into the Brownstone together. Come on! DO IT!! 


20150220 0652(10)

So, tell me WHY Sabrina seems to have taken Rosalie's place? Wasn't Rosie going to be Mike's assistant? I guess she's off guarding her still kept secret.   I was thinking that Rosie actually should have been related to Sabby-- sisters with a rivalry ala old Liz and Sarah. ANYTHING to make this one up there more interesting. 


20150217 0715(20)
See ya, Shorty 
I will talk about this scene in detail down in the scene of the week. This is why I watch soaps. Wow.. history was used to a "T". Yes, it was OLTL history but a fine, wonderful send off for two characters I've loved since Kristen Alderson was about 5. RH gave such a perfect-pitched performance I got all teary. Kudos to the writers and the actors for this little gem. 


20150220 0650(23)

Anna comes back glowing with the news for Ol' Sloane that she's now FBI, doing HIS job and is going to investigate him!! BOOM!  I also liked when she stole his BLT.  Duke came in too and found out she's a Fed now. By the way, he's not giving the business back to Sonny because Sonny doesn't want it. Especially if he's trying to keep Avery. 


20150217 0849(26)

SCENE OF THE WEEK; There were quite a few big ones bur I have to go with Todd/Starr farewell. The whole "you are my daughter' history and discussing her mother (Blair) was so spot-on.  KA played it really well, I thought..she didn't dissolve into tears when Franco was being so tender and loving, but acted confused.  They shared a little tears, smiles and a wave goodbye. I'm so sorry the OLTL characters had to be reshuffled because of the PP lawsuit. 

RUNNER UP: I don't have a picture but I really loved the Lulu/Maxie scene with the babies. Very natural, great dialog and very believable the way they were bantering. More please. 


20150218 0712

PROP OF THE WEEK: A sneak peek into Jake's brain. They called it an MRI but I say it's a CAT Scan. I'm funny that way. LOL. Jake/Jason's brain has been worked on so many times Patrick should be able to recognize it just by it's shape. 


20150220 0735(7)

FACE OF THE WEEK: Again goes to Lisa/Olivia. I think she's had a few this month! LOL 


20150220 0729(29)

HUG HEARD AROUND THE WORLD:  Yes, do not adjust your sets. St.NuJakeFace worked a MIRACLE! (how many do you need for sainthood?) 


If you read the blog this week, you saw how much I really liked Friday's show. It was very character driven, old school soapy.  Now the end is here in the Tony/Luke saga and I HOPE it plays out wonderfully. Fingers' crossed!!  
This week will be crazy for me at work... I have 2 new clients to start with and the massive cold makes my days stressful. (and there's GUS too...still lame as heck) So, If I'm not here I'll try to at least get a post up for you to comment on! 

It was a big week...what did you think of the "end result" of all the Fluke stuff? 

21 comments:

  1. If something so horrible happened to Luke when he was little, it could explain all those times he just disappeared in his life. It could also explain the rape. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, thanks for the great SS. You said so much of what I would say, especially, "Why didn't Nik mention Monica" when speaking of Jake/Jason?

    I feel that the Fluke/Luke story will make some kind of sense if they work hard to explain it going back (how many years has he been "split"?), and going forward into the older back story (what happened on Elm St.?).

    As for Helena spilling the secrets, I think she just was complying with the terms of her release, which were to tell all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did anyone see my earlier comment about MB's movie? No one responded :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the Fluke endgame is plausible, if anti-climactic. It also lets Tracy off the hook for sleeping with this guy who actually is Luke and not an imposter. TG really had the performance of the week to me when Luke finally reappeared. The men without shirts is getting to be a bit ridiculous. Why wouldn't Julian not have a hospital gown on and did Nathan really have to take his shirt off at Kelly's? I didn't watch OLTL so the final scene with Franco and Kiki didn't mean much to me but it seemed a clever way to send her off. I wish they were both going, though. No one likes Franco. Cutest babies ever on GH! And so happy Anna is back! Sonny's dye job was so obvious but he doesn't look bad with a beard.
    LindaV

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joan, just read it. I did a piece on the movie about 6 months ago and mentioned it a lot on twitter. It was a small independent film..and I think it made it to Palm Springs Flim Fest? Wasn't available in many areas. Did you see it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What made me happy this week was the fact that it was just plain, old fashioned story telling. No mob, no lame mobsters, no incompetent police.

    I'm lovin GH right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. EVERYTHING bad Luke's done- rape, hitman killingsm redshirt killings, Jake WILL be blamed on Fluke.

    Best scene of the week- Spencer and Helena dancing. Connie still has great gams.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LSV422, your comment about no one liking Franco is wrong. I love Franco and I know a lot of other people who do too. Please don't speak for the entire audience because everybody has their likes and dislikes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, you are the first and only person I have seen who likes Franco so to each his own.
    LindaV

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with Cosmo on the scene of the week being Helena and Spencer dancing. That had to be a ton of fun for Connie and the adorable kid who plays Spencer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Karen, didn't see the film, just found out about it yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to admit I'm more than a bit over TG, but I'll give it up for Friday's show. Here is the thing...IF Fluke raped Laura, then no way this story is worth crap without Genie Francis coming back and I really think TG doesn't want her to. Hence why I'm over him. I agree about the no mention of Monica. WTF? BUT MY BIGGEST PET PEAVE...why does NO ONE ever mention what Helena did to Lesley? They list off all the things she did except the worst one. Trying to kill Lesley and keeping her drugged for years. She lost everything, dang it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree about Lesley!!! It was Helena who ordered her death in 1984! I so wanted Lesley to walk in when Spencer was dancing with Helena and let her have it! #greatgrandmothershowdown

      Delete
  13. Also loved the Maxie/Lulu scenes with the babies. The Todd/Starr goodbye was amazing (I did watch OLTL) And I've come to like Franco now that he's with Nina.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LSV, you have to understand that for many of us, Roger H is a lovable, funny, talented actor who has been around a long time and has a great many fans. Yes, I watched OLTL off and on, but I didn't watch the other soap he was on so many years. He isn't a newcomer by any means. As Todd he started very creepy, but I caught him later when he was becoming human and enjoyable. I was SO disapointed when they made him Franco, Franco being a character (and actor) I detested. But Roger is worth watching, regardless his name.

    I do not think Fluke was who raped Laura, no, no and no. Luke was madly in love with her, obsessed with her, and facing his own death at the time. He was alone with her and knew he would never have her or a life with her. The scenes following the rape where he was so devasted by what he had done, weeping into a pillow, hating himself, and later taking Laura flowers and her behaving as if it didn't happen, and then her never being afraid of him...no that wasn't Fluke. Just reading that Luke raped Laura years ago doesn't begin to tell that story--you had to see it. They had to heal each other because both were in pain. The cold cruelty of Fluke wasn't in that story.

    I feel this DID is recent, maybe a couple or 3 years where he would go away when he felt it coming on. It may be why he broke up with Laura. But the utter viciousness of it had to be more recent.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for saying that, soaplover. Franco was a character most GH fans detested. I never watched OLTL and even if I had it would not change my opinion of Franco. Roger may be a good actor but that can't redeem the character they've made him play. He also tends to play the clown and that's not who Franco was. Playing him that way doesn't make it so. I will never like him as Franco. They should have brought Roger back as someone else.

    I also can't believe that there hasn't been one mention of Monica.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I also noticed the glaring omission of Monica's name, in the list of Jason's relatives. For shame!

    Just piping up as one who likes Franco. :) I'm so glad he's NOT with Carly, anymore. I began watching GH only last spring, so never saw the first incarnation, so RH's Franco is the only one I know. I like his humor, I like him with crazy Nina, so I look forward to the unfolding of that relationship.

    So happy with the scenes with Tracy and FINALLY, real Luke, on Friday. So moving, so well acted, both TG and JE. Poor Luke!

    But I'm relieved that Tracy won't need the years of therapy I thought she'd need, as a result of this impostor fiend. (but who ever gets help of that sort, in PC, anyway? Ha!) :) Although the fall-out from that could have made for some good character-centric SL, seeing how both L. and T. might cope, together and separately, after the truth came to light.

    I've been living with the dread of a possible Luke/Tracy (LuNacy? LOL) break up, once Luke was home, if he blamed her for any of this...for not recognizing that Fluke wasn't him. I'm glad it won't go in that direction; i'd have been heartbroken.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do not think Fluke was who raped Laura, no, no and no. Luke was madly in love with her, obsessed with her, and facing his own death at the time. He was alone with her and knew he would never have her or a life with her. The scenes following the rape where he was so devasted by what he had done, weeping into a pillow, hating himself, and later taking Laura flowers and her behaving as if it didn't happen, and then her never being afraid of him...no that wasn't Fluke. Just reading that Luke raped Laura years ago doesn't begin to tell that story--you had to see it. They had to heal each other because both were in pain. The cold cruelty of Fluke wasn't in that story.

    Oh my God. I've read so much BS over how Luke didn't mean to rape Laura, Luke the accidental rapist.

    I saw that episode. He pulled her down and wanted her. She screamed the whole time.

    It was not love, not catharsis- it was brutal and violent, from a borderline sociopath, and that was LONG b4 this Fluke sheeze.

    Soaplover, you shd be ashamed to peddle such tripe to younger viewers for in any way diminishing the brutal act that LUKE commited on Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  18. "Lulu almost breaks Hellzba's arm!"

    Hahahahaha. No kidding! :)

    "I will talk about this scene in detail down in the scene of the week. This is why I watch soaps. Wow.. history was used to a "T". Yes, it was OLTL history but a fine, wonderful send off for two characters I've loved since Kristen Alderson was about 5. RH gave such a perfect-pitched performance I got all teary. Kudos to the writers and the actors for this little gem."

    Yes! I loved it!!!! It was perfect!! I loved OLTL! :(

    ReplyDelete
  19. I thought Friday's episode was really good. I just hope they aren't going to rewrite the last 30+ years of GH with this Fluke/Luke story. I was amazed Nikolas didn't include Monica in his list of people who loved Jason. He started with "Sonny"!!This is Jason's mother, she should be the first name mentioned along with Sam since she was his wife. Not Sonny! And no Monica at the party for the A.J. clinic made no sense.

    The custody thing bugs me because Sonny wouldn't be on the birth certificate and never took a paternity test as far as we know. I'm not advocating keeping a child from its parent but this is a soap so you never know if the writers had something up their sleeve regarding Sonny or Morgan being the baby's father. I was surprised Kiki never mentioned it and just handed the baby over to Sonny. I guess this is so when Ava resurfaces she'll find her baby with Sonny.

    ReplyDelete

  Joss is shocked that Dex almost killed Cyrus. Nina leaves. Dex explains he did try to talk Sonny out of it but Sonny was insistent. He wen...