Sunday, September 11, 2016

Sunday Surgery: Blood Type: Webber

I could be a firefighter...or a pop star..or or OH! I know... maybe a Choo-Choo Train Driver! 

Mania... Lost Embryos.. a wedding...Coffee--lots and lots of coffee and those snazzy shoes in the photo. This week's GH didn't match last week's for entertainment, that's for sure. Even with Robert on I felt like things were just plain tossed up in the air and snipped on the editing room floor. 

I'm having company from Australia all week--so who knows when I'll be able to get on. They are hubby's cousins. We are even going to let them get used to driving before they go to Boston (we did warn against that but ..??)   I guess we'll fire up the barbie and get something on to grill! 


Let's get this over with, shall we? THIS RIGHT HERE belongs in the Wubs Hall of "I can't deal with this crap" Fame. COME ON. Having Robert basically fall all over Sonny because he 'helped Anna' made my stomach flop.  Robert hates Sonny-- he and Mac were right up there with Taggart in that regard. Welp. Now, everyone is all pals and toasting Justice for Duke.  Bleck.


JaSam Wedding:  I know JaSammers loved it but I found it all a bit dull. Yes, there was family there but glaring omissions as well. Josslyn? Morgan? Brucas? They didn't even mention her half brother...but hey. You know, GH.  The kids were cute about the cake. It was strange how the Davis girls just disappeared when JaSam announced to Sonny and Carly about the baby. They had already gone (with Michael) and no one said a word. POOF! Great editing. NOT.


Explosion of the Spleen:  CODE BLUE! Spleen Explosion hits Elizabeth!! Not that anyone but us noticed she was in horrific pain all week. NOPE.  Oh, and...no one told Jake she was even hurt. Franco tried to get Jason who ignored his calls. When Jason DID find out--he was mad no one told him. Grrrrrr.  The fact that Liz passed out and needed surgery pissed off the JaSam fans to no end. The first honeymoon was marred by Franco's evil plan and now this!! Geesh Louise!! 


Jake and Jason. I suppose I should be grateful he talked with the kid--but so glaring that it was just him. Not too long ago he was going to be a Dad to 'all of Liz' boys'. I don't know, just makes me mad that they are never around. It was a cute scene though-- so I'll shut up. 


Franco has to tell Hayden she and Liz share the same blood type. He doesn't tell her why however, because their convo is soapy-interrupted 8 times by other characters. Curtis and Finn worked to get her off the hook by exposing the real killer's SHOES!! Yes---Paul's shoes! Paul freaks when he sees the photo but in the end realizes he can't keep her in jail.  Oh, by the way, Hayden is going to make Franco do something for her before she'll give blood. You think find the diamonds? 


The NeverEnding EGG Story: OMG..enough already. We've had to endure this egg business for how many years? Then the whole Rocco thing, and Maxie with the thought to be embryo but really had Georgie? *sigh* Ok, whatever. Let's try for another baby. Who, by the way, I'm sure will be Jake's age, named Athena and hosted by none other than character we don't need #33, Daphne. 
How about showing Olivia and Leo? Or even Rocco for that matter? He got more airtime when he was the drawer baby in the loft! 

Morgan's Medication Mess: Oh Morgan. He got the wrong hats, had a fit and then went home to mope. Wonder if he got any wedding cake? Anyway, he talks to Nellie (who's now Carly's assistant) and gets the idea he wants to go back to college for business. It's a typical Morgan mania. Sonny thinks Ava's up to no good, which she is.  I don't have a screen cap of Morgan freaking out but he was high on life baby. HIGH on LIFE! 


GLARING MISTAKE OF THE WEEK: Franco walks into the park at the beginning of the show and then at the end, turns up to Elizabeth's room with an 'epiphany' to tell her the truth. How did he come to this conclusion? Why, in a little deleted scene with Nina. It was very confusing to watch. 



PROP OF THE WEEK/WARDROBE: Paul's circa 1940's wing tip shoes! 


FACE OF THE WEEK:  Paul told Ava to keep her 'big mouth shut" LOL 


FACE OF DOOM OF THE WEEK: OH, Sabrina....wrong place, wrong time. You get your job back and...... um...serial killer. 


I know I've left some things out.  BUT--sorry, it was my first week back to work and it was spotty watching. I also didn't get the same vibe as the week before. I'm looking forward to the Hayden/Liz thing because I love Michael Easton and Roger riffing off each other. Do I want a Jeff Webber recast? Ugh... I mean I GET IT. but damn SO MANY people! I take it Kevin's out while Genie is off? Lucy's disappeared again. Brucas is gone, Bobbie's watching Avery so she's never going to be on!  
Like I said I have guests coming from down under :) so I probably can't be on much. We'll see. I also have a full week of work. I can't take off because it's the start of the year.
Keep it clean! 
Have a good one. 



I do have to acknowledge 9/11. We've visited all the memorials and Shanksville PA is by far the most moving. Such heroes. The Twin Tower museum/memorial is also amazing--and huge.  I flew to France 12 days after and the towers were still smoldering.  Never Forget. 

8 comments:

  1. I was away Thursday and Friday, and pretty much fast forwarded thru Thursday this morning. I can't even be bothered with Friday's show. There just aren't any stories now that interest me. And the thought that Julian is ultimately going to get off is really annoying me.
    Does this mean Paul will also get off eventually? This is the show where everyone gets away with murder. (And even if convicted, the murderer conveniently gets pardoned by the governor of the state.)
    I really miss the show I used to love and look forward to. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They dont all get away with it or pardoned. Steven Lars, Matt, Sean, and Blackie are all still presumably behind bars. I'd like to see those four return and Sonny, Jason, Ava, and Julian behind bars.
    Yhe quad being set up between Franco, Liz, Hayden, and Slas has me somewhat interested. I do think it would be much better however if RB was playing Sarah Webber, RH was a long lost Quartermaine, and it was Nicholas instead of Silas. Liz, Nicholas, Sarah, Quartermaine quad.
    As to who should play Jeff Webber, if RH, ME, and KA could play multiple characters on GH would not bring back Brad Maule as Jeff Webber?

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I could be a firefighter...or a pop star..or or OH! I know... maybe a Choo-Choo Train Driver!"

    ROFL! Or go to college! Or marry Kiwi!!!!

    "GLARING MISTAKE OF THE WEEK: Franco walks into the park at the beginning of the show and then at the end, turns up to Elizabeth's room with an 'epiphany' to tell her the truth. How did he come to this conclusion? Why, in a little deleted scene with Nina. It was very confusing to watch."

    Yeah on the guide on my tv it said he and Nina talk. So when that didn't happen, I was confused. Why did they delete that scene?

    "PROP OF THE WEEK/WARDROBE: Paul's circa 1940's wing tip shoes!"

    ROFL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frisogh, although it is true that the characters you listed are still all presumably in prison, it has been a long time since someone on the show was sent to prison and stayed. The last one was either Matt or Steven Lars, and while that was fairly recent, it was centuries by soap timing.
    And Blackie. Wow. That was wayyyyyy long ago. Blackie. Those were the days.
    I think I would like the quad of Hayden, Finn, Franco and Liz better with a different actress playing Hayden. I have never liked Rebecca Budig, dating back to the AMC days.
    Why couldn't Richard Dean Anderson come back as Jeff Webber? Is he ill, or is something else preventing it? I would get a kick out of THAT. Even if he doesn't look good any more, so what? Neither do I. Hee hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I call bullshit on Anna not coming home for Julian's trial. Really?????

    ReplyDelete
  6. friscogh said...

    They dont all get away with it or pardoned. Steven Lars, Matt, Sean, and Blackie are all still presumably behind bars

    Blackie is out, at least of a couple years ago. He had been scheduled to play at the Nurses Ball, but "canceled" at the last minute.

    As to who should play Jeff Webber, if RH, ME, and KA could play multiple characters on GH would not bring back Brad Maule as Jeff Webber?

    Last I knew he moved back to his home state of Texas. He was hosting a show on local Texas music acts on Blue Highways TV. But, when Charter bought out Bresnan here and switched all of the channels to their feed a couple of years ago, I lost the channel, so dunno if he's still doing so, or not. But, he had definitely settled back in there.

    ishouldreadmore said...

    Why couldn't Richard Dean Anderson come back as Jeff Webber? Is he ill, or is something else preventing it? I would get a kick out of THAT. Even if he doesn't look good any more, so what? Neither do I. Hee hee hee

    This is just my guess, but I'm thinking more than likely it's because of money. I would LOVE to see him back too! That would be fantastic! Unfortunately, with the microscopic budget the show has these days, I just don't think they could afford him, sadly. ;(

    K.



    ReplyDelete
  7. Damn it! ROBERT BY GOD SCORPIO WOULD NEVER PAL AROUND WITH SONNY AND TOAST DRINKS, ESPECIALLY IN MEMORY OF DUKE LAVERY. He can't stand either of them! SOB SOB!!!! I am SUPER PISSED AGAIN
    OldSchoolGHfan

    ReplyDelete
  8. "friscogh said... They dont all get away with it or pardoned. Steven Lars, Matt, Sean, and Blackie are all still presumably behind bars."

    Blackie was out of jail a long time ago! :)

    ReplyDelete

  Joss is shocked that Dex almost killed Cyrus. Nina leaves. Dex explains he did try to talk Sonny out of it but Sonny was insistent. He wen...