Oh, friends. It's so hard to do this blog week after week. (I think you probably guessed that by now LOL)
HEY-- Nina wakes up and people going orgasmic over Michelle Stafford coming to the show. Me? Since I don't know her, I'm in the camp of "Enough Already".. Then again, I am happy with the addition of Maura West so I could save my opinion until I see how this unfolds.
But..come on, what would be the fun in that?
Sunday is here...and let's dive on into things...especially those Emmy nods that seem to have eluded GH. I'm ready to roll...
I didn't watch the show in real time 2x this week because of work and other commitments. Did I miss it? Naw. I just watched and FF a lot.
First lets talk about the Emmy snubs. There are FOUR soaps on air. There are FOUR noms for Best Drama.
Um... no, GH didn't get in that category. OLTL did. The net series that yes, was "inventive" but by no means lit the genre on fire and was cancelled pretty fast. Pair that with the fact that Cartini used to "be" that show when it was on air, and well, you've got something going on in the inner workings of political daytime. (if there IS such a thing!! LOL). Some say this is due to GH submitting a Nurses Ball eppy as their Emmy reel. Well, perhaps. But last year was the "resurgence" of GH--especially with the 50th anniversary going on. Vets came back, ratings went up. Recognition of that should have been there. Not to mention they do write some great day to day dialog. And, no, GH didn't get it for writing OR direction either. :shaking head:. As much as I bitch about the show, I do recognize that they do put out a damn fine "looking" show. Something's going on. I'm sure Prospect Park is just loving life right now. As a fan of GH though, I'm disappointed in things.
Not that I've ever understood the Emmys. Years that I thought GH should lose, they won for writing. And the actors categories?? Forget about it. While I'm thrilled Jane got a nod, I'm stunned that Finola did not. Her Anna is remarkable--EVERY SINGLE DAY. She can take a crummy, boring scene and transform it. Last year had some of her finest work. GH has some of the best actreses in the biz and didn't get ONE nod in the leading actress category. Puzzling. Great to see Dom Z finally get on the list.
Ok, let's dive into last week's show.. and what I'm going to do is just write off the top of my head the things that stood out. (Usually I look through all the still photos and go from Mon-Friday). This should be telling.
1. Gatekeepers: Ned and Alexis. Sublime. I love WK and NLG together. SO natural, charming..fun. They were just wonderful together. LOVED their Kelly's scene.
2. Egg-A-Licious: Lante got that egg back. Dr.O got an ankle bracelet. I got a headache.
3. Maxie and Levi: Upside? Well, she got out of the apartment. Downside? Levi came with her. The Mac freak-out was Spinelli worthy. You know, as in I've SEEN THIS BEFORE. I'm sure he's some part of some scam. Yawn.
4. Patrina-- The baby story is sad-- and I really like Felix with Sabby right now. Patrick talking to Robin? yeah..whatever. We get it, she's not coming home. He wonders if he should tell Sam about St. Jasus. BTW, yes, there are giant rumors that Jason will be recast by summer. I don't know, and actually, don't really care. I thought Jason being dead for real was a good and actually, UNIQUE idea. As in, no one is ever really dead. I haven't missed the "character" of "enforcer" at all.
6. Nina wakes up. My true feelings on this whole story is that it feels like a whole 'nother show. Yes, they tied in Donna Mills to Dr. O...but it's taken so long to unfold..makes so little sense that when it comes on I'm like, don't care. Silas and Sam were on 'vacation' for awhile--now I guess they'll be back front and center. Maura West will be off--and Michelle will be on. Yada yada YADA.
6. Random Lucy scenes. Yep..that's what they are. Random. Scott was in there, yelling. Kevin had a hugging scene. And.......well, that was that. BTW, you COULD put her in some Luke scenes. They did have a big history together. She could knock some sense into Tracy.
7. Wanna know why I don't give a crap about TJ, Shaun and this chick? THERE ARE TOO MANY CHARACTERS ON THE SHOW--ergo, when these people are on for a smattering of scenes. I DON'T INVEST IN THEM. At. All. Is Jordan really an undercover narc? Who cares. Is Shaun TJ's real Dad? Not on enough for me to really want to bother.
AND I SAY for the UMPTEENTH TIME:
THERE ARE TOO MANY CHARACTERS ON THIS SHOW!
(yes, I yelled that into cyberspace)
8. On to Franco and Carly. Isolation of these two is pretty funny. Now they are "on the Ava case". Why aren't Anna and Duke figuring things out? After all, he works for Sonny, she's on the PCPD...why not have THEM find AJ's phone? I don't get it. I guess Carly and Todd need something to do.
9. Carrrrrrrrrlos. Oh, my CARLOS. He's an old school dashing bad-man that loves his fragile innocent woman SO MUCH that he's going to go to jail forever to protect her!! WITH a Latin accent and LONG HAIR no less. You 70s teens will get that connection. Pure S-E-X. LOL. Now he's 'going away" #FREECARLOS !!!
10. I don't know all else that happened, and I don't think it matters? There were Morgan scenes with Sonny on Monday, but he didn't end up spilling to Olivia--so?? And BTW, how stupid did they make HER in that whole scene? Um.. she's smarter than that. Morgan all but TOLD her what went down. Oy.
Will Julian shoot Ava? Come on. She's going on a break. Probably going to get a new dress and play casino on "the island". We know the drill!
SCENE OF THE WEEK: I rarely give it up for Ol' Betty but I really felt for her in this "I need to be with my baby" scene with Felix. Maybe cause I'm a mom and I know I'd be clawing at people's faces to get out of that bed too. I liked the way it was played and I really like Felix and her relationship. Very good--real...and since we saw their friendship grow on the show, it didn't feel randomly inserted.
PROP of the WEEK: Ava's earring. Kiki finds it in the crypt. Didn't really connect the dots but there it is.
FACE OF THE WEEK: Brit Finds out Nate is her brother. Is she shocked, or going to throw up?
So, there you have it. When do you think Nina's going to show up again? It IS May sweeps so many sooner rather than later. The Ball begins next week as well. It's still pretty chilly/rainy here. We are getting NO SPRING!
YEP..gotta say it Happy May 4th. My brother had that poster--too bad he didn't keep it, we may have had some money there!!
**PS Bonus Points if you can figure out the title of this week's blog (Semi Colon)