That's right!! Soapy Fans got together and took out a full page ad in the Hollywood Reporter to plea for the genre to be saved.
It reads in part:
“This is our appeal to save not only the jobs of those employed by All My Children and One Life to Live, but to also keep the soap genre from becoming extinct,” the letter begins. “Both All My Children and One Life to Live have been a part of our lives for over 40 years; this is not something that can be said for many programs on television today. The type of fierce loyalty that comes from watching a show for so long is not something that is easily replicated."
I personally would have included a cartoon of Frons with Soap in his Mouth :) heh.
Remember the rally in NYC LINCOLN Center on May 17th!!
General Hospital Recaps, News and Fun! FB: Wubs Net/ Bluesky: GHwubsnet and Twitter Wubsnet
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You Look Familiar - 2026 Edition
Back in 2019, I did a filler blog titled "You Look Familiar". It featured Verne Watson and John Ingle. I knew that both of them ha...
-
Laura's "Drew Face" It's perfection! I got Seven vibes with the whole BOX situation!! On Friday, all of use were ye...
-
BRITT SAYS: it's green jello day in the cafe today... Franco prancing around in the showers--- Felix in a towel. Tranco asks him for ...
-
Another summer week, another lack-luster showing from GH. Sorry but I'm just not feeling it at ALL this quarter. With lack-luster newb...

Hey Karen and everyone! Check this out! What Billy Warlock said about soaps! Go to 2:32. I agree with him! WOOT WOOT GO BILLY GO!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYJb_nO4BOE&feature=player_embedded