Sunday, October 15, 2017

Sunday Surgery: Gopher It



Killy Media Empire 

Chris' name is in the credits! YEAH!!  There's hope people--- let's see  what happens for this reset.  GH was pretty good towards the end of the week for me.  I'm still feeling like there are way too many things going on and the editing is atrocious but I'm hanging in. Are you?? 

I am having pretzels and peanut butter? Why? Not sure but I loves them!






You're too old for my daughter...
Haven't you been with like way older men before? 
Um..well, I'm not talking about me!! 
Exactly my point, we are moving.
Where!!??
Portlandia! 

Yeah..MOM and I'm buying big glasses and we're opening an organic coffee shop! 
Oh Kristina. My poor baby.



These two get engaged at Kelly's over crayons but Laura is holding out for an old-school one.  Dare I hope for a fun wedding?  Carrying Crayons in a bouquet. 



So, I missed the last five years and you tell me Games of Thrones is ending next season ? What else?? Like what ? Next you'll tell me that some weird guy is president and DiCaprio won an Oscar! Now, put my favorite musicians Bowe and Frye and let me watch my man Robin Williams in his new movie. Oh, and do you have something I can check my MySpace on? 



Now...Griffin, it's been a long time since you've been out to sea-- and some things have changed. Captain Steubing has retired and....Julie we'll she's been in rehab for a long long time. 
But, Father Gopher, I haven't been on a ship in..years! I've been a doctor!
That doesn't matter, just think about it...and whatever you do...don't have sex with any tarts.




Well, that was....um..
But..but I'm a priest! 
No..you're a doctor!
But they are saying I'm still a priest! So... that's why it wasn't...
Let's not talk about it ok? 
And It's COLD in here! 



Can you smell it, Carly? 
What Sonny?
My pain...can you smell my pain?? 




So...we're all cool now? 
Um..wait, Franco.. I don't think ...
Yeah, we're cool.
Cool. 
I'm going to go play the lottery because..um...



To Morgan!
Morgan! 
Yeah, to Morgan!!! 
Why do we have these hats? 
Was he a trucker? 
Nope...but.. whatever!
TO MORGAN! 
Now, let's all go cry and plan next month's memorial. I already miss talking about him so much!



You want to go for a walk, pretty lady? 
Well, okay I guess...where to? 
Oh...over there on the foggy pier--with the spooky music ...
Ok, let me grab my coat
Heh heh heh...



Well...my work here is done!



Yeah, so you got out bid, out voted, out landed and every other outted...so..bye



Wait, the media company is going to two complete num-nods who know NOTHING about the business and probably should be running a bike shop on Otis Avenue!?? Seriously? 



CLICK: Oh honey, there are new writers in town...so buckle up. 

 I think this story might have potential. I didn't see it coming. Sam did have that TV "Everyday Heroes" eons ago and, who knows? Maybe Drew ran Helena's PR company for awhile? It's going to bring them into the Nina/Val fold. Maybe Maxie will be Nina's boss. Maybe Sam will have her do an all out "comfy yoga gear' issue? Sure, Lucy would have been a good choice but I can live with this. I hope the story is a goodie. Oh, and Jason Miller spent Jason Burton's money. Heh. 



They got rid of McRibs? 


NEW INFORMATION 

Valentin kissed Jessica Tuck's character Cassandra! WOOT..I'm glad he's still a slime bucket! And a jewel thief. Nelle caught them and took a photo. Always good to have blackmail at the ready. YOUNGER SET 

Michael found out Nelle won a medal in swimming!! So much for, "I didn't swim well enough to save my hubby...".  Why can't Spinelli team up with Curtis in the Curspelli PI Co? 


Finn and Anna have to act like lovers to fool Cassandra? They are playing very well off each other. The whole Anna's obsession with this has to be fleshed out better though. Also, since Griffin is off, Finn better get to work. Franco is the only guy that's showing up at GH lately! 


Is Lexi Ainsworth really leaving GH? I think it's because she was on a prime time show (Major Crimes, TNT)  for like 4 episodes but it was canned so?? Maybe she'll move back home. GH needs it's and I need my dream of Vissy. 

* Get the title? Gopher It...?? as in?? Griffin..just Gopher it? 

MY NEW IDEA: 

Alexis moves into Kate's house because she and Sonny would be awesome neighbors. Sonny could take walks outside and Alexis could be "gardening". Have some nice deep talks.  Just a thought! 




Ok! Hope your weekend was a good one. I'm fine--feeling good and all that jazz. I think I am going to Roger and Michael Easton's event in Syracuse in November. I'll be at Cady McCain's film opening in Rochester at the High Falls fest at the end of October. (with Alberta).  

37 comments:

  1. Hahahahahaha Karen this was funny. :) Also I am glad you are okay. :)

    "Killy Media Empire"

    ROFL!

    "Now...Griffin, it's been a long time since you've been out to sea-- and some things have changed. Captain Steubing has retired and....Julie we'll she's been in rehab for a long long time.
    But, Father Gopher, I haven't been on a ship in..years! I've been a doctor!
    That doesn't matter, just think about it...and whatever you do...don't have sex with any tarts."

    I want Father Gopher back!!!!!! I hope we see him again.


    "To Morgan!
    Morgan!
    Yeah, to Morgan!!!
    Why do we have these hats?
    Was he a trucker?
    Nope...but.. whatever!
    TO MORGAN!
    Now, let's all go cry and plan next month's memorial. I already miss talking about him so much!"

    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA! Love it!!! :)

    "GH needs it's and I need my dream of Vissy."

    I want Vissy dammit!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen,so happy you are feeling fine, thanks for a superb SS! Val and Janelle at war with each other could be good! However, I don't think that Val kissed Cassandra, it looked to me like she grabbed his face and kissed him, he didn't look like a willing participant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. She did grab him. But I think all Nelle saw was the kiss. Guess we'll find out Monday or next time they air....

      Delete
  3. eons ago burtn had a hand of cards in front of him. why couldnt it have been the dead mans hand on the table as a nod to sam

    also..

    i secretly wished griffin was not a priest or a doctor. that he pretended to be both like in the movie catch me if you can and we find out he is something totally different and pretending to be all these professions for a reason.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! The crayons, first thing I saw after he proposed! The Burton stuff was funny!! The Gopher it was knee slap worthy! I forgot about Nelle winning that medal, wonder how she's gonna explain that away...I loved Finns face the other day when Anna lied to Cassandra and told her they were partners, dating or whatever. I love the photo of Jasam at the top. Glad the that Chris name is showing up. Hope it gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeh, I forgot to ask, when did Sam have that tv show?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam had a talk show everyday heroes after the metrocourt hostage crisis.

      Delete
  6. The "weird" guy left office on Jan. 20th. Thank GOD!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Ava/griffin storyline makes me not want to watch. I enjoy the Laura/Kevin scenes. I remember when genie tweeted who should be Laura’s new love interest. Writers did nail that one. So I Cassandra and ex wife of valentine? Or just a fellow thief. ��

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michelle, I agree, Janelle saw the kiss, now she can use it for blackmail.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michelle, This is not a criticism, just a request. Sometimes when you comment I can't tell what you are responding to. If yours ends up not being the next post after what you are referring to, then I sometimes don't know what you mean. I do want to follow what you say, so maybe just start with the name of the person you are responding to? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry, but I am happy to see Krissy and Parker go away. Ava and Griffin have no chemistry at all. I do love your idea about some characters living in a brownstone together with intertwining stories. Maybe new writers will pick up on that. Oh right, no one...including police, ever uncovered the fact that Nelle was a medal winning swimmer. Figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zazu:I couldn't agree more. I wouldn't shed a tear if Kristina and Parker didn't come back. She's a brat and I've never cared for the Parker character. I think though that Ava has chemistry with pretty much every male character, except Sonny, but then again I can't stand him, so that's probably why. LOL! I like the brownstone idea, we all do but the writers haven't picked up on that. Yeh I'm surprised Flea with her PI skills didn't pick up on that, but again the writers make it up as they go along.

      Delete
  11. DAVE~~~~!! awesome idea about the scammming with Dr. Griffin!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Karen! I wish there was some weird guy in the WH instead of a racist, misogynistic sexual predator. I loved the pic with the Mc Rib caption.

    ReplyDelete
  13. why are politics a part of a soap opera blog site? I just wish it was a place to escape, but that's asking too much i guess. perhaps that's why disneyland is the happiest place on earth.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a longtime reader of this site as well as a fan of GH since 1980.
    Please leave politics off this site.
    I am respectful of others views but am also a strong supporter of President Trump.
    Can we just talk about GH please?
    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. OK, further comments about Parker and Krissy. As others have said, age differences have come up before (Ava and Morgan?), and that alone is not horrible. I guess it is because Parker was Krissy's professor, also, IT IS THE WAY PARKER SPEAKS TO HER. The way she calls her sweety and honey is NOT like how you would address your girlfriend, but how you would address your child, niece, student, etc. I have said this here before, Parker treats Krissy like a child, that it what makes it so icky.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Guys,
    There haven't been politics on this site since I can remember until gap723 21 introduced them. I don't post here very often, but I do read and enjoy regularly. I have had to bite my tongue to resist saying something regarding these political posts. If everyone would just refrain from responding to any and all things other than General Hospital these posters would go away - it's really no fun being ignored. Please don't make the blog master do all the policing of the site, help. Thanks to all.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  17. Blogger shirleedee said...
    Hi Guys,
    There haven't been politics on this site since I can remember until gap723 21 introduced them. I don't post here very often, but I do read and enjoy regularly. I have had to bite my tongue to resist saying something regarding these political posts. If everyone would just refrain from responding to any and all things other than General Hospital these posters would go away - it's really no fun being ignored. Please don't make the blog master do all the policing of the site, help. Thanks to all.
    Shirley

    Shirley, I recommend that you get your facts straight (or else stop lying). I DID NOT introduce politics into this blog. Your blog host did and I responded in kind. Opinions work two ways you know. It's no longer one-sided. I support Trump and admire that he's trying to correct the damage that was done by BHo. Got it?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you shirleedee for saying it about the political posts on this site. I support Trump too and I am tired of the pot shots.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What Karen said was, " . . . some weird guy was president . . ." You gotta admit that if you disappeared for five years, with no news, no tv or radio, and you came back and saw that someone who was basically a game show host or that you might not have heard of was president, you might have a similar reaction. I don't see Karen's comment as political. Just one reaction to all the changes that had taken place. It was just part of a humorous reaction piece.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Unfortunately ishouldreadmore, that's not entirely correct. I respect our blog host, but there have been many instances of political comments such as "sobbing" for President Obama and "you know who" (won't say current President's name) "cutting into the show. "There are plenty more. Look I respect our blog just looking for GH insight and fun. Escape. I do enjoy this site and everyone's take on GH.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Michelle Latta said...

    Oh yeh, I forgot to ask, when did Sam have that tv show?

    ** I completely erased it's existence from my memory until someone brought it up. Which makes sense, since I've never liked Sam. And I vehemently HATED the storyline that it sprung from. Primarily for killing off Alan. I also never liked the way they pretty much turned Jerry Jacks into a completely different person. (pun NOT intended) That said, I think Sebastian Roche is a fantastic actor, and had seen him in several other things before he took over the role. But, I really didn't like what they did with the character then;

    K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha K! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who's memory it was erased from.

      Delete
  22. Re the political comments. This is a GH blog, that is true. But it is Karen's blog, not ours. She obviously is a liberal, and, although she is on no soapbox, her feelings about current events sometimes come through.

    I believe that Karen should be able to have free speech on her own blog. This is a blog about GH written by someone with liberal politics. Why should Karen have to hide that? She is doing us a service by writing this blog, there is no law that her true feelings and opinions can never come through.

    If readers are offended by her occasional comments, they don't have to read this blog. Of course they are welcome here, but if you don't like the politics of the host and it is so disturbing and shocking, you don't have to follow her. And, if you do, you shouldn't be shocked and disturbed if her occasional feelings about things other than GH come through.

    If you read the papers or watch the news, you know that some media outlets are liberal, some right-wing, etc. Are you shocked if The New York Times has a liberal op-ed piece? No, you expect it. And you don't have to read it.

    I believe that it is wrong to try to censor Karen, or to object or insult her if she makes a comment. IT IS HER BLOG. She is who she is, and she says what she says. AND SHE IS ALLOWED TO SAY IT. She does all of the hard work, we just follow. And we get to choose who and what we follow.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You missed the point.
    There are all kinds of different opinions and viewpoints and all should be respected.
    When I want to listen to the news, I hear them all to gain insight.
    But this is a blog about GH!
    If Karen is so passionate about her liberal views that she can't stay on GH, then she alienates and offends those of us who differ.
    Sadly this is the state of our. Country today.
    I will be tuning out. Thanks for the thoughtful discussion.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Karen DOES stay on GH, but sometimes her viewpoint does slip through. She is human. If you are hired to do a job by someone else, then you have to follow the rules of whoever hired you. If it is YOUR blog, then YOU make the rules. And, yes, sometimes something might alienate and offend someone. And if that person then walks away, that is their choice. It is STILL a free country.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I just addressed these points. You have no idea how hard I try NOT to push my bias on here. I'm glad most of you don't follow me on twitter because I unleash there.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh and PS. I don't get paid to do this blog. I've been doing this since 2002...free, just because I watch GH and am a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I say good riddance to those who don't like what is written on the blog. It is Karen's to do with as she pleases and those who can't handle it can go to Soapzone or somewhere else. No one is forcing you to read what is on here if you feel it compromises your political beliefs. At least show Karen some respect for writing 99% about GH for so long.
    LindaV

    ReplyDelete
  28. kdmask said...

    I just addressed these points. You have no idea how hard I try NOT to push my bias on here. I'm glad most of you don't follow me on twitter because I unleash there.

    ** You've done a fantastic job with the blog Karen, and it's VERY much appreciated! And I completely understand. I've tried to make a very conscious effort to avoid saying anything at all political, around here. We're living in an extremely politically divisive time, right now, it just seems to flow over into just about everything these days,'

    K

    ReplyDelete
  29. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  30. LSV422 said...

    I say good riddance to those who don't like what is written on the blog. It is Karen's to do with as she pleases and those who can't handle it can go to Soapzone or somewhere else. No one is forcing you to read what is on here if you feel it compromises your political beliefs. At least show Karen some respect for writing 99% about GH for so long.

    LindaV

    ** I agree wholeheartedly!

    K

    ReplyDelete
  31. Michelle Latta said...

    Haha K! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who's memory it was erased from.

    ** Yeah, apparently one of my sanity self-defense mechanisms kicked in!

    ReplyDelete

  Joss is shocked that Dex almost killed Cyrus. Nina leaves. Dex explains he did try to talk Sonny out of it but Sonny was insistent. He wen...