Monday, October 16, 2017

Politics Aside...




Ok, I've read the comments about politics on this blog and I had to come out and say some things. First of all, I said NOTHING during the election that I can remember that went either way. I learned my lesson during the Iraq war and those years when I was VERY vocal about how I was feeling.  I am trying my hardest to make this a place that's fun to escape the world from. Unfortunately, sometimes the world intrudes and we talk about it (Puerto Rico, Vegas) in (my) hopes to bring us together. 

Most of you know I did go to the Women's March on Washington, and I am a huge proponent of gay and all civil rights. I do  NOT try to push any agenda here. My comments about Jason waking up to Trump being president were meant to be humorous-- as I would be about any political reality if he had missed five years.  He could have easily have said "What?  there's a LADY in the White House"?  Or something like that.  "More Clintons? You gotta be kidding me"?? 

I do NOT want comments to be all fighting about politics but I can't control your opinions nor will I unless it gets really ugly and into nasty personal stuff.  I do believe we all want what we feel is best in the world.  Sometimes my bias creeps in. I get that-- I feel that my comments and scripting on pictures should use what's happening around us. ie: The Weinstein references. It makes it more 'real'. 

In the end, it is my blog and no matter how hard I try, I'm going to piss some people off. I get that-- I hope you continue reading but if I offend, you know what I'm going to say.  

Have a good one. 


11 comments:

  1. A couple of years ago, you made negative comments about Pres. Bush and I responded that I didn't think you should be willing to pi$$ off half your readers. I also said that I would continue to support you by clicking on your Amazon links for my Prime purchases - and you thanked me. So, although we're on opposite ends of the political scale, I didn't let it prevent me from continuing to support you. I still won't but please know that I personally think it's disrespectful for anyone in a public forum to vilify a political figure when half the audience disagrees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gap...honestly do you think I have in this blog??
    Thanks for the Amazon WUB :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, people are actually telling you to "shut up and blog"??? Oh for God's sake. Hahahaaa!!

    When will the simpletons learn?

    Always a great blog Karen! Keep up the good work!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Matchboxginny... name calling is not appropriate and very offensive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, it's YOUR blog. If you want to be political, go right ahead. If you want to steer clear of politics, that's cool too. Bottom line: it's your blog, you get to write what you want, and you're not forcing anyone to read it.

    If someone doesn't like it, I'm sure you'll offer them a full refund of their subscription cost.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Wanda Woman, write what you want and offer a full refund of their subscription cost. What an awful country this would be if no one was allowed to disagree with the occupant of the White House!!! I always enjoy your blog.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do a FANTASTIC job with the blog, Karen. It never even crossed my mind that what you wrote was anything but a joke. (One I laughed at, in fact!)

    I've always been a VERY liberal person (FDR was too conservative IMO), who lives in MT. So I COMPLETELY understand trying to "hold back" to avoid political landmines these days.

    K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dad is Republican and I'm not. For him I keep my mouth shut, but only for him. My sister and I voted for "Killery" as he called her, he didn't like Trump but saw him as the lesser of two evils. Karen you make me laugh with your liberal self, don't ever stop being you. 😊

      Delete
  8. Blogger kdmask said...
    Gap...honestly do you think I have in this blog??
    Thanks for the Amazon WUB :)

    October 16, 2017 at 2:07 PM

    I don't understand what you mean with your comment.
    You're welcome

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michelle Latta said...

    My dad is Republican and I'm not. For him I keep my mouth shut, but only for him. My sister and I voted for "Killery" as he called her, he didn't like Trump but saw him as the lesser of two evils. Karen you make me laugh with your liberal self, don't ever stop being you.

    ** Mine has NEVER been registered to vote, let alone actually voted. (which is probably a good thing really) He just doesn't care, and prefers to be ignorant really) but can still be pretty nasty about stuff) So I generally just try to avoid contact with him as much as I possibly can. But, when that isn't an option, I just try to ignore him (That is if I can understand what he says. He mumbles badly (To the point where he makesKM sound like she has perfect diction and elocution in comparison. As far as my mom goes, I FINALLY got her to do so in 2008, and she is so glad she finally did, and now says wishes she had done so a long time ago. And we're pretty like mineded politically.

    K

    ReplyDelete

  Joss is shocked that Dex almost killed Cyrus. Nina leaves. Dex explains he did try to talk Sonny out of it but Sonny was insistent. He wen...