What does it show?
1. Dante tells Brenda he loves her (flashback)
2. Carly's trying to find out the "truth" about the past
3. Dante tells Brenda he wants to raise "this baby" together (flashback)
4. Dante tells Lulu he and Brenda were "pretty close"
You do the math. Brenda got PG by the guy she killed (connected to the Balkan, maybe his son) and Dante tells her they'll raise it together. I don't think it's their kid. Now, did the baby survive and she gave it up for adoption so the Balkan wouldn't find it--or did it die and the Balkan not know? More interesting if there's a 3 year old kid running around, right?
There are A LOT of pissed people out there. Lante fans (one of the last 'newer' fanbases) are mad. S&B fans are LIVID because this is going to throw a HUGE wrench into the whole S&B reunites fantasy plans.
SPEAKING OF RATINGS:Erroll Lewis on Soap Opera Network reports that GH hit even NEWER lows in demos (most important ratings)
1. Y&R 4,878,000 (+16,000/-124,000)
2. B&B 3,108,000 (-79,000/-169,000)
3. DAYS 2,424,000 (-107,000/-535,000)
4. OLTL 2,345,000 (-9,000/-175,000) BEAT GH!!
5. GH 2,282,000 (-98,000/-446,000) <- new low (Previous low: 2,325,000 for July 6-10, 2009)
6. AMC 2,270,000 (-39,000/-452,000)
Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.6/10 (+.1/-.1)
2. DAYS 1.0/7 (same/-.4)
2. B&B 1.0/7 (same/same)
2. GH 1.0/7 (-.1/-.4) <- new low
2. OLTL 1.0/6 (+.1/-.1)
6. AMC 0.8/5 (same/-.3) <- ties low rating (2nd straight week)
I am so damn happy OLTL Beat GH!!! They were bottom of the ABC lineup for a long time and NOW LOOK what good writing can do!!! WOOT!! The show has the lowest budget-- is the last in line for HD-- and doesn't have a "giant" guest star list. The writing is the key. I keep saying that. I just want GOOD STORIES!!
With the upcoming Dante/Brenda past coming up, it's going to get dicey. Will the S&Bers tune out? Lante Fans? Why would they go this direction?? Having Brenda and Dante know each other is one thing--this is a WHOLE 'NOTHER kettle o' fish.
How YOU feeling after watching the promo? Intrigued? Upset? Me... I have NO faith the writing will be anything but the mess it has been for the past few years, so I don't care. Any interest I'd have would be either dropped/messed up or FF by Guza. I don't care who the 'couple's' are BTW...I care about how the stories are told!!
BTW, the "Balkan" should have been "Valentin"--- the one Hells was so upset about. See, THAT would have tied everything together. Just an idea. If Brenda got PG with a Cassadine to boot? Ahhh... could have been interesting. Maybe Bob will read this and have The Balkan end up being Valentin.