With nods to Elizabeth Kubler-Ross:
1. Denial: Wait..what Did I just SEE THAT TWEET?? What!! Someone told me their local affiliate said AMC and OLTL is cancelled?? (scramble to look at Daytime Confidential, SOS, EW, a million other tweets...) No, wait they CAN'T CANCEL BOTH at the same time? What!!?
2. Anger: Hell NO! No..they can't do this. Shady idiots. They just SAID THEY weren't going to cancel the shows! They moved AMC to LA!!
:calls ABC voicemail and leaves screaming outbursts: I'm going to write to every PERSON I can find associated with DISNEY until they listen to me!! Bastards. I hate this. Greed. I'm fighting to the bitter end!! I'm selling off my Disney stock! Boycott! :throwing bars of soap:
3. Bargaining: HEY Oprah...please put our soaps on your OWN station, please!! I know, maybe if we call the hotline enough, they'll listen...we'll tell them we'll watch the soaps and not the new shows!! I won't yell. I won't scream. Maybe someone will buy them. Maybe they can cut staff. Something, anything to save the shows.
4. Depression: Well, hell. That sucks. I love my soaps. I really hate everyone at ABC they suck. :crying: --Calls Mom...gets out old soap books. Watches You Tube clips of old shows. Does a blog about vintage AMC characters. I'm just not going to watch any soaps period.
5. Acceptance: We knew it was coming..*Sigh* the ratings were in the crapper for years. Whatever.