Sunday, July 28, 2019

Sunday Surgery: All The Pain


Image
I think he's really bad off Lulu, he wouldn't even accept the rigatoni I sent to Ithaca. 

Friday saved the week for me... I enjoyed the show and it's always nice to end on a positive note! Since there was a rerun this week we didn't get a 'cliff hanger" but it was still good. 

It's ROC the Taste here this weekend so I'm sampling all sorts of Rochester foods. We like our white hots, wings and meatballs (??) for some reason!  Hubs had Jonny's BBQ and I ended up with Thai Mii Up Pad Thai! 




Image

LULU'S PAIN:  She was schleping around is an oversized hoodie and all Maxie could do was bitch at her and drag her to The Rib. Not to worry tho, "Dustin" showed up and put a temporary smile on her face. While I appreciated Maxie/Lulu time, this whole thing felt just 'off'. Can't put my finger on it but it just wasn't true to life for me and Maxie is on my last damn nerve lately. I really wish they'd show her trying to raise her baby on her own-- it's maddening to think she's never with him. 


Image

Yeah, this is where I come and think. 
Me too! 
Mom drops a lot of Oreos down here  
I'll get the milk!! 

ROCCO'S PAIN:  Well, Peter babysat a sad, sad Rocco and they bonded over their bad, bad  parents. Rocco's upset over Dad leaving and Peter's upset that his spy mother didn't love him after she took advantage of his drugged villainous father. Just your typical soap kids lamenting their fates. 

Image

FLASHBACK PAIN:  So, Shiloh remembered more and basically he and a guy named "Tex" were selling fuel to the bad guys-- and Drew found out about it. He was going to turn Hank (Shiloh) in last we saw. Did he not get that chance? Shiloh mumbles something about getting his 'money back' from Drew-- so there's that. 

Image

I found 44 Banana Peels, old sneakers, a dead cat ..and your lock! 

TEEN PAIN:   Oh the angst. Cam had to go out in the dead of night and cut the locks off the bridge of WUB ....and Joss mourned the loss of her beloved Oscar-Lock. I really don't like the dialog/writing for the teens because it's SO Disney-fied I could scream.  Joss should have gone dark. Cutting, binge eating-- acting out. ANYTHING that would remotely be drama-filled.  Joss put Cam in the "friend-zone" and had hugs with both he and Dev. Can you tell where this is headed? I thought so...

Image

PSYCHIC PAIN:  Poor Franco..told by both Sibley and Newbie Chelsea that he's probably going to change ...big time. This one tells him not to drive!! Loved the way Roger played this--with a touch of levity and a tinge of sarcasm. Really liked the new psychic. Loved her on The Middle and she adds the comedic touch this character needs.

Image

I zaid I'd be back this week with more Puuushing allegation! 

PUSH PAIN:  Yes, Dr. O's still in ze Hospital recovering. The reason I put this in here is because that "shoe" photo cracks me up (IT'S A SHOE) -- and I am very happy Valetin is making her move into Wyndemere. The more characters under one roof the better. But why hasn't Lesil thought of Val when she got pushed? I mean, she does harbor the Sasha secret after all.... 


Image

Oh My GOD, isn't Ava the WORST? 
Yes, she is!! She even slept with my son!! 
Wait, didn't you sleep with your mother's husband? 
Oh, didn't you like almost cut her baby out of her womb and kidnap it? 
Touche. 


WUBSHELL WEEK: 
Shiloh remembers more Drew back story. He's owed money.
Ava's Crimson came out. She wasn't happy until she saw all the millions of comments. 

Jax and Hayden want to get into Wyndemere to search it. 
Cassandra Pierce was mentioned about 44 times 
Dev and Cam went dumpster diving
Harmony told Nelle about Wiley and Nelle figured out that's Jonah
Hayden's lookin for a house
Franco's scared to drive after psychic warnings
Lulu's sad about the divorce
Maxie is a pest 
Dusty likes Lulu
Finn told Chase about he and Hayden's past
Chillow said "I love you" to each other 


 BRIGHT SPOT: 

Image

SISTER LOVE: Just want to say these two are adorable together and totally look like they could be sisters. STILL Not over Rebecca not playing Sarah but I'll take this. Liz asked Hayden to move in...which is funny because Poor Cam had to find a garage to store his car in, remember?? Maybe Hayden takes Ubers all the time?  Are we going to find out if she had the baby or what? 


Image

So, I gave my baby to people who think the real father is a Cultist-Rapist? Great! Just Great! 

SCENE OF THE WEEK: Well, I for one miss CL. I loved Nelle's spiral into madness. Loved her selfish ways and CL's acting. Even this week she was mesmerizing because I honestly couldn't tell if she actually cared for Wylie/Jonah or was faking it for Michael. She looked genuinely shocked with Harmony's story ...and the look on her face as she realized the baby in question was her's was just fantastic. In other hands, it could have been a throwaway scene but it was just perfection with these 2 actresses. 

Image

PROP OF THE WEEK:  Oh man, Ava's cover is GOLD--but why oh WHY didn't they show her photo shoot? GEESH, what a missed opportunity!! 

Image


FACE OF THE WEEK..AGAIN: I vas Puuushed 


It's GHFCW and here are two photos from Twitter: 


Posted by @NancyLeeGrahn 

Posted by @NivFansGH 

Did any of you attend? I really wish I could one of these years. I've been meaning to--and actually had tickets about 14 years ago but my son needed sinus surgery! It was at the old Sportsman's Lodge in Studio City back then. Looks like everyone had a great time!! 

That's a WRAP, folks! I was thinking about Shiloh a bit and how is it that one character is connected to Sam..by his Dad and a con,  Drew...by serving in Afghanistan and some sketchy money....and Willow and DOD? I mean...GEEZUS. Next thing we know he'll be Dev's real Dad or something. Seems like he's so connected to everyone.
Nu Nina got some better for me this week. She was lighter and had some fun with the dialog. I'm trying hard to let my 'old Ninaisms" go.  I'm still not into the Sasha secret and really could care less about this Cassandra Pierce stuff. The kids are amazingly absent this summer and the teens are unfortunately boring. They need a hang out place or something. Unless Dev ends up pushing Cassandra's fake opioids then --meh. 


13 comments:

  1. I like how Nancy Lee Grahn dresses (and Alexis). And she is 63. That is how they should dress Laura.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They might not dress her like that because maybe she doesn't have the figure for it or maybe they don't see the character dressing like that? Which they should. I think it's the figure thing.

      Delete
  2. Thanks again Karen. Have a great time at your festival.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One comment: I thought the young actor playing Rocco did very well in his scenes Friday with slightly more complicated material.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frank, I did as well...although his initial freak out with the book was a bit over the top. He did good under the counter LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. First, thank you again for a great surgery Karen!
    Now on to my psychic prediction...
    FRANCO- it sounds like he will end up with Drew's memories. One psychic said he won't be himself. The next tells him not to take that DRIVE. I'm not sure how it would play out, but it would at least bring another front and center story line to Roger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting, how will he end up with Drew's memories? Drew did drive, when briefly blind and hit Jordan.....hmmmm.

      Delete
    2. Ohhhh Patrix. That would make for some interesting viewing until Roger turned it into a comedy.

      Thanks again kd. I'm hoping that Shiloh ends up back in prison and Nelle, the book girl and part time medical helper, finds a way to kill him.

      Delete
    3. Patrix, I was assuming the psychic was telling Franco not to "drive" Obrecht home. Never thought of a flash-drive as being what she referred to. Interesting idea!!

      Delete
  6. when Jax told Hayden they couldn't be a couple because his heart belonged to someone else, she said, 'Your ex-wfe?" which I guess we are supposed to guess too....
    but i think it could be Cassandra - that we find out THAT is why Jax is back in Port Charles------------or better yet - it could be BRENDA!! How fun that would be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought Carly! How funny would that be?! Snatch pregnant Carly from Sonny. Watch the barware fly! LOL!

      Delete
  7. "I think he's really bad off Lulu, he wouldn't even accept the rigatoni I sent to Ithaca."

    ROFL!

    "We like our white hots, wings and meatballs (??) for some reason!"

    Karen don't forget the garbage plate!!! MMMMMMM! :)

    "I found 44 Banana Peels, old sneakers, a dead cat ..and your lock!"

    Hahahaha. Was it HER dead cat?

    "PROP OF THE WEEK: Oh man, Ava's cover is GOLD--but why oh WHY didn't they show her photo shoot? GEESH, what a missed opportunity!!"

    Yeah we should have seen the photo shoot!!!!

    ReplyDelete

The Never-Ending Night

  Joss visits Jason. She talks to him about telling Krissy about Dex going to kill Dex. OH! We have a new fire escape set! Jason says most k...