Monday, July 29, 2019

Billy Miller Twitter Drama...

So, I wake up to this on Twitter.  I hope you can read it. It's done on an old typewriter (the letter was propped on it in one photo) -- but he basically says good-bye in a rather mild fashion. TV Source Magazine was the first to break the news. 



The fan reaction is the drama part and the comments are all over the place. His fans, especially "Killy" fans (he and Kelly Moncao) are up in arms over the fact Steve Burton ever came back. Well, not so much that he came back but that Miller didn't keep playing Jason. Add to the fact that the Drew backstory never happened, and it's fuel to the fire. To be fair, they couldn't do a lot of flashbacks of his past life because he did after all, have a different face at that point. (oh only in soaps!!) 

It's not entirely known "whom left whom' in this relationship. Did Billy decide not to re-sign because he has better offers? Did GH not pony up enough $$??? However you look at it, Miller is a wildly popular actor and it's a loss to GH. I think the character of Drew has run it's course (through no fault of his) and it's probably best to move on.  What will that do for the character of Kim? Interesting. 

Update: Kelly Monaco tweeted this: 



What say you? Will you miss Billy? What do you think of the fact that Burton came back mid-NuJason and shook things up? Will one out-weight the other?? We shall see! 


10 comments:

  1. Wow. I am really sorry to see Billy go. He got screwed bigtime when SB came back. His whole storyline went out the window and writers never seemed to respect what was left of his character. I really enjoyed scenes Billy had with Roger and Rebecca. This show will live and die Jasam and the Corinthos clan. Very short sighted. Show leadership seems overly concerned with core fans instead of finding a happy medium in growth and satisfying all the fans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very sorry he is leaving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Billy is a good actor but let's face it - he sleepwalked his way through dialogue for many months until they finally gave him something interesting, which was Oscar's illness and death. I am always glad when the original actor comes back to his or her original role, and that was how I felt about Jason/Steve B. I sure wish Billy well.
    LindaV

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very upset. I have loved Billy from the beginning. The only other actor I can think being this upset over is Michael Easton. I honestly wish Steve Burton had never come back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto!! Well said! The show would've done just fine if not better if SB/Jason never came back. His relationship with Sam now is lukewarm at best. And he's inserted into EVERY SL and it feels forced most of the time. Jmo!

      Delete
    2. I agree with you gracegirl

      Delete
  5. I for one will miss Billy with Roger. That is my favorite interaction with his character. He also does well with children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I agree! I love the interaction with Billy and Roger!!! Great chemistry! They became brothers. :) Awwww! :)

      Delete
  6. This sucks. I don't want him to leave!!!! :(

    ReplyDelete

The Never-Ending Night

  Joss visits Jason. She talks to him about telling Krissy about Dex going to kill Dex. OH! We have a new fire escape set! Jason says most k...