Sunday, August 16, 2026

Sunday Surgery: Old Ironsides

 


Another summer week, another lack-luster showing from GH. Sorry but I'm just not feeling it at ALL this quarter. With lack-luster newbies and stories that pop up out of the ground, it's just dull. Worst sin of all for a daytime show!! 

I have some nice chai today for a change. Grab your fave and let's GO GO!! 

Photos from Sloan, Fuzzy;  editing by Dave and daily summaries Sonya. Thx to all! 



COURT OF CURTIS: I suppose this was 'the' story of the week: Curtis' verdict in his assault trial. He was found guilty and has to serve 10 years, probably 2 and then parole. Trina got upset-- Stella and Marshall got sad and Curtis got a 48 hour reprieve before reporting so he could say goodbye to his son. That's...about it. 





PARTY IN THE APARTMENT: Second biggest? Jacinda slips Willow Molly in her coffee. Wiley didn't drink it.  Michael found out-- went to the apartment before Willow got in the car. Since Trina and Kai told him she shot Drew, Willow also has to live in the gatehouse now under Michael's thumb. Hey, first Drew, now Michael. Willow's been controlled for her whole life by men. (Not that she doesn't deserve it.)



BYE STREET WALKER... I MEAN--HOOK--I MEAN SEX WORKER:  So, Jacinda has been sacrificed on the altar of new Serena and that's that. I guess they had to cook up something besides her dying in a freak accident or getting killed like Michael's other ladies. She grew on me and I was hoping to find ties to old Port Charles at some point. Oh well. 


JOSS THE BOSS: We continue with this Joss story (because her being WSB wasn't enough) that involves the banal Hudson (who I actually called Hunter last week and didn't even notice). Joss thinks Carly might have set it up. Brennan is intrigued. OH! We got a "coming out of the pool and seeing a bikini" scene too. 


GOLLY MISS MOLLY: Cody is bit by Hades. He misses James. Off Molly and Cody go to Savannah to a book fair. 


ANNA: I don't know why I keep reporting this but...Anna's still  having ha-loo-loos with Peter  and it all so... meh. I guess she's going to lure Britt somewhere and "KILL" her. Uh huh. St. Jaysus will rescue and Anna will realize that she's been mind-controlled. Can we just skip to the part where Anna is bad-ass again? 


KIDS IN THE HALL: Ramping up a teen beat, everyone decides they don't like Drew and pair off into little tag teams of doom.  Rocco and Scout; Danny and Charlotte. Charlotte is the one to watch here because she said "When Drew goes low, you go lower".  I so hope she has Helena's ice-pick instincts  Remember her snake? That would work as well. BTW, are Danny and Char "involved"?? I mean-- ?? I think they kissed once long long ago? 


BIGGES LET DOWN OF THE WEEK: If you're an OG soap viewer like I am, you thought for a moment that Willow and Michael were just going to have good, old fashioned hate zex right there in that kitchen. Admit it--you did. It would have happened a few decades ago but alas, nope. They would have had wild zex and then-- gone back to hating ...yet lusting...yet hating. Ah, the stuff of Soap 101. 


THE OTHER BITS: 

Scout pushed Rocco into the pool 

Brennan wants info from Alexis about Jasper Jacks Enterprises

Someone watches Trina from outside of Bobbie's

Tracey finally agrees to let Willow live in the guesthouse 

Drew: Still an ass 

Jason told Carly he's not working with Sonny. SBu was brilliant in those scenes


Cody and Serena met --probably the most dull sister/bro meeting ever. "hey--" ..."hey"

Valentin told Jordan about the night of the accident, wants her expertise on Sidwell's holdings

Sonny told ADA he'll keep them a secret. I refuse to write anymore about this. 



NEWS WORTHY: 

Soap Central  says that Jenz Sidwell will be in jail with another character on GH...has to be Curtis, right? 


SPOILER PHOTO: I guess Jason is on Team ELQ now. Here he is telling Britt he's outta the business. 


That's a wrap. Sorry I'm just so bland this time but damn. So many things not jelling and just thrown out there. Even Trina's "stalking" is a bore. The Pintrest Board-Shaky Cam has to be the most boring thing ever. Joss and Hudson? WHO CAST THIS GUY? Joe-- welp. We see him maybe 4x a month and I don't care. So frustrating. I forget Tristan even exists to be honest. The ONE tiny intrigue I had this week was Brennan asking Alexis about JJE. That's it. What's Jason going to do? Meh, whatever. Willow in the gatehouse might be good but it could also be a rehash of things we've seen before. The jailhouse with Sidwell and Curtis? I'm not a huge fan of the Pentonville stuff so-- not even sure about that. Gio/Trina singing? Help me.  Sorry if I sound so Debbie Downer but eesh. Yes, there are still great moments but for the most part I'm not rushing home to see anything. 

Hope you had a better viewing week than I DID!! 

Dave thinks this is my shortest SS ever!!  Ha ha

CHEERS! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Surgery: Old Ironsides

  Another summer week, another lack-luster showing from GH. Sorry but I'm just not feeling it at ALL this quarter. With lack-luster newb...