Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sunday Surgery: Delayed Diagnosis

SQUEE! Only, it's Monty, not Sonny!
GET great screen caps everyday from GH Caps


Oh, it finally happened.  Their eyes met from across a crowded Rome street set. Sonny dropped a magazine just as Brenda was turning. Then, an older woman caught his eye just as Brenda was running to Sinclair. Oh, the agony. Finally at 3:57pm Friday, they looked at each other. Underwhelming to say the least. I didn't even see a spark in Vanny's eyes. I guess I expecting to see her look a BIT surprised to see ol' Sonny boy standing there.
Yeah, the big Sonny and Brenda meeting happened. To me, it came at LEAST two weeks too late. WAY too late. I personally think the whole Monty Sinclair, Suzanne,  Balkan-Thugs were such a waste of time. For real, do we even care? My favorite part of the whole thing was when Brenda started arranging fruit in her hotel room. The highlight of the week. Heh. As far as this "Balkan" crap goes, all I can do is roll my eyes.  I am glad that Lucky will be some kind of under-cover hit man for a bit. At least he'll be out of boring PC. I'm sure we'll get "Irish" stuff to look at. Pubs? Clovers? Red-Headed Lassies? Given the fake Italian accents we had to suffer through, I can only hope they hire a diction coach for some Eire-Speak.
Discouraged? You bet. Seems like there are a lot of us that are. Ratings for the week of August 23rd were down from the week before.

FROM SON...see all ratings categories there!
Ratings for the week August 23-27, 2010
(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)
Total Viewers


1. Y&R 5,040,000 (-254,000/+78,000)
2. B&B 3,106,000 (-277,000/-121,000)
3. GH 2,516,000 (-107,000/+115,000)
4. DAYS 2,475,000 (-50,000/-286,000)
5. ATWT 2,360,000 (-124,000/-37,000)
6. AMC 2,326,000 (-57,000/+118,000)
7. OLTL 2,264,000 (+48,000/-15,000)


HH
1. Y&R 3.5/12 (-.1/same)
2. B&B 2.2/7 (-.2/-.1)
3. GH 1.8/6 (-.1/same)
3. DAYS 1.8/6 (same/-.3) <- ties low rating (8th straight week)
5. ATWT 1.7/6 (same/same)
5. AMC 1.7/6 (-.1/same) <- ties low rating (Last time: August 31 - September 4, 2009)
5. OLTL 1.7/6 (same/-.1)

SO... I guess the whole Vanny experiment speaks for itself. Maybe it will pick up next week, once they get together?? See, the thing is---Sonny leaves again for the US of A to turn himself in. THEN, its been spoiled he's going to fall into bed with...Claire. @@ Jason's going to go to Rome to "take care of Brenda". Sam's all jealous in Port Charles.  Carly's all jealous in Port Charles (We don't know why because Jax doesn't seem to have anything to do with The Face just yet). Brenda is supposedly due back in town by Sept 23rd. That will be a full 34 days since her return. Even with weekends inbetween, that's shameful. I do hear it will be really "fun" when she does get back to Port Charles and moves in with Jason for protection. There will be a "twist" that involves Jax--whether that's the whole Crimson angle or something bigger, I'm not sure yet.
Megan Ward will be on mid Sept with both Jax and of course, Coleman. Maybe we'll hear more about Crimson then.
I'm trying hard not to be a wet blanket on the S&Ber's parade, but I call 'em like I see 'em. So far...not real impressed.

This week I'd love to send Kudos off to Brianna Brown for her subtle rendition of "Looney-Lisa". She's playing it perfectly I think: a creepy smile here and there... twisting her dialog just enough. Loves it!! Too much wouldn't be as nuts or as entertaining.

Check out Brandon Barash's fun video about his "To Shave or Not To Shave" fundraiser for MDA!! He and Bradford Anderson will be in Vegas this weekend for the telethon. Awesome for him to be at "the big show" finally!! He's been raising funds for years for this cause, and was actually in Buffalo, NY last year. Big step up. Jerry must like his stuff.


Notice who's in the FOREGROUND...:) Berta got more face than  Julie in this photo!

GIANT NEWS!! Alberta Wubs was in the Sept 6th issue of Soaps In Depth at the MOCA shoot! Julie Berman was walking down the carpet and Alberta (being held by caretaker Amber), was sneaking in to say hello.  Too fun. She's gotten more press than the Wubs Net lately. NEXT weekend we will both be in Toronto for the Falconeri "Brunch and Ball".  Can't wait!

Check out Spoilers on the site. Every time you visit a sponsor, Alberta's total goes up for her LA AIDS walk in October. More on that coming next week!! This is her third AIDS walk.
Thanks for keeping me company all week on here and Twitter. No matter how much I bitch about our fave soap, you know I love it--and spending time dishing with YOU!

13 comments:

  1. I'M REALLY ENJOYING LOOK AT THE SHOW SINCE BRENDA RETURNED I KNOW THAT THE WRITER WAS GOING TO TAKE A LONG TIME TO GET HER BACK IN TOWN SO I'M NOT SURPRISE THAT IS HAS BEING SLOW AND BORING BUT I LOVE THAT THIS TIME WE ARE GETTING A SONNY AND BRENDA LOVE STORY SO FOR ME I'M IN IT FOR THE LONG HAUL JUST TO SEE THEM FINALLY TOGETHER AGAIN AND I'M EXCITED TO SEE WHAT IS IN STORE FOR THEM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its for a good cause, it will grow back. Team Shave it off!

    Not shocked by the poor ratings still. Having the same characters on everyday and involved in every storyline is not a wise move, but a move GH often does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually it's Brandon's 2nd year at the telethon...he performed/co-hosted last year too. Someone posted his performance of 'Blue Moon' on YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that it has definitely not been the most well written story line; and yes it has taken entirely too much time for Brenda to return to PC. This story would have been so much better under Labine/Riche than Guza/Phelps there's no doubt about that.
    However, I firmly believe that if anyone can pull this crappy storyline off it's VMG and MB. It's funny watching all their flashbacks and then seeing them together even for that split second on Friday, it really was like they knew they had finally come full circle with one another again. Not only as characters; but also as actors together. I saw a look in MB's eyes that conveyed such admiration and respect for how far she's come since he first began working with her. In her, I saw gratitude and respect for him as as well. I still see the magic in their eyes together and I think it is wonderful!!
    (rtjmom)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're forgetting that many current watchers have not a clue nor care for Sonny-Brenda, and she has to be re-introduced naturally.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that part of the problem for some of us is that we don't root for Sonny. I used to like the character but over the past couple of years I cannot stand that he gets away with everything. For me, he crossed the line when he protected Kate from the bullet that got Michael shot. As for Brenda, I didn't watch back in her heyday. So I am just getting to know her character again. Of course I think that there are better things to talk about than fruit. Plus I don't really want Sonny and Brenda together. I would love to see Brenda and Jason together. That's just me though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Honestly, I don't care about when S & B meet, or when Brenda and Jason meet, or even when Brenda and Jax meet. I'm most excited for Brenda and Spinelli to meet! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LMAO Karen. It's Murphy Sinclair, not Monty. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  9. As a former brenda worshiper, I can honestly say I am deeply disappointed in both the storyline as well as VM's performance. Not sure if she hasn't gotten her sea legs yet or what, but her acting is strange. The laugh, the awkward way she carries out her lines, just not the VM I remember.

    I do agree with other posters that why root for S&B? Jax is the night and shining Armor. Ands that puts Carly's panties in a bind. Who doesn't want to see that and see her quirm? And to make Sam uncomfortable on top of that? It may make Jasam actually interesting for 2 eppy's We have some good things coming up. Let's hope the magic returns. Otherwise fire her and bring back Genie with the $.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am one S & Ber who was THRILLED when their eyes met, cried and everything, I waited over a decade for this, and they did not disappoint.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Soapzone is reporting there's a string Jasamm rumor that they will be married in Nov and a baby will be on the way come Christmas. WTF? He'll be ok with procreating with Sam but screw Jake/Elizabeth?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I THINK I am changing his name to MONTY. Damn it.> Murphy is too weird. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seriously? Jasam will get a baby? One more reason to tune out during sweeps

    ReplyDelete

  Joss is shocked that Dex almost killed Cyrus. Nina leaves. Dex explains he did try to talk Sonny out of it but Sonny was insistent. He wen...