Sunday, January 16, 2011

General Hospital Sunday Surgery: Lab Work

 (all links fixed! thanks for telling me...)

Well. Looks like the ratings plummeted one week and then went up hugely the next. That's what holiday break will do to you!! Soap Opera Network has all the numbers for you to take a gander at.

Over on TVGuide Canada, Nelson reports that there's a casting call for 35 year old "Grace" some bratty rich girlie. WTH! Uh, don't we have enough freekin' ladies running around? Claire, Siobhan, Olivia, Brooke Lyn...Maya...Abby-- It just boggles my dang mind. Not to mention Kate has evaporated when they so could have used Crimson as a Brenda-centric story setting.  :stompingfoot:  

Looks like the SnB wedding will be marred by destruction... you know Guza-fied wedding.  OF COURSE!!! Why would it be joyful!!?? We've got The Balkan all ready to pounce and Franco waiting in the wings-- probably to do a wedding portrait of "The Face" while she's chained to a wall somewhere. *sigh* 
Tony Geary is back, that means more Q-mania at least. I'm  hearing Ethan will decide to go the corporate route because he's sick of being beat-up and he knows there's a hell of a lot of money to be made white-collar crime style. I'm clinging to the hope this happens, and that the Qs get rocking again, so don't disturb me.  If they are going to keep Brooke Lyn (and I'm shocked they have) then have her be his assistant. She could cause trouble for ol' Mayan! 

Franco has announced  he's directing and acting in a "Night Stalker" picture-- and for those of you that don't remember, Richard Rameriz was a strangler/rapist that terrorised Southern California in the '80's. The physical resemblance to Franco is eerie-- and will give me nightmares, I'm sure. I'm a huge true-crime buff so I will have to see it. I guess Franco was doing a little re-con with his GH  serial-killer stint.  This must be it. Yes, I'm officially  on the Franco-Frenia Freeway. Why? Don't know, but between his Fronkey and Guza, I'm hooked!! 


Michael's going to make his reveal to Jason this month about his horrific prison rape...and I hear it's amazingly powerful.  

                                             Scene of the week: Diane/Carly... loved it.


Other than that, I'm still not happy with the whole flow of the show. The sputtering and start-stop of the stories. Just the fact that no one has mentioned the bus crash  patients this week is enough to make me angry. There's a spoiler that Steve will visit Olivia and it may be "romantic" --whatever. They are like Mac/Alexis. How the hell can we care about anyone when you never show them? Bring on a wedding planner, have her in one scene, then she's gone. Why didn't they have her and  Suzanne argue? Claire's coming back for this wack-a-doodle trial after being in the closet how long? LOL..  it's maddening. At  least they are keeping Johnny around to beat up AGAIN. Brandon Barash has to be wondering  if his days are numbered. The insertion of the Spinelli book, while giving Diane more airtime, really needs to be woven into the canvas. Just like the random Sam/Dr.Kelly scene. If you missed that 20 second conversation, you'd be lost as to what's coming with the JaSam story.

Ok, I'll shut up! LOL.  You all know what I feel-- and how I'd write the show. OLTL on the other hand is stunning in it's completeness. (Like that line?!) Switched DNA,  Mean Clint... a circus of a trial, brothers against brothers... Nora/Bo-- fun Roxy and crazy-ass'd Marty. Ah, good stuff. 


BTW, one of my fave people, Real Andrews is off to All My Children as a detective. I can't wait. I still think he could have been used on GH, but I'm glad he's back on daytime.


There's a great charity going on...you've seen the duckies featured on this blog all week. Aren't they darling?? Some are rare (Tony Geary) and some are  filled with about 30 sigs!! Head on over to Ebay, PC Wishing Well  to get yours today!! I still say the soap fans are the most generous and caring of them all!! 


Another shameless plug is the PEPSI CHallenge. "DO Good". They are giving away much money for start-ups that can improve the lives of others or  help the planet. My brother's friend Van, designed a cooling vest for MS patients and the chronically ill. He can win with our votes...and realize his dream of actually manufacturing these great pain reducers. Hit the link and if you think it's a "cool" idea, consider voting..thanks.


Have a great day!! Keep Warm!!

31 comments:

  1. Just wondering,Karen,,Do you know if the upcoming scenes of Lulu taking care of Johnny after he is beaten up are because G.H are thinking about doing a Jolu reunion or a Lante/Jolu triangle? I ask because i read at DD a few months ago that IF BB (Johnny) stays on G.H it will to put Johnny & Lulu back together in the future.Do you know if that is true or not? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I was in the minority but I didn't like the Diane/Carly scenes. I would have rathered Diane go straight to Sonny and SPILL IT. Carly needs to mind her beezwax, which I am guessing is why Jax chooses to dump her per the spoilers. Hellooooo you have a beautiful baby to tend to, oh and not to mention a son with all sorts of flippin problems, oh and another son with a bad broken leg. My fear is these scenes will lead to Diane's demise (hiring Theo, insisting she will vouge for him, then also getting in on Carly's BS)

    I for one am LOVING the Johnny scenes. This guy is hot, and has everything good soapy men are made of. Charm, hotness, and good guy/bad guy quality. Would be a shame to lose him. Hell test him wiht any of our leading ladies. We already know he has chemistry with Maxie, Carly, Lisa, Lulu (although not a fan of these two together) Why not chem test with Liz, Sam, Abby? Anything to keep him on my TV. I also enjoy Ethan and the new storyline may suit him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Brandon Barash, and think he's a huge draw to the show.He's awesome to fans as well. I don't know about putting Jolu "back together"...I really think they want Lante, but who the hell knows. Having Johnny/Dante vie for Lulu would be cool, Mob vs Cop?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too Love Brandon B. So charming! Way better to look at than the same ole same ole Sonny & Jason. Wish they would have Jax be his old charming self again, too. As for Lulu, I just can't watch her with a guy. She becomes too self riteous. Wish I could spell that, lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree about CarJax....Carly is all up in everybodys business. She has a beautiful daughter and two boys who need here yet she can't leave Brenda, Sonny, Jason, Dante....alone.

    I think it would be great if they tested the Lulu, Dante, Johnny story. Lulu does get on my nerves with her "perfect person" personality.

    I still wishnthey would give Becky Herbst a better storyline with a new man. I can't stand the back and forth with Lucky and Nik. Siobhan needs to go as well.

    Karen, I would love for you to write the show. It's in desperate need of some help. I am pretty much done with the show. I can't stand the holes in stories and the same violence on every event. Daytime is supposed to be about romance and escape....GH has not been either for me in a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too love Johnny, always have, so I have to say this one more time, let him go back to music, open a piano bar and do Cole Porter stuff (in a tux of course)
    He would be extremely hot and romantic and maybe not get beat up so much.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just wonder WHY they would have Lulu be the one to take care of him now and not Lisa?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oo-oo-oo - I hadn't thought about Ethan and Brook - they could be awesome! And the Nik complications would be juicy. Ethan and Nik hate each other. Bring it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read on a couple of other sites that the casting call could be for a potential Brenda recast. That's a big fat rumor though. The description certainly fits the character of Brenda. Any news on whether VMG is leaving early in the spring? I keep reading that the gossip is that she is (which wouldn't bother me at all).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karen are we sure VM's Brenda is staying on? Ravenbeauty is insistent she's out at GH. It would be sad if true, but it certainly isn't her fault. They should rid themselves of the writers, not the actors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Blog!!
    I maybe in minority here But I do not want Ethan as ELLQ CEO!! he is a spencer!! not a Q!! why not wait ad let michael character change so he can be the one!!

    or even better even when I love Jason as the mobster why not change his character make him as the biz man?? it could be great twist and great fall circle he was suppose to be the doc,not Biz man he changed his life.. and now he is back home being a biz man???

    I love johnny Too..

    Of course the wedding will have troubles this is GH!! lol

    I am looking forward to Michael reveal,I like Chad I see him as Michael,and he is great actor..
    I am sure he&Steve will have very powerful scene between them..
    I am Happy they kept the story constant that it will be Jason the one he tells...

    ReplyDelete
  12. i just have to say that those ducks are absolutely adorable, and if i wasn't on a budget i would go for one of the cheaper ones. I love the Spixie one (just spent the last 15 minutes perusing the auction site) and the Jasam and Molly one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I heard VM wasn't leaving... not unless she's going for a 'break' for a bit. I also CAN'T see her ever being recast. I just can't. She, Laura, Luke...Sonny are untouchable. Then again, I didn't think Carly could be either, but there you go! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have read on several occasions in the past that VM would never come back again if they recast Brenda. I wonder if she still feels that way.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the idea of Ethan at ELQ and then eventually having Michael battle him for control a la AJ vs Ned.

    I cant wait to see the prison reveal, that is going to be really great, heart-breaking television.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great now more "this is all Dante's fault" once they find out what Carter did to Michael. Instead of saying look what WE did to him by covering upa murder, it will be Dante's fault.

    I agree with Ritapita, mind your business Carly. Such a loser!

    ReplyDelete
  17. inbal, I'm with you. Ethan at ELQ makes absolutely no sense, therefore, that's what they're probably going to do. ELQ should be Michael's! They are doing the dumbest, worst stuff with Ethan. He is (was) one of my favorite characters, but I can't watch him now, especially with Maya. I know I'm probably going to stir up some stuff by saying this, but they have absolutely no chemistry, yet they're forcing them. They turn me off so much. I hope they change their minds and end them soon and do something different with the Ethan character so I can watch and enjoy him again.

    ReplyDelete
  18. When Jason and Carly were frantically looking for her boys in the bus wreck, didn't Carly go on a tangent about how she was too busy being worried about stupid things instead of tending to her family? Now, here she is, doing it again. I'm sure Morgan would like his mom to be taking care of him and his broken leg. And poor Jocelyn. She probably can't even recognize her mother.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wouldn't it just be great if they had a scene where baby Joc was calling her nanny "mamma"?

    And where the hell is Olivia? Really! She was on deaths door (drama I know) but no hospital visits, nothing. No Jax, Kate, Carly to say sorry you were hurt when it should have been me?

    ReplyDelete
  20. See, I see Ethan as being a con-man business man... Luke could help him. But that's me-

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like the idea of Brook and Ethan.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ethan would be the perfect corporate raider con man. Imagine he and Jax doing battle? Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I hate Brooklyn she got away with attempted rape and why would beautiful Liz and Maya the two prettiest ladies oh the show be threatened by Brooklyn. I love Ethan and Maya its cute watching ladykiller Ethan fall for Maya she is amazingly beautiful, funny and smart they have a good vibe I wouldnot mind an Ethan-Maya-Johnny triangle and Lisa they are the most interesting group on the show!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think I just threw up a little in my mouth....

    ReplyDelete
  25. Throw up all you want there are plenty of Mayan (love) going all around!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I haven't seen it, but okay.... lol

    Karen, I'd be interested in a Brook/Ethan thing, too. Brook's a Q - she's gorgeous and clever and funny, and she could work for ELQ, too, even though she turned Edward down on his offer the first time. It would make sense since Ned and Lois are her parents. She also likes to sing like Ethan and they just seem like they would "click". They should have tested them when she first came on, don't know why they didn't. I'm hoping they'll do something with them eventually. I think they would be love.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Johnny beaten up, that guy must be a mess after being hurt several times in the last couple of months.
    Why is it gonna be Lulu? and not Olivia? I want a Steve/Olivia/Johnny triangle.That would be a interesting storyline.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I don't care that Johnny is going to be beaten up again. I FF through anything that is Ethan and Maya, Tracy and Luke, Lucky and Irish girl, Brooke and Nik, Sonny and Brenda, Carly and anyone, JaSam. What does that leave? Not much, which is why I let weeks go by without even attempting to watch what is dvr'd. I am looking forward to the Michael prison reveal- I think Chad and Steve will do an amazing job. That is the only reason I keep watching at all- the hope of catching these incredible scenes that are too few and far between...

    ReplyDelete
  29. Why would I want to see the rape of a character I've seen grow before my eyes. Why would I have empathy for Jason who stole the child from his own brother and gave him to a mobster. This child is now an adult barely eighteen he tried to kill his natural father as a child, he got shot and probably raped in prison what's uplifting about that, add also he beat his stepmother to death! I am not drinking the koolaid Frons, Guza and crew are selling. I'll take Maya, Mayan, Ethan and Johnny anyday over this crap its sick, vile and distugusting Jason, Carly and Sonnyscummy should not be allowed to breed, uplifting my ass, and also Maya isn't even frontburner that would be Lucky new, lass, Abby the stripper, and Brooklyn the druggie rapist!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gosh, there is so much useful data above!

    ReplyDelete

  Joss is shocked that Dex almost killed Cyrus. Nina leaves. Dex explains he did try to talk Sonny out of it but Sonny was insistent. He wen...