Sunday, October 14, 2018

Sunday Surgery: Memory Game

Yet another thrilling week....


Are you sick of my blogs yet? I noticed the other day I've made over 4500 posts. Yep-- 4500.  Going all the way back to 2009. That's a hell of a lot of Sunday Surgeries!!  Forgive me if I get rather--redundant at times.  You all know that I love the show. You all know I think the acting is top notch. You all know I've learned a hell of a lot how the writing, pacing and tempo can be affected by management.  That doesn't make any of this any easier.  So let's go.  

I'll have what Ava's having


Sigh... another week where I struggle to remember what happened.  Why did I name my blog Memory Game this week? Think about it:  
Mike is losing his memories...
Oscar won't make new memories...
They are still having Morgan memories...
Drew has no self-memories...
and I have to struggle with my GH memories. 

Just thought it was a common thread lately in the show. 


What the hell? Six years, no sex and your MOM walks in on us?? 

Yes, Alexis interrupted JaSam ....and then Sam wanted to take it 'slowly'.  SLOWLY ?? Any more slowly and you'll both be in the nursing home. I realize that having them dive right into passion was not the way they were going to go--but COME ON


The wine scene. 
I don't know about you but it felt awkward...and forced and just weird.  Here's a couple separated for how long, that share a son that he didn't even know was his until he came back and---
:hands in the air: 



So, I got in trouble...haven't you ever faked a tummy ache to get out of staying in for recess? 

Aiden gets a note from his teacher to give to Liz and she finds it days later. What is it about? We don't know because she has to go in and have a discussion. Given his penchant for princess pencils, could it be he's being bullied for his-- 'differences'??  Like I said the day this aired, Molly totally should have been getting her teaching degree and been in this story.  That aside, I'm hopeful that the teacher talk is done right. We shall see.  Isn't it a riot how Cam and Aiden are on now and Jake is like MIA? LOL!! 
NOTE: I love the kid playing Aiden. He's adorable and pretty natural with the acting. 



Yeah, kid...life doesn't get much better than this...just two dudes takin a stroll in the park in their gray tshirts...
Why are you talking to me? 
I like your Mom, kid... she and I have something special...
Um, you know, my name is Oscar..
Right kid, Oscar.  Here's hoping your grow old like me and find yourself a lady like your mother.
You know that's gross, right ?
Sorry, kid.....I don't have a lot of practice at this. 

So this week we continue the "Oscar-Rage" and deception of Josslyn. Cam decides to help Oscar and lets Joss see a picture that Oscar texted him with another girl. I feel like this story is so..thin.  2 kids in the library....2 kids in the park...Dr, Drew, Mamma... Mama and friend. Very disconnected. I realize soaps are on daily but damn, there's just no intensity here. 


(read this as fast as you can)  BUT!! I really REALLY REALLY REALLY want to be your mom!! I mean, I bought matching jammies for our trip, some hair bows, and I know you like horses so I bought two that matched and we can ride on the beach together and do you like Christmas? I love Christmas because it's so magical and..do you like magic? I do!! Maybe we can go to a magic show together!! Yeah!! Let's do that!!

Poor Nina... wanting a daughter so much and Sasha being-- not interested. She didn't even have the necklace part!! Given Valentin's shady meeting with Curtis on the docks, something's fishy here. 



The only good thing about Morgan's Memorial. 


How dare you come into a public cemetery and interrupt our grieving! It's only the 99th script we've gotten to play since Morgan died and I don't appreciate you breaking my concentration...Mar-GO. 



What did you say? Sorry... I was asleep. 

Oh boy...the only thing that could happen with this 'situation' is that DA Lady and Peter get together and fall in love--then leave Port Charles. 


HELLO, MICHAEL (said in "Hello Newman" voice)... look at my pretty highlights. Nice, right? Jail has been kind to me. Oh, I have a secret. A BIG ONE. Neener Neener. 


This would have gone SO much better if they would have been in lust from the start. Since it was played like a one-night-mistake, I'm not invested. Don't tell me Kiki even looked at Griffin twice until now, either. Because she didn't. So..whatever. All I want is to see Ryan kill them both because Ava hates them. Yep ...do it on Halloween and make it really scary too. HBO scary, not Lifetime scary. 


WEEK IN A NUTSHELL:

Kristina doesn't know what to do with her life and apparently being a bartender at Charlie's isn't the most exciting thing in the world. 

DA told Drew she has his memories on a stick. 

Kiki and Griffin wanna have Ze Zex. 

Morgan's still dead. (we think)

Mike likes daycare. 

Nelle's on trial 

Joss thinks Oscar likes someone else. 

Brad saw Nina at the courthouse-- and Michael too. He threw up in his mouth a little. 

Liz has a conference with Aiden's teacher. 

Finn's Dad has Lyme Disease ....Finn still doesn't like Dad.  

Sasha doesn't want much to do with Nina, Nina wants to stuff Sasha back in her womb. 


WUBS PREDICTS: 

Finn loved Dad's wife-- and possibly had an affair with her around the time they got married. Perhaps Chase is his kid? 

Ryan will kill or attempt to kill Kiki and or Griffin for Ava, thinking he's doing her a favor. 

We'll have a scene with Valentin meeting with Sasha, paying her and her feeling guilty for duping 


FACE OF THE WEEK: Josslyn basically looks like this all the time now. 


That's the end folks! I'm going to have to learn how to take my own screen cappy pictures soon because people are just not keeping up on twitter! I used to have a host to choose from--now? Not so much. Seems like people aren't doing it or-- not watching (sad face).  

I've started The Man in the High Castle this week.  Sebasian Roche (Jerry Jacks) makes an appearance.  Also saw Nanette on HBO.  Wow. Raw and just ...goes from fun to devastating.  My guilty pleasure is TLC's  "90 Day Fiance" and right now it's "Before the 90 Days". HUGE Drama on that show! Holy hell!!  What a soap opera. 

Have a great Sunday.


25 comments:

  1. Karen, thanks for the great SS, you gave me some needed laughs!

    I know that the JaSam thing is crazy, the only way it makes any sense to me is that she married Drew and still has some feelings for him and for the marriage they had, so she needs time and space before she moves on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started watching This Is Us. Tried it with hubby, of course he didn't like it, so I binged on it myself, now up to eppie 9, season 1. LOTS of folks have told me to watch it, I think the acting is really good, and I like the story, but a little too manipulative for me. I might continue to watch, might not. Anyone else here watched it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes AntJoan I've watched TIU from the beginning and it's awesome!! Season 3 just started so you've got a ways to go. Another good one is A million little things, new this season.

      Delete
  3. I tried A Million Little Things, watched 1 episode, decided I did not want to invest in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. from last week - I had COMPLETELY forgotten that Sonny killed AJ - giggle - of course the writers will probably rewrite and have that he DIDN'T kill him....

    I kinda thought Sasha didn't know about Nina NOT being her mom, but that makes MUCH more sense...I know Valentin just did all of this to get Nina back...

    things we dropped again - Carly and the patient at Ferncliff...

    fortunately we haven't seen yappy Amy in a while....'

    Drew has no chemistry with Margeaux - or Kim - well, anyone...

    it's been so long with Sam and Jason that NEW VIEWERS of the show have no clue how HOT they used to be.....come on - let's speed it along....

    I now laugh all the time that Alexis doesn't have an office - even when she was talking to Oscar on the phone she said, "I'm going back to my office" - but NOPE she did not.......gosh funny....

    missing Diane ------- and I could watch Curtis in a suit every....single......day.....



    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hanging in there so long, kd. I'm addicted to me Sunday Surgery.

    And...." HBO scary, not Lifetime scary. " LMAO.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I'm new to commenting here but I've been "lurking" reading religiously for years. I have come to trust you and your sources above all others. So, when I saw this on YouTube, yours was the first blog I thought to post to and ask the question "What is this about"???

    https://youtu.be/_5hKBM4mmxo

    Thank you for all the years of good writing, often better than the storylines themselves, for keeping me updated and invested in GH.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome GH Nana. I am new also. Love this forum

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are showing a promo for Feb 2019 and who is Adam.....lost? Definitely scratching my head.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never cared for Jason and Sam but now they just seem awkward and painful to watch. I keep reading in different places that SB called KM trash but I don't know if it's true. Ryan has my okay to off both Kiki and Griffin. I haven't liked Kiki since she sided with Sonny on Avery.
    Karen love your blogs and your style of writing, only wish you could write for the show

    ReplyDelete
  10. I watched the promo, Michelle but I don't recognize the characters. Who the heck are Roman and Adam?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh confusing for sure. The only Roman I "know" is from DAYS. As for Adam maybe Y&R? Weird.

      Delete
  11. "Are you sick of my blogs yet?"

    Hahaha! NO! :)

    "I noticed the other day I've made over 4500 posts. Yep-- 4500. Going all the way back to 2009."

    I have been going back to your past blogs too!! I'm trying to find my first post on here. I forgot when I started posting.. Will have to keep searching. :)

    "That's a hell of a lot of Sunday Surgeries!! Forgive me if I get rather--redundant at times."

    Hahahahahahahahha! No no GH is the one that is redundant!!! :)

    "Poor Nina... wanting a daughter so much and Sasha being-- not interested. She didn't even have the necklace part!! Given Valentin's shady meeting with Curtis on the docks, something's fishy here."

    Yeah my spidey senses are very tingly!!!!

    "What did you say? Sorry... I was asleep."

    ROFL!

    "All I want is to see Ryan kill them both because Ava hates them."

    Sounds good to me!!!!!

    "Yep ...do it on Halloween and make it really scary too. HBO scary, not Lifetime scary."

    Sounds good to me!!!! :)

    "Brad saw Nina at the courthouse-- and Michael too. He threw up in his mouth a little."

    ROFL! AND peed his pants!

    "Sasha doesn't want much to do with Nina, Nina wants to stuff Sasha back in her womb."

    ROFL!

    "Finn loved Dad's wife-- and possibly had an affair with her around the time they got married. Perhaps Chase is his kid?"

    I sure hope Finn is Chase's father! :)

    "Ryan will kill or attempt to kill Kiki and or Griffin for Ava, thinking he's doing her a favor."

    I hope it's not just an attempt!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. "GH Nana said...Hi, I'm new to commenting here but I've been "lurking" reading religiously for years."

    Welcome to the blog!!! :)

    "I have come to trust you and your sources above all others. So, when I saw this on YouTube, yours was the first blog I thought to post to and ask the question "What is this about"???

    https://youtu.be/_5hKBM4mmxo"

    Huh!?!?!?! That is strange. I'm confused.. I wonder if it's a fake promo. I mean they showed Dante, and a long haired Roger Howarth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Not only that Sonya but who are Roman and Adam? Plus it's for NEXT yr...odd.

      Delete
  13. I watched that thing on Youtube. Looks like someone "spoofed" something. Looks like stuff is spliced from old clips and weird stuff added??????? Hmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  14. You forgot the 1,000,000 mentions of Dante this week. And the setting up of a Lulu/Peter/Maxi triangle. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  15. "Michelle Latta said...Exactly! Not only that Sonya but who are Roman and Adam?"

    ROFL! Yeah the only Roman and Adam I know, were on Y&R!

    "Plus it's for NEXT yr...odd."

    YES!!!!! Very odd!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Karen I forgot to mention, it's possible we aren't seeing the actor who plays Jake because he's doing DWTS:Juniors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Hudson got voted off so I guess we'll see him soon. Poor guy he cried a little. 😢

      Delete
  17. Yep, that promo was weird. I'll bet it's spoof, too.

    I'm all for Ryan offing Kiki and Griffin, though I do like Kiki. Totally snorted about Nina stuffing Sasha back in her womb, oh Karen... you are a hoot!

    From Friday's show, Sam was being the Krissie Whisperer again with Alexis, and I'm sick of it. The constant tippy-toeing around that brat is unbelievable. :(

    Thank you Karen for all of the blog posts, and Sunday Surgeries. You're the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. "Julie H said...From Friday's show, Sam was being the Krissie Whisperer again with Alexis, and I'm sick of it. The constant tippy-toeing around that brat is unbelievable. :("

    Yeah I hate it and I'm sick of it too!!!

    ReplyDelete

  Joss is shocked that Dex almost killed Cyrus. Nina leaves. Dex explains he did try to talk Sonny out of it but Sonny was insistent. He wen...