Sunday, July 28, 2024

Sunday Surgery: BREAK

 


Wasn't sure I was up for this after 2 days of not watching the show. I did keep up somewhat on Twitter and with Sonya's recaps but that was about the extent of my Thurs-Friday viewing. If you don't know why I needed a break, look down in the blog and see what broke me! When you want to be entertained and you're just not getting it, well, time to go and take a little chill pill instead of complaining. 

Let's see what I can conjure  up for today's round-up, shall we? 



PIN THE TAIL ON THE PIKEMAN? Is it really over? Nah.. I mean, maybe the Valentin part is for now but the fallout is still going. Jagger is still going to hold Jason to the fire, he's also after Sonny now. I don't even know what's going on with Brennan but I'm sure he'll pop back up soon. Anna's basically compromised her job and an entire FBI case (and lied to Laura) so.. what's going to happen with all that??  I'm not really invested so.. don't care much. 

Photo Credit: Chupabaca


CARLY BANSHEE WOMAN is alive and well. I did really like her scenes the first day with Jason and her losing her mind. By day 2 I had a headache and can't imagine what Laura Wright was going through. I saw clips on day 3-4 and her screaming to 'arrest her'-- and welp. Who here thinks Carly will go to jail for any length of time? 




THE INTERVIEW.  I won't go into the optics of Perez Hilton or his past but let's just say this soft-ball questioning of Blaze and Kristina didn't warrant having him on the show. Seriously. THAT was a 'hard hitting" interview?? What finally drove me away was the storytelling on this whole thing. It's not Blaze's mother that's the bad person...no. It's Ava who taped it. 
Ring a bell? Remember Nina? As someone pointed out on Twitter, she's now the Nina who was the bad guy for turning in Drew/Carly to the SEC.  Same plot points. Same plot channel. *sigh* How did we get here? Ava is such a complex and rich character and she's reduced to standing in her hotel room, holding a martini trying to get sympathy from a town that hates her. 


MY EGG OR YOURS?  Did anyone NOT see this coming?  Kristina threatens to not sign the custody papers over to her sister because she and her husband "fight". Girl, come on now. Kristina looks so dumb in this. If you want to keep that baby because you've bonded, own up to it all. She's also acting like she's been in a relationship with Alison for years and years. Molly did have a great line about 'lesbians and onezies" that I heard but--again, meh. 


CUSTODY CRUSH. Let's face it. Neither one would win in a court of law when it comes to bad deeds in their past. Sonny's fighting to keep Avery away from Ava--the very person he put up for months because she was in danger. This court battle has been done before and again and again. It's just not a story I want to revisit. 


DREW AND THE FIELD MOUSE.  I mean.. again, showcasing Drew's abs and talking about how zexy he is doesn't make it so. Also see: Don't care. 


JASON. Hey, just pick Carly, will ya? You've given up your kids, your life and your soul to her anyway so just shut up and get it going.  You are both a half a century old and this 'dance' or whatever you're doing is just tedious. 


NEWS AND NOTES:  Rick Hearst is back as Ric Lansing in mid August. You know Molly's going to ask his legal advice about the baby. I'm sure Sonny will be on Kristina's side and the brotherly jabs will fly! 


That's all I'm going to do today. Hope YOU enjoyed the shows. Dave has pegged me coming back by Wednesday but we shall see. It is summer and there are a lot of other things to do! 

10 comments:

  1. "What finally drove me away was the storytelling on this whole thing. It's not Blaze's mother that's the bad person...no. It's Ava who taped it. Ring a bell? Remember Nina? As someone pointed out on Twitter, she's now the Nina who was the bad guy for turning in Drew/Carly to the SEC."

    Arrggh! Yes, this times 100! I detest how they always manage to turn Sonny and Carly into the aggrieved parties. It's infuriating.

    Also, the Sonny/Carly/Jason dance is getting old. Can't they give them some new material to perform? I worry about the show's long-term future with the slop we're being fed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Jarly stuff just puzzles me. It's like they are twins with this loyalty bond or something. It's gross after awhile. I still say they need to focus on younger people because even us "VETS" like that. Watching old people make junior mistakes all the time is zzzzzzzzz

      Delete
  2. Laura's "headache" says it all about the show. Haven't watched now in awhile, which makes me so sad since I've been watching for 46 years on and off (mostly on). I seriously think someone is trying to take the show off the air.

    Thank you as always for your hard work and this blog Karen.

    Happy Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even on break we have a fine SS! Thanks.
    My belief is that it is okay to complain about GH and politics! lol Both unreal in different ways.
    The whole RICO thing is laughable. No jail time for Carly, unless it's the way she is reunited with the missing Mr. Brennan.
    Drew (CM) is not appealing to me at all, no matter how hard they try.
    Some of the dialogue has improved but the show is still all over the place with too many cast members who are not needed. And some who should be featured who are lost in that darn closet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find it interesting that JPS still hasn't commented on leaving GH, so maybe he isn't? I don't think Brennan is with him and I still think Brennan will help Carly. I REALLY wanted Pikeman over, but my gosh it was one episode where Anna is still a whiny person and BOOM it's over.....are people NOT gonna learn the truth? Is Anna NOT tell SOnny that Pikeman is OVER????
    -------for weeks I felt that Ava was being driven down a road where she was gonna be killed and then again BOOM looks like Cates is gonna get shot......and Sonny is blamed?
    ------Ava and Natalia is THE worst storyline in a while.....Natalia shouda been long gone by now....
    ------it's my weekly where is Marshall, Selina, Cyrus, Marshall, Stella
    and my 2nd ----- RIC can come back but not Taggart?
    -----ZERO interest in the surrogacy and Kate Mansi - her SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS on every word drives me nuts - she did NOT do that as Abigail on Days
    ------GH is just horrible right now......ooooohhh and the pill storyline is bizarre - Sonny is calm and then not - and I guess Ava will blame others for pill swap and no one will know it's Valentin who started it but STILL horrible that she is doing it AGAIN.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also do not understand the Jason-Carly bond anymore. This guy has kids now. Years ago, okay, he was needy, had damage from the accident, bonded to Carly, got it. But now he's been willing to stay away from hi s children to protect Carly?! It's not believable and it's sickening to watch.

    ReplyDelete

Sunday Surgery: False Arrest

  I have so much to do this weekend, I'll try to keep this short and sweet. It may be hard because the show really was dialog heavy and ...