Sunday, July 9, 2023

Sunday Surgery: I Need A Cookie

 

I had to steal this from Soap Central 

I guess it must be the summer curse but GH is on my last nerve. I couldn't even take it enough to stick around Friday. BUT!! I have to say when I watch it on Hulu, it's SO much better because no commercials and it goes fast. LOL

You know we are having Shirley Temples before Violet drinks them all. 

NOTE: Thank you to Soap Central for the photo. There were none to be found. 

THREE: The number of Shirley Temples Violet downed on GH 

There was an absolute LACK of fan photos on Twitter this week. I mean.. ZERO. I even poached one from a soap site that has their watermark on it!! I hope I don't go to jail.  So many people not watching, I'm scared to look at the ratings. Maybe it's vacation.. but.. I have a feeling it's something else. We shall see. 


WEIRD OF THE WEEK:
Was Drew going to Pentonville weird? NO. Was Cyrus giving him a shiv weird? NO. Was Drew dropping off Ned's "favorite guitar" to Sonny's the minute before he goes there weird. HELL YES.  I mean.. what?? Um, ok. And Ned wasn't even there. We've not seen him since last week. I GUESS it was to give Sonny a chance to let Drew know he could "help' him behind bars. OMG, text the man next time. 



WEIRD #2 OF THE WEEK:  Um.. so, Valentin left Marty POA when he went to Chechnya to help find Nikolas. So Tracey asks him to step in as temp CEO OF ELQ.  POA. CEO. ELQ. Ha ha. But.. it's weird. At least it gets Martin and Tracey on screen more. 



BONE MARROW UPDATE OF THE WEEK: DAMN!! Willow gets to go home!! It's only been 99million days since she went into the hospital. Everyone that visits her has to wear a mask and she only gets a few to include in her 'circle'. Some rando nurse made SUCH an impression on her, she's including Nina!! WOW! What could go wrong?? Could it possibly be that Nina turned in Crew for their crimes?? Time's a ticking. You can settle in and watch Willow stay in the gatehouse for eons having conversations that mean nothing. You're welcome. 


Hey man, Scott Baldwin is bad news 

Noted. 

I mean, really.... he's not a good guy

Okay

Well, wanna talk about summer camp again?

Thought you'd never ask. 


DAVIS GIRLS OF THE WEEK: They go get their nails done at an empty salon (someone fun could run that place) and then hop to The Savoy. The only thing note worthy is that Molly overhears Kristina thinking she could be a surrogate for the baby. I'm sure Molly is like: Yeah, make this all about YOU, Krissy! 

(                          See photo at the beginning of the blog...that's all I got, baby) 

GARBAGE PATOL OF THE WEEK: So, Felicia has Mac and James help her with Martin's trash. Poor James finally asks to leave and get a cookie. Felicia tells Lucy what she found and now they are both off to Pine Valley. Please let this be a good story. We need it. 


Wait, why are we having dinner together? 

I have no idea

Don't you have some incurable, horrible disease?

I have no idea. 


REPEAT AND REPEAT OF THE WEEK:
Hey, did you know VIOLET set Finn and Liz up? NO?? Well, she'll tell you. And Finn...and then talk about it with Terry...then Portia. Such conflict. 


POOL PARTY OF THE WEEK : A Whole lotta people are at The Metro Pool!! Jordan, Zeke, Curtis, Portia, Dante, Anna, Sonny.. Pool Boy #3. SHOTS RING OUT!! Who's hit? Someone does get shot and SOD says "it changes a families life forever".. (we hear that ALL the time). I have to think it's Sonny? Anna was just shot. Could be Curtis but spoilers say TJs assists on a surgery..  would he assist on Curtis?? I guess we'll find out Monday. 


WEEK IN A WUBSHELL:  

Drew goes off to jail, Cyrus is his welcoming committee

Carly is sad and wants to sell the house

Felicia finds out information on Martin that ties him to Pine Valley

Brook admits she took the files; but not why

Sasha overhears Brook and Tracey talking about the files after she takes her 'new pill'

Portia is sad about everything

Elizabeth tells Finn about their date, then Terry then Portia

Kristina thinks she can surrogate Molly and TJ's baby

Tracey asks Diane to represent her in a business matter then asks Martin to be CEO of ELQ 

Scott and Cody make a deal about the whole Toliver necklace thing 

Sonny asks Dante to be his best man 

Someone is shot at The Metro Pool 


NEWS AND NOTES:  Threads has started! It's the new social media sensation that's hooked to your IG account (and by default, Facebook). MANY soapers have gone over there but because there are no hashtags yet, it's tough to find everyone. Unfortunately for me, Threads is directly associated with my IG account that has my full name and info. I try to keep SOME of my life separate from this. ERGO, no Wubs Net on there yet. I'm still live tweeting on Twitter. If that changes I'll let you know. 


As you can see, this blog is short/short. The show is just mainly a repeat of conversations upon conversations. If you take everything individually, it's interesting but it's all rolled into a blob of "fluff" and trying to stretch things out. I mean, the whole Tracey/Marty/Diane thing could be good. Felicia and Lucy going to Pine Valley? I like it. Molly and TJ having a story and more Davis girl scenes? Like it. BUT then there's just so much other junk going on. Example: the Toliver necklace. It could have been interesting if it had happened way back when it started. Like months ago. Now? I don't care. Gladys? Don't care. Sasha? Man, leave that girl alone. I don't even care about this Sonny "threat of a new boss" junk. Where is Greg's story? Not that it matters but I'm side-eyeing everything. I don't think he should be holding Violet btw. I mean, the man fell down. 

So there you have it!! Spoilers say that Joss tears into Esme so she must think she's flirting with Spencer. *sigh*. Someone is shot and has an operation. Leo is going to freak out. 

CHEERS and BEERS! See you Monday! 

17 comments:

  1. Too much Carly. Too much piling on Sasha and Nina . Shut up Joss. Stay cool Karen and thanks for the chuckles. Two weeks sweltering here in PA. and another week coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The show is a mess right now and it's not just due to the writer's strike, as it's been this way for a while now.

    The only storyline I am enjoying at the moment is the Tracy stuff involving Deception, mostly because it's starting to bring a diverse group of characters together like Felicia, Tracy, Mac, Martin and the guy coming from "AMC."

    I worry about ABC's commitment to "GH." Why would they allow this situation to go on if they were concerned about the show's long-term future? I hope I am wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't actually watched in months. Just getting recaps. That being said, what happened with Elizabeth's mental issues? I thought she had DID, or mental blackouts. Also, what happened to Gregory? Is he still alive? If so, is he still seeing Alexis?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They dropped to DID thing, for her mother brainwashed her, and then that ended with a "dud". What does Gregory have? I don't even remember as we don't see him much. Was it MS? And, now he is just fine???? I am confused. I love this blog, but wow they just don't care about GH anymore :(

      Delete
    2. He has ALS!! Like that's NOT even close to being able to be cured! He's had no symptoms in awhile. AND he was holding Violet. Um.. NO

      Delete
  4. I haven't watched in about a month. I also just read the recaps. It is too disjointed for me. They need to tighten it up. Stories drag on forever or don't make sense. Stories that have potential aren't revisited for weeks. You start losing interest. The Nina FCC story is just going on too long as is Gladys and her gambling debts. Don't care anymore about Portia and Curtis. They can't seem to figure out what to do with Elizabeth. That ship sailed along time ago with Finn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for another great SS! Don't know how you do it.
    I didn't mind the dinner scene. We saw the start, drinks, the middle, food on table, and the end, coffee and goodbyes...all in one episode. That is something.
    Portia's voice grates on my brain. If I can't FF I mute her. Never mind the same conversations over and over.
    GH is a mess in so many ways. Willow...99 million days!! LOL And Neddie just disappears from what should be a big story.
    Greg was diagnosed with ALS...it doesn't go away. Soaps were not meant to be full of doom and gloom all the time. But GH is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks zazu, Gregory's story was dropped and I couldn't remember what he had because they are doing such a poor job of it. Really makes me upset because they have the potential. Mike's Alzheimer's story was done very well.

      Delete
    2. Ned's just VANISTHING was dumb.. they should have shown him on a bus to Toledo or something??? At least that would explain why he's not in any scenes.

      Delete
  6. ---I think Curtis is shot and I want Stella to be his biological mom like I've thought AND maybe we find out he isn't Trina's dad (but I think it's too soon for that)
    ----I also don't think Sonny is the real target cause out in public is not a Sonny enemy move.
    ------Greg's MS isn't mentioned but I STILL see more sparks between Greg and Tracy than he is with Alexis
    -----I have to repeat my audible groaning when Sonny said the wedding is in the FALL! November sweeps when they are probably at the altar and Nina is caught with what she did....NOVEMBER!
    -----Yep we don't EVEN look for Phyllis anymore......
    ------Terry was on NOT cause of being an oncologist but to listen to Liz AGAIN? get together - break up - who cares?
    ------Newbies ain't doing it for me.
    ----IF Jackson on the 12th isn't something good, then I have no faith in GH anymore....worst storylines ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I forgot to mention the TERRY THING!! She wasn't on for a second of the Willow stuff and SHE'S THERE TO LISTEN TO LIZ??????? Terry should have been that rando "NURSE" with the advice or something. At least tell her she can go home?

      Delete
  7. Crumbl cookies $4 each. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE them tho..the sugar ones. I cut them like a pizza and eat it in 1/4ths LOL

      Delete
  8. How fun would it be if the shooter was after ZEKE? I don't think he's a good guy--and no one suspect him!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is summer. Aside from one roll in the hay with Ava & Austin we should be enjoying some summer lovin (Sprina, Marty & Lucy, Chase & Brooklyn, show Robert trying to woo Diane, give Kristina a story wih Dex). Instead, we have our talented actresses dressed in long sleeves. Good gravy!

    ReplyDelete

Another Day

  It's time to try to watch the show.  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------...