Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Young Doctors in Love

 


Who remembers this?

In my opinion, it wasn't that great. I do remember this coming out, and I hoped for some good slapstick and good humor and parody, but it was awful to tell you the truth. Maybe someday I will revisit it and now that I am MORE into General Hospital than I was back then I can appreciate it even more.

From Wikipedia, these are the soap stars that cameo'd on Young Doctors in Love:

Soap actors John Beradino, Emily McLaughlin, Michael Damian, Steven Ford, Chris Robinson, Stuart Damon, Jaime Lyn Bauer, Tom Ligon, Kin Shriner, Janine Turner, and Jacklyn Zeman make cameos, while Susan Lucci, Cynthia Geary, Patrick Macnee and Demi Moore appear in uncredited cameos.


Rumor has it, they are trying to remake Soapdish into a series for Paramount+. It's in limbo right now. With today's writers, it might be good. Soapdish was great. Lots of good lines, etc. I still sometimes quote "trip to the mall" and am amazed when someone recognizes that.


Any comments on either film? Karen here! Dave was kind enough to do this blog because I'm out today frolicking. I saw Soapdish-- LOVED it but have not seen Young Doctors in Love. Who knew Robert Downey Jr was in Soapdish?? Totally forgot that. 

Please leave all comments on today's show in below!! 

7 comments:

  1. I think Wikipedia's wrong. Patrick Macnee doesn't appear uncredited in Young Doctors in Love, since his name is in the cast list on the poster.

    Robert Downey Jr. looks like he is checking out Teri Hatcher's cleavage on the Soap Dish picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you are right. I cant find the movie streaming anywhere. But AI and internet have a tendency to be wrong nowadays

      Delete
  2. I never saw young doctors in love. I just checked on Tubi, and it doesn't have it, or I would have put it on the list. Soapdish is a great movie!!! :)

    Q mansion:

    Michael, Willow, and Gio: Willow confronts Michael about drugging her! Gio has the look of oh crap on his face. ROFL! Gio wants to leave, but Willow wants him there to be a witness. Gio got the hell out of there like the place is on fire. ROFL!

    Michael and Willow: Michael wants Willow to have the kids all week. I think he feels bad about what Jocinda did.

    Bobbie's:

    Kai and Trina: She is so worried about her dad. Kai wants her to talk to him. She is scared that her dad will go to jail.

    Kai, Trina, and Gio: Gio tells them about what is happening with Michael and Willow. Kai says that Michael wouldn't do that.

    Michael, Kai, and Trina: Trina and Kai finally tells him the truth about Willow shooting the Toad Drew! HAHAHAHA! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

    Nina's home:

    Nina and Willow: Nina is on the phone with work. She had a meeting that she didn't know about. Jacinda made the meeting and didn't tell her, but now she is out of the country! Hey where is Brennan? He was supposed to go see Nina. Was it off screen? Willow is so furious she wants full custody of the kids!

    Portia's home:

    Portia and Gannon: Gannon wants to know what Portia wants the verdict to be. Well Portia wants him to be found not guilty for the kids sake. She is thinking of the kids. Gannon got a phone call. The verdict is in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNN.

    Metrocourt patio:

    Drew the Toad and Jurtis: The toad is being nice to Curtis and Portia.

    Jurtis: Jordan talks to Curtis about what V.C. told her about him being there at the accident. I thought she would be furious with Curtis, but nope. Marty shows up to tell them that the verdict is in!! DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNN!

    Toad and Marty: Toad wants to break Sonny!!! Someone should break Toad!

    Sonny's home:

    Sonny and Rocco: Great scene! Rocco thinks he relies on his parents too much. He also doesn't want them to worry. Sonny says kids always need their parents. It's a two way street. Rocco thinks he screwed up everything, Sonny says he didn't! There was a little blooper there with Sonny. He also says that parents always worry.

    Sonny and Ric: Sonny tells Ric that that Jason quit, and he is going to quit. Sonny tells Ric he wants Ric to tell him the truth and not be a yes man!

    Metrocourt rooftop pool:

    Scout and her daddy: Her daddy really wants Scout to stay away from Danny Cheeto, and Scout was giving him attitude at first, but then she just sat there at listened to him. Come on Scout don't do that! Keep arguing with him.

    Scout and Rocco: Rocco feels hot. Scout says go for a swim, but he can't he is working. Scout says what's that? He looks in the pool, and I was thinking is she going to push him in? YES SHE DID HAHAHAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe I am saying this but I hope Michael isn't blackmailing Willow - I hope he is telling her enough is enough - they have to get along, and they WILL take a family trip
    ------The extent that I hate Drew is scary....
    -----again WHY can't Scout be rebellious and mean?
    ]-----Which is soapier? Curtis guilty or not guilty?
    -----and back to Trina and Kai - I really wish we had heard the whole thing and that they told him Alexis knows.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Curtis not guilty. Sets up war between the two

      Delete
  4. I found the full movie on YouTube. It's as bad as I remembered. But you should give it a try if you want to see some soap stars from the past.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How is drew justifying keeping scout away from alexis and molly? Are they dangerous too? Does scout not care abt not seeing them?
    She's old enough to take him to court over this....
    Ugh there is no good verdict, either way this story continues.
    Finally Kai and Trina do something abt willow.
    Its very weird how reasonable michael has been w willow lately.and shes so spiteful and hateful and entitled.

    ReplyDelete

Dunkeroo

  It's time for another MONDAY!! ... YEP. Here we are, the last day of AUGUST.  OY!  So some recast is coming soon according to Steve Bu...