Sunday, August 30, 2026

Sunday Surgery: Movin' On Up

 


I thought maybe if I looked at this week's GH as a sitcom, it all would fall into place. The Joe/Lucas situation is VERY "Three's Company" with the misunderstandings and cheeky dialog. So, perhaps THAT'S what the direction of the show is. Multi-camera comedy?? Maybe? 

Either way we have to get through the week so grab what you got and let's GO GO: 



SPIN CITY: Laura decides to name highly unpopular Ezra Boyle as acting Mayor while she's in Ireland. What could possibly go wrong? I'm seeing the city sewer system backing up and maybe a zoo-animal break. 


GET SMART:
  If you're old enough you remember this /60s show that featured a guy with a shoe as a phone. That's how I'm picturing Joss running JJE. She's only doing it because it's a WSB assignment so... What could possibly go wrong? 



THE GHOST AND MRS MUIR: Again, you have to be older but this was a sitcom involving a lady and the ghost she lived with. He caused all sorts of havoc. Here's Anna having a panic attack in the Metro Elevator while he dramatically gives her directions for handling Valentin. I put a photo of the ghost in the TV show and well, you can see why I thought of it. 


MODERN FAMILY:
Oh how I WISH it was that good!!Sonny has a BBQ and everyone's invited, even the ADA. WHY? Donna's playing matchmaker to make her "daddy smile". Confusion all around!! Why would she bring such a huge box of cupcakes to a gathering she thought was for 3 people? Why was she so good at cornhole? Yes, Cornhole was a HUGE part of this party along with Ric's jealousy and Gio defending his mother. We even had a missing kid like on Family Matters: Avery. She WAS there but--"upstairs". 


THE EX'S
: TV Land had a show by this name and I'm not sure if it included 1/2 naked men all the time but I'll assume it did. Here's Chase-- for the 66th time, just dropping by why Willow is in distress. Gosh, she's having SUCH trouble in her life!! Everyone is so mean to her. SO mean. Only Chase and his Chest can protect her! Hey, that's a great name for a show: Chase and His Chest! 



BARNEY MILLER:  Wacky police type show with an inexplicable warden who looks like the Shawshank guy, looking out for a man convicted of assault. They are really worried about him NOT getting parole in 2 years! He was a former DEA officer!! Must be protected!! So, they have a 'Special Housing Unit" for him to go live in (regular cell btw) with another "high-profile' inmate.   You  know it will be Jenz Sidwell!! Will they become Bosom Buddies in jail and break out wearing lady costumes? Can't wait! 


BETTER OFF TED:
  Corporation,  man/woman attraction. That's about all I have with this one. Talk about a boring start for Serena Baldwin. I was only happy when Nina thought she was a hooker. 


CHEERS:
Ok, so only because its set in a bar! Drew had Ava put an over the counter sleeping pill into Jack's drink so he could rifle through his office for a file. Having Ava stoop to this is just stupid. I'll talk about that later. Drew is sidelined by Laura who suddenly needs to be peace maker with him and Sonny. :eyeroll: 




THE BEST THING THIS WEEK BY A MILE: There was a set of scenes so good and acted so well, they were about the only story worth tuning into. Alexis confronted Willow about her shooting Drew and threatening Kai and Trina. NLG was SO damn good. Kate held her own but watching Nancy was just awesome. 



THE WORST THING THIS WEEK BY A MILE: Forget all the dull boring convos like Anna/Jordan and Isaiah and...you know that guy Tristan. The REAL thing that pissed me off was the Sonny and Ava confrontation. We know Ava/Sonny have been at odds for years. Hell, she even switched his medication. BUT-- that was under the rug for a long time and they were actually civil and fine for awhile. Then?? What? We need a story to put her with Drew? Anyway, Sonny rips into Ava in a vicious fashion not seen since Erica Kane. He called her a cancer and told her the whole family hated her. I mean, it was just so abrupt and full of vitriol I was wondering if I missed a whole chunk of their story. GEESH!! That, coupled with the fact we NEVER SEE AVERY made it all the more puzzling. By the way, Ava did drop Avery off but she was not seen. Baffling. Are they going to SORA her or something? Makes no sense. 




WARDROBE MALFUNCTION: Is it me or is Willow trying to look like a 14 year old in the year of our lord 1976? Because... eesh. Those shoes could be Candies. 



THE WEEK IN A WUBSHELL: 

Joss' new office is the Q Boathouse and Hudson isn't happy she is taking over JJE. He makes a mysterious phone call after speaking with her. We are all hoping it's Jerry Jacks as played by Sebastian Roche. 

Laura is leaving for Ireland...some time. 

Kai tells a frantic Trina that Willow's on the war path.

Martin gives Drew a zip drive to erase Jack's file on him. 

Scout and Rocco get closer by playing corn hole at the Q Boathouse

Felicia tells Brennan to F-off when he asks for Anna information

Anna suffers a panic attack at the Metro..Val runs after her

Carly's cool with Val and Anna's relationship because she has that with Jason 

SO MANY PEOPLE talked about the stupid accident and "who's fault" and such-- and I'm so over it all. 

Serena wants to use refillable glass bottles with Deception Products.

Nina threatened Brennan in front of a full Metro Court patio


If this Hudson and Joss nonsense leads to Jerry Jacks, I'm here for it. I'm afraid we won't know who he's even talking to for months upon months. Also, is Jax dead? Hmmm... The show was so without direction this week it was a chore to watch. No follow up on Gio's refusal to be a show-couple with Trina, no shaky cam stalker-- and scenes thrown in on top of each other that had nothing to do with furthering any storyline. SO many 2 people convos around the pool, restaurant and patio I lost count. Even the BBQ was dull. So, here we are--building on whatever is coming next. I don't know about you but thinking of the endless Curtis/Jenz scenes in that prison cell just might send me over the edge. 

HOPE YOU LIKED THIS WEEK because being crabby just isn't fun!! The best blog post was by David for my birthday--now that was fun!! 

CHEERS! 

THX to my crew; David, Sloan and Sonya!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Surgery: Movin' On Up

  I thought maybe if I looked at this week's GH as a sitcom, it all would fall into place. The Joe/Lucas situation is VERY "Three...