Friday, April 13, 2018

The Show and POP Wubs



I skipped yesterday, I know. I'll write more about that in Sunday's Surgery. Maybe I'll watch today? I will catch up though. 


I'm watching all the Emmy Reels on you tube. Very fascinating, I've never done it before. I also only watch GH so this was a treat! Very objective because I didn't know many of the back stories or watched the actors all year. I based it on the reels alone. If you want to watch, go to You Tube and find Daytime Emmys--they are all up there. 

PS. Roger, Finola and I think Michelle all chose not to submit . 

So much is going on in the world and our own news sometimes turning the TV off helps. (not sure in this case). Having Tillie sure does--she continues to wear me out!! Wow--Puppies are work. It was supposed to warm up but now we are looking at ICE this weekend and 20 degree temps.  Poor 5 pound Matilda is just being punished!! (me too!!) 

POP WUBS: 


I'm going to see Isle of Dogs this weekend.  Can't wait. My son is into Wes Anderson --and it looks great. My next one will be The Quiet Place!! EEEE!! I want to see it in the theater too. I won't take candy wrappers in! Any of you see it? 



My recent binges:  We finished Season 1 and 2 of Gomorrah on Netflix. There's a season 3 but it's not dropped in the US yet. It's an Italian show about drug running and excellent. It's subtitled but amazing-- and shows you parts of Italy you've never seen.  Lemony Snicket is back on and it's just a joy. I love the humor-- and the acting is just excellent.  Season 2 looks as fun as season one!  Over on Amazon, one of my FAVES of all time, Sneaky Pete dropped. I'm only on Ep 4 because we've been busy and hell, I watch too many shows at once!!  We are also DVRing Trust  (FX) -- the story of J Paul Getty III . You want a snapshot of the early 70's?? Welp. This is it! I remember the events happening and although I was really young, the ear thing certainly stayed with me.  BTW, the music alone is worth a tune in!  (On AMC)  Lastly, BBCA has a new show called "Killing Eve" starring Sandra Oh.  Looks so good. The first episode was awesome. 

One more thing--if you are into true crime and love the ID channel, Shattered and Evil Lives Here are just excellent.  Some shows on there can just be canned stories on there, straight from Forensic Files and redressed with cheesy acting. These are with real people and amazing. 

I'd love to tell you what book I'm reading but MISS TILLIE keeps me from doing that! 

What are you watching, reading..???  I can only hope it's warmer where you are than here! 

5 comments:

  1. Karen, 20 degrees in April?? I grew up in Buffalo and certainly know about cold springs, but I don't remember it being THAT cold in April . . . In Brooklyn it is supposed to be 70s today, near 80 tomorrow, then only in the 40s on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in Buffalo too, AntJoan. The forecast is for the 20s tomorrow night. The record is 24 in 1992. Hope we don't beat that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A quiet place was very good. Im not big on monster movies, but the acting and directing was phenominal.

    i want to see the Getty series because I saw the movie ALl the money in the world and was enthralled by it.

    Another great film I saw was Chappaquiddick. Very informative and well done. Will all political stories, you never know what is true or not, but it makes you research on your own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen you didn't miss anything yesterday. I ff thru 30 minutes and then deleted it. Hope today is better. As for those shows, unfortunately I don't watch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I was just scrolling past April (your site is a heaven for me, when I don't have time to watch GH and I have to know if it's worth, especially when I have a month to catch up, your opinions are like law haha). I also loved Gomorrah and since you liked it so much I'll give you some trivia: everybody except people who live in Naples (the rest of Italy included) watches it with subtitles, because we can't understand their dialect.

    ReplyDelete

  Joss is shocked that Dex almost killed Cyrus. Nina leaves. Dex explains he did try to talk Sonny out of it but Sonny was insistent. He wen...