Sunday, October 9, 2016

Sunday Surgery: Holy Smoke

Um, is it hot out here? 

I was sick all week, and watched here and there. Ergo, the blog is going to be brief and self-indulgent.  Burnt Toast is on the menu. 



FILLER and BEANS: 



The only thing I'm saying about Jules/Alexis is this: WTF she doesn't change the LOCKS? I'm sorry but that's sloppy.  Having him come into her house all the time to yap... UGH. And he's all "you might have a problem"? Welp.
Glad Anna showed up.  NLG and FH are brilliant.  Turning Alexis into an alcoholic? Eh..not my fave. 




Morgan thinks it's Kiki and Dilly but it was Olivia and Nedly? LMAO. Rando Hook Up to push Morgan over the edge. Nice bait-switch. Since they are never on tho, don't care.  Morgan runs into waste of space Nell at Floating Rib.  Trying to make her relevant I see.  Good try but--nah.



Dilly and Kiki. Kiki is so tolerable with him. Dilly is tolerable with her. I really could live without either one though. 

People yelling at Julian for being a bastard-- People yelling at Paul for being a bastard. UGH.  I'm sure someone will be yelling at Franco soon for being a bastard too. The show is just full of 'em, isn't it?  Speaking of....


SONNY AND THE RETRIBUTION (alt title: But I went to Catholic School!!) 

Watching Sonny talk to God so so many times on GH is just lost on me.  Now he can talk to pretty-Griffin which did make it more tolerable.  Although, didn't they just do this in the Hospital Chapel? 


"God sees my heart and he knows why I do it"... Sonny totally snowing himself.  Powerful stuff leading up to Friday.  Sonny just digging himself into a hole. Sonny says he's not just doing it "for me" which is deflection. It is an interesting look into his twisted psyche.  He can justify anything with or without the trinity on his side.  Griffin asking about Sonny living with blood on his hands is like asking a fish to look at it's own scales. 



On his children: "Nothing will happen to my children, I protect them from my business". Ok, did everyone like collectively heave at that line? Sonny is SO self-delusional!! I used to get peeved at this kind of dialog. I think right now they are doing a study on Sonny's twisted psychopathy of life. It's not so much the "Sonny can do no wrong" anymore but "look at how sad this poor, misguided man is--please pity him."   Not that he needs our pity. The best thing to happen to Sonny is he goes insane by what he's done and jumps off the highest PC tower.  Maybe he'll remember the whole almost blowing up Krissy when he tried to kill Johnny that time.  Delusion at it's finest.



MORGAN: BOOM.  Having Ava come into Jake's was great. She, all dressed in angel-white, the catalyst for Morgan's self-destruction. He's downing Vodkas. This story could have actually played out without her messing with his medication btw.
TJ randomly just pops up. Either recast him or give the kid a sweet deal to sign-on. This random stuff? Maddening.  

Jason sees Morgan get out of the car and it explodes. Morgan could have totally survived that, right? He'll be burned maybe and have to go get fixed at a burn center. Come back with a new face when they decide. 
We'll just have to wait and see!

Elephant in the room: Sonny could be the one that didn't set that bomb. He did say "make it look like an accident"-- and a bomb isn't an accident. So, it could have been someone else trying to kill ol' Jules.  Would figure into GH's the Myth of Sonny. 




SCENE OF THE WEEK: I just love their chem. So many beats missed making him go back/forth. She looks just like the angle of death here.



PROP OF THE WEEK:  Q boat oar.

Sorry this is really short. I wasn't even going to do one but since Morgan might be dead, I figured I'd better get going. 

Have a good week. I'm glad I have Monday off to sleep more! Now I'm coughing like there's no tomorrow. 
OH! PS-- I hope you watched SNL last night. Brilliant. 

Thx to @Daytime_Spoiler for the pics

16 comments:

  1. I'm glad you posted. I'm in S. Florida and we had local news on all week with regard to Hurricane Matthew. I missed GH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, you are STILL sick, oh, sooo sorry, hope you feel better soon! Have you ever tried wild oil of oregano? It is an amazing herb that kills bacteria, viruses and parasites. It has a companion book "The Cure is in the Cupboard," which goes into how to use it for almost all illness/ailments. I am NEVER without it! Also, if you first feel like something is coming on, you can take Sambucol, which is elderberry syrup, and prevents viruses from replicating.

    When I was interning, I spent one year in a school for children with developmental delays ages 0 - 5. I was sick almost the entire year--got several flus, conjunctivitis, etc. Teachers there told me it would take 3 years to become immune to everything, but after I finished that internship, I vowed never to work in a school again. After I became a psychotherapist, you basically don't get paid if you don't work, so I decided not to get sick. Between the Sambucol and the wild oil of oregano, I think I have averaged taking about 2 days off sick per year--and I've been doing this for about 16 years now!

    Re GH, I just have to say: Where the F is Christina? She should be in the Alexis story, plus, WTF happened to her? Is she in school? Is she lying in a heap heartbroken over Parker? Hello, Christina, are you out there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the Surgery. I hope you're feeling better soon.


    kdmask said... Sonny could be the one that didn't set that bomb. He did say "make it look like an accident"-- and a bomb isn't an accident. So, it could have been someone else trying to kill ol' Jules. Would figure into GH's the Myth of Sonny.

    *** Now that would make an interesting twist, not one I'd expect from these writers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've been known to surprise us before, especially lately....so maybe

      Delete
  4. "Sunday Surgery: Holy Smoke"

    Yeah no kidding!!!! :)

    "Jason sees Morgan get out of the car and it explodes. Morgan could have totally survived that, right? He'll be burned maybe and have to go get fixed at a burn center. Come back with a new face when they decide."

    Yeah they could do that, and then make him look like a 12 year old, and then voila Joey Luthman steps into the role! ROFL!

    "Elephant in the room: Sonny could be the one that didn't set that bomb. He did say "make it look like an accident"-- and a bomb isn't an accident."

    Oh! Nice catch!!!!

    "She looks just like the angle of death here."

    The angel of death wears black not white! ROFL! And yes I love Morgan and Ava's chemistry too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate their chemistry, but then again I can't stand either character LOL!!

      Delete
  5. Joey Luthman would be a terrible Morgan. It should be someone with dark hair like Bryan or Maurice and more mature looking like Bryan. If it HAS to be another soap star then maybe Max Ehrich or Robert Scott Wilson. I'd prefer a complete unknown though who won't be thought of as someone else on the show. The Morgan he replaced ( Aaron Sanders) would be better than Joey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen,
    Since you liked SNL check out the anti-Trump video that Carly Simon reworked "You're So Vain" for. You're Face it was apricot. hahaha.

    You'll love it and it's all over the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Di said...Joey Luthman would be a terrible Morgan."

    Yup I agree! :) He does not look like a Corinthos!

    "It should be someone with dark hair like Bryan or Maurice and more mature looking like Bryan."

    Agree again! :) And maybe after this accident, he won't be a dumb dumb anymore! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You missed the highlight of the week....the Scotty Baldwin rap jingle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Di said...
    Thanks for the Surgery. I hope you're feeling better soon.


    kdmask said... Sonny could be the one that didn't set that bomb. He did say "make it look like an accident"-- and a bomb isn't an accident. So, it could have been someone else trying to kill ol' Jules. Would figure into GH's the Myth of Sonny.

    *** Now that would make an interesting twist, not one I'd expect from these writers

    ** I just don't see them doing that. Mainly because everything that's been in SOD and SiD, these past few weeks has said that Sonny, "due to his actions, a tragedy will befall his family, causing permanent damage. Which to me sounds like Sonny is definitely responsible for what happens to Morgan.

    K.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd like to see the Morgan explosion go one of two ways. First and foremost I want Sonny to have been the one who planted the bomb and for his world to absolutely explode. Have Carly, Michael, and even Jason turn on him. Use this as the opening to have Jax - the guy who raised Morgan - return permanently. Have Sonny left alone and desolute. Perhaps the only solice he can find is with Ava, or Griffin (griffin has crazy chem with all the male characters it seems so why not have him leave the priesthood for a male mob boss).

    In terms of how Morgan leaves the show the biggest bang and best storyline for other characters would be him dying, not just going off for treatment somewhere. Perhaps have him severally damaged and bring in a doctor assisted suicide story. Could use Carly's friendship with dark doctor Silas (or whatever ME's characters name is now) and Sonny's emerging bromance with saintly doctor Griffin. Or, why not tie in the organ donor storyline they seem to have dropped. Have someone need one of Morgan's organs but have Carly not want to pull the plug despite knowing the gift of organ donation. Heck, make Uncle Ric Lansing the recipient so we can see Carly freak out at Sonny for giving despised Ric Morgan's organs. Could also be a way to get Ric back on the show, perhaps even the new DA - I bet his scenes with Anna and Jordan would be amazing.

    Thinking out loud, as a Canadian I do not understand the US DA system. Does it have to be a lawyer? Could a former Police Commissioner like Anna or Mac become DA? I love Scotty but I think he is best when he is a lawyer and not DA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Silas is dead. I agree about Scott. I think they should just kill Morgan off, bigger impact. Love everyone turning on Sonny.

      Delete
  11. yes, you have to be a lawyer to be a DA.

    I hope Morgan is dead-dead too but...? Not sure that's going to happen

    I forgot Scotty's jingle because I was so sick that day I barely remember it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was hilarious! I hope he's dead dead too. Haha!!

      Delete

  Joss is shocked that Dex almost killed Cyrus. Nina leaves. Dex explains he did try to talk Sonny out of it but Sonny was insistent. He wen...