Monday, August 11, 2014

Nanu Nanu

Well. Such a sad evening. In some ways, still unbelievable. One of the greats..if not the greatest comic of my lifetime is gone.  
When he first appeared on Happy Days and then Mork and Mindy, we'd never seen the likes of him. Such a mind!! So nutty and wacky. 



I loved Comic Relief. Those three were just so fun together and magical. 
I wish they would have continued. 


Some of my other  favorites: 





“They’re not that different from you, are they? Same haircuts. Full of hormones, just like you. Invincible, just like you feel. The world is their oyster. They believe they’re destined for great things, just like many of you. Their eyes are full of hope, just like you. Did they wait until it was too late to make from their lives even one iota of what they were capable? Because, you see gentlemen, these boys are now fertilizing daffodils. But if you listen real close, you can hear them whisper their legacy to you. Go on, lean in. Listen. You hear it? Carpe—hear it? Carpe, carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary.” 

I'm a huge Jumangi fan... loved that movie!  My fave line of his has to be the "HELLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" from Mrs. Doubtfire.  He was such a part of my entertainment life it's so sad he's gone. And like this?  There lies a thin line between laughter and pain, that's for sure.  If you want to see one of his chilling performances, check out One Hour Photo. Wow. 


Everything lately causes me to pause and think of the fragility of life.  RIP Mr. Williams 

7 comments:

  1. So sad. I feel sick - what a loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a real shock. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah it's very sad. :( I thought at first it was a hoax. :'( I grew up watching him. :'(

    ReplyDelete
  4. While it's certainly sad that someone is so far gone they do it, it's hard to work up as much sympathy for him or the PS Hoffmans, since so many others have it FAR worse.

    And then the media overload. When I woke last night for work, my wife said, 'The world's in mourning,guess who died?'

    I immediately thought of a world leader. Mandela! No, he died a year or 2 ago. The Pope? The Queen of England? The Tea Party finally lynched Obama?

    Then she sd Williams, and I was like, THE WORLD IS MOURNING a dead comedian?

    I'm sure most Angolans and Afghans are not losing a wink. Yet the media make my wife look restrained.

    He was a comedian- a good one. But he wasn't on a par w the world leaders mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is sad when the shell of depression is so thick and strong that even the love of one's family and the admiration of much of our world cannot reach the one inside.
    I hope that anyone who hears of Robin Williams' passing, who feels that shell closing in on them will seek help. His way is not the answer. There is much to live for. There are billions in the world with far less who survive each day.
    That said, I enjoyed his talent greatly. To make people laugh is a gift; acting talent is a gift. I am just so sorry that his illness led him to throw it all away. God bless his family in their time of loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would not feel this badly if either the Pope or Queen Elizabeth had died. Neither of them means anything to me.
    I had a friend kill herself when I was young. Nothing worked for her depression. The pain was so great that all she could see to stop it was death. It is terrible to watch someone you love sink deeper and deeper into despair . I hope his children remember the joy he brought to so many people.

    ReplyDelete
  7. terrible loss :( hopefully he is at peace now

    ReplyDelete

  Joss is shocked that Dex almost killed Cyrus. Nina leaves. Dex explains he did try to talk Sonny out of it but Sonny was insistent. He wen...