Sunday, September 13, 2026

Sunday Surgery: Ode To Anna


I came to my Dad's on Friday so this will be a very short SS for me. I think I've paid my dues over the years- this is the 6902nd post since I started. EESH!! 

This week was a whopper on Monday and then wound down slowly through the week. Thursday's show flew by which is the sign of great dialog and movement. My focus is on FINOLA HUGHES  because Anna just stole the entire show. Amazing. Simply amazing. It's not like we really liked or wanted the Phantom Peter story but she played the hell out of it. The conclusion in the woods was a masterclass in all things drama. 

In real life, Finola teaches "Performance for Camera"  at the USC School of Dramatic Arts. Here she is on Kelly and Mark discussing her class: 



We've all watched her throughout the years and us olders know how the character of Anna has evolved. Finola has mastered even the most subtle emotions. She never EVER phones anything in, that's for sure. 

The biggest issue is that there has never been a costar that's good enough for an Anna Romance. Duke and Robert were perfection.  Not sure there ever could be again. I'm fine with that. The huge bright light is Emma, her granddaughter. Braedyn is such a great casting choice and if I can't have Robin, I'll take her. 



Ok on with the show!! 

Anna shoots Peter to rid herself of his manifestation. She and Jason talk in the woods. Good scene with Emma. Glad she has a new therapist. Maybe that lady will be recurring. BTW, TRISTAN could have been a psychiatrist, right? At least he'd be of some use. 


Britt's big ol' mad at Anna...Trina's big ol' mad at Brook. Chase fled the Q house and went to Willow's. He did NOT spend the night however, but Hudson saw him leaving the place. 
Ava's tick was a Lone Star. She needs meds and made up a story about petting a dog outside of her Art Gallery so she didn't have to disclose the pit where Brennan's body is decaying. 

Rocco and Scout kissed. I think Jordy/Curtis and or Isaiah will sue Brook Lyn in Civil Court. 

Carly points Baines in the direction of Nina for Brennan's death, playing right into Drew's plan.

Ned showed up. Highlight for sure. I wish they'd pay Wally enough to leave Days. 



That's it!! You didn't even have time to finish your coffee did you?!! I would like to write what I'd like to see happen but dang, the show is just flopping around so much at the moment, I can't even order anything in my head to make a story!! 

One funny thing: When Chase went to the PCPD to tell Joe about the accident I didn't even remember he was on the show!! Geesh!! It took me 2 seconds-- and then I was like: OMG he's living with Lucas!  
Photos: Thx to Paparazzi Sloane! 

BREAKING NEWS:  



CHEERS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Surgery: Ode To Anna

I came to my Dad's on Friday so this will be a very short SS for me. I think I've paid my dues over the years- this is the 6902nd po...