Sunday, January 28, 2024

Sunday Surgery: Bonjour

 


May I please remind everyone that the Finn Malpractice Suit was started under the strike writers? Ok, with that out of the way, here we go. 

Sad week for me because I hate to see Dan and Chris go. I know many are dancing in the streets but I think they gave us a lot back that we didn't have. The Q family was really fleshed back out, the hospital got used more and Terry came to town. Ms. Wu, The Ryan Resurrection, Lucy's Port Charles Tour Guide book, Victor back, yada yada. Some wonderfully written small arcs (where they could write themselves) such as Sean's funeral, Bobbie's memorial and Aidan's story (stopped short by the network but allowed to finally come to the scene we just saw a few months ago). Anna/Valentin, Sprina... most all of the Ashford family and Greenland adventure. 

Anyway, I believe that TPTB control quite a bit of the show's direction and we shall see what "new" writers bring. I say "NEW" Loosely because we all know everyone is recycled in daytime. God-forbid they hire new, young diverse people with fresh ideas. 

Ok, that's out of my system so let's go... 



WHY DO WE HAVE TO SIT THROUGH THIS OF THE WEEK:  First Finn goes to an AA meeting that is dull as dirt and now we are in court falling asleep. I wish they would have just tied it up with some oncologist coming forward. BUT NOPE! Let's have a trial! All you need to know is that Sam found out that the Muldoon's owed a ton of money after the Aurora stock failed (thanks CARLY) and the guy set Finn up for a malpractice suit to help his family out. THE ONLY part of this story that is remotely ok was that Sam is 'investigating' stuff again. That's all I got. 

CELEBRATION OF THE WEEK: A nice going away party for Trina was thrown by Curtis.  I found it cute and fun but the guest list was lacking. Taggert ? TAGG-ERT--is missing. HUGE hole. Obvious hole. If Real can't come in, recast like you did before. Trina is so "CURTIS IS MY FATHER" now, it's erasing Taggert. Also, not a lot of people made it for Spencer because they were busy. Sexis had a nice scene afterwards when they were both late. Spencer also told Joss and Tri about giving Ace to Nikolas. They didn't really bat an eye! 


DAMAGE CONTROL OF THE WEEK:  I Was thrilled o see Valentin step up and think of some good ways to fight back. YES I WAS!! I'm tired of the entire canvas being pissed with her. It's a redux of Nixon Falls and just plain boring at times. ERGO, when a Cassadine offers a solution like starting a new print mag up to beat Crimson at it's own game, I'm here for it. Now, we all know magazines have NO future so perhaps it can be online only. Something new and fresh. Nina's not biting now but I'm hoping this gets some legs. 


BLOOP FACE OF THE WEEK: AHAHAHA! LAURA!! She goes to see Heather and... welp. SPENCER TOLD YOU, didn't he??  Not only did you get ol' Esme off easy on the breaking and entering charges, you defended her as "such a good mother and changed person". Um, nope!! Heather let you know she's as bad as Ryan and even thinks she should be in Pentonville with her!!!  Laura of course, cries and panics when she realizes the truth but-- alas, Esme has slipped out of the country. 


WUBS FAVE OF THE WEEK:  YEP!! Good ol Esme boppin' Kevin was just what I needed to perk me right up! I thought he was going to see the credit card on the desk but instead he got knocked out! Now Esme's running all over the place. Dante and Chase go to Toronto to talk to her nanny (who I think is dead) and you all know she's on her way to live it up in Paris!! Squee! Drama!! All About Eve type stuff. Yes, please. 



PEE STICK OF THE WEEK: In the fastest conception EVER... Kristina finds out she's like 2 days pregnant. They tell Alexis, Jordan and Sonny the news. They decide to keep it all to themselves, forgetting that Sam isn't there. Oh well. I'm hoping against hope that there's some HUGE medical complications that will make for hard choices and angst but-- who knows. 


GREG OF THE WEEK: Most people don't like this story but I'm not hating it. They have Tracey being all nice to him and the Alexis angle is interesting. I think he's a good actor and it's not bad filler.  


SAVA OF THE WEEK: Why not? I don't want them as a couple but.. fooling around? Sure. Ava's at the Penthouse...they may go to Puerto Rico together.. and GH sure needs a bit of spice! 



WEEK IN A WUBSHELL: 

Elizabeth is being wasted on some Finn story no one cares about 

Sam found evidence that the Muldoon guy used Finn to get money

Robert and Diane decided to leave their work at work and continue their relationship

Anna isn't sure she wants the PCPD job that Laura offered

Esme hits Kevin on the head and runs off from Port Charles

Trina and Spencer are off to Paris

Ava and Sonny may go to the Island to help protect her from the "Danger" 

Brick tried to schmooze Jordan but came off as gross and inappropriate instead

Heather tells Laura that Esme remembers everything and she's dangerous

Laura gets the PCPD to try to find Esme and arrest her

Curtis legs might have some feeling in them

Valentin tries to talk Nina into starting a new magazine to rival Crimson

Dante and Chase go to Toronto to catch Esme

Kristina is pregnant. 

Greg can't move in The Metro lobby, Tracey helps him

Scott fails to get Tracey to drink champagne and Marty walks out on Lucy 

Some gun was found to belong to the WSB and tied to... John Brennan 



So, I enjoyed the Heather/Laura scenes. Especially since she reminded Laura they were grandmothers together LOL. HEH. The Curtis operation story was just blah.. we all know he's going to walk again, it's just a matter of time. Good to see Bartender N'neka get some lines. Robert and Diane talked too much about nothing I cared about. TAGGERT's absence is criminal and where's Terry? Finn's going to trial and she's just gone. I want to point out one other thing: The Lucy caper is falling flat but I do enjoy seeing Jane, Lynn, Jon and Kin all together so I won't complain too much. Brook and Chase at the Ax throwing place? Meh. Adam's Dad was on last week then dropped... but that story is so chopped up I don't care. 

I hope your week was good. Ours was very FOGGY. 

See ya. 



GROSS, NO.. NOPE...STOP IT. The writers don't even want this ISH! 

5 comments:

  1. I also like Gregory Harrison as Gregory Chase. He has decent chemistry with both Alexis and Tracy. I actually wish he was misdiagnosed and would stick around, but he is already declining fast so I don't see that happening.

    The scene between Laura and Heather was well done, and I would like to see more interaction between them in the future.

    Although I used to like Michael Easton, they have totally turned me against Finn over the past couple of years. At this point, please leave the show. Maybe you can return some day far in the future, after we've forgotten this mess.

    The first item of business for the new writers should be to break up Liz and Finn. The second should be to get rid of Finn, Cody, Sasha and Jordan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for a great SS!
    The tapeworm trial is absurd. Hope it is done asap.
    Wish the surrogacy story would be done too but I know better.
    I love magazines and do what I can to keep them going. If Crimson was real I'd probably subscribe.
    The "new" writers sure have some shuffling to do. Best of luck to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unpopular but Finn and Liz have settled in for me so I don't mind them - much better than all the losers she has been with and if there has to be sturdy couples, I don't mind it being Kevin and Laura and Finn and Liz
    ------I enjoyed the twist of Muldoon knew he was dying - still think WIFE knew it....
    ------MONDAY starts sweeps----------so I guess it's Spence supposedly dying and Esme will go to jail or go away - she can't stay there now.............I REALLY wish Spence wasn't fake dying since we ALL know NC is filming a movie........I will feel no emotion on this death.
    ------the other big thing ---------------will it be Greg dying HOPE NOT ------- or the END of this one YEAR long story of who shot Curtis by mistake and WHY is the WSB after Anna and Sonny and the FBI? PLEASE end this and move on - Anna stop crying and be a bad ass again.....commissioner...
    ------I cannot do 9 months of Kristina/Blaze/TJ/Molly
    ------very intrigued with 'Carly meets a first time visitor to Bobbie's'--------not gonna be Jason so who?
    -------still Sonny doesn't know Ava knew/Lois and Olivia fight/my mind is blown that TAGGART is never acknowledged NOR Terry
    ------I wouldn't mind at all Sasha/Cody/Maxie/Blaze/Jordan going away.
    ----maybe the fisherman who saved Esme saves Spence......and HOW does Esme have a passport?
    ____SWEEPS better deliver!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly the Kristina/Blaze/TJ/Molly story will probably go longer than 9 months...unless the "new" writers have a lick of sense and end it.
      Spence is going to "die"? They could have temp recasted him. How long can Esme last with all her badness?

      Delete
  4. The time to hire "new, young diverse people with fresh ideas" was when they fired Ron cause he pissed off Mo by putting him and the Mob on the back burner. The show keeps getting more Mob heavy. I'm not that hopeful cause Korte is a know Carly stan, but hopefully the Patrick dude can mine some of the brilliant stuff he did at Santa Barbara.

    I hope Gregory's ALS is a mis diagnosis. He and Tracy have good chem.

    ReplyDelete

Another Day

  It's time to try to watch the show.  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------...