Sunday, December 10, 2023

Sunday Surgery: Pour Me One

 


I give up! LOL.. if you like filler and just meandering conversations about "Stuff" --this was YOUR WEEK!!! It was also Christmas all over the place. It felt like Christmas week-- which in some ways was very Hallmark and comforting and in others boring as all get out. No one is Jewish in PC that we know so there was no Hannukah stuff going on which actually would have made more sense this week. 

THINGS TO KNOW THAT HAPPENED: (in no particular order) 


JAKE HATES GUNS !!  In an ironical twist, son of Stone Cold wants to join a gun control group. Jake: Gen Z and ready to take on THE ESTABLISHMENT! 


CARLY SEEMS TO LIKE BRENNAN!!  The current director of The WSB, the maybe Daddy of Adam (or Dex) AND some think Jerry Jack's in his third face, is wooing Carly! Drew's away--so.. why not play!? 


MOLLY IS INFERTILE!! Did you know that?? Well, guess what--she STILL IS and now Kristina will be the baby mama after months of not wanting her to be!! SUCH DRAMA!! 


BLAZE'S FAMILY IS CATHOLIC! They don't like gays and her real name is Alison!! 



VALENTIN IS A DICK AND ANNA'S HAD IT!  That's right!! Anna goes to his house and tells him Charlotte didn't burn her house down. He's mad because she won't tell him who did. Anna thinks Charlotte needs help. Valentin tells her to back off. Anna stomps out. 

THE ANSWER IS YES!  YES! Now let's go tell the family so Violet can sing to us!! 



ZOOLANDER PRACTICES FOR HIS DEPOSITION!!  It's a case we don't care about that happened to a character we never met...being run into the ground with it's never ending explanations of tape worms, protocol and cancer. Just.. WHY. 



LAURA IS CONCERNED!! She love/hates Cyrus (Great scene with her and Jeff K), she really cares about Esme and also--she's burning to know who killed Austin. She's about the only one in town that does, btw. 


SPENCER IS BESIDE HIMSELF WITH GRIEF! Ace is moving 10 blocks away and it's A DAMN TRAVESTY!! Esme won't let him help her move and ..what's a guy to do? Trina helps him with his wounds but we all know he's going to be away soon working on The Menendez Bros. So...??



TRACEY CRIES ON THE PLANE!! WHY? She misses Luke? Is Bobbie Dead? Why isn't she next to her? What is happening? We got about a 10 second scene on Friday and then she pops into the Q Mansion to complain about the decorations. I mean, if Bobbie DID die, would she come in like this?? If not, what was Friday's cliffhanger? Violet singing a song? 


GHOST OF CHRISTMAS PAST!! Irene has had some screen time this year!! First with the kids and Curtis, now this! Reminded me of Nixon Falls for some reason. 


WHAT DID WUBSY ENJOY? Lois and Olivia...but then CODY came in.. boo-hiss. Tracey is back (don't care how/what), Cyrus/Laura scenes are great and I'm happy Brook and Chase are engaged. I wish they'd kick Michael and Willow out of the gate house and live there. 



That's a wrap! Sorry there's not more but I don't have the time or patience!! OH, Violet can sing and she's cute but the cuteness is at an overload. I'm hoping Charlotte gets to her and they create mayhem together. I'm still reeling about the nothing Austin death. And PLEASE RECAST Monica or have her leave all together. I know we'll probably have to have Bobbie's death --and it will be WAY awkward explaining why Monica isn't there. The scenes were SO SHORT they really just diluted one another. The Christmas tree lot could have been better if every bit wasn't tiny and strung out. It's going to be a LONG 2 weeks until Christmas, folks!! 

PS: Wardrobe better get it's ish together on Maxie. She was going to do a Zoom meeting with clients in a giant lumberjack shirt!! COME ON!! 

12 comments:

  1. "JAKE HATES GUNS !! In an ironical twist, son of Stone Cold wants to join a gun control group. Jake: Gen Z and ready to take on THE ESTABLISHMENT!"

    I love it!! Go Jake!!!! :D

    "CARLY SEEMS TO LIKE BRENNAN!! The current director of The WSB,"

    There is a flirtin! :) I like it! #Brenly! :D

    "the maybe Daddy of Adam (or Dex)"

    Hmmm I can see him as Adam's father.

    "AND some think Jerry Jack's in his third face, is wooing Carly!"

    Sure why the hell not! They have chemistry!

    "Drew's away--so.. why not play!?"

    Yes why not play!! ;)

    "ZOOLANDER PRACTICES FOR HIS DEPOSITION!!"

    ROFL!

    "It's a case we don't care about that happened to a character we never met...being run into the ground with it's never ending explanations of tape worms, protocol and cancer. Just.. WHY."

    Yeah I liked it at first, but then they talked about it over and over and over! I'm tired of it. They probably won't even show the trial!!! The only thing I care about is Tommy the tapeworm!!!

    "LAURA IS CONCERNED!! She love/hates Cyrus (Great scene with her and Jeff K),"

    Hmmm I thought you didn't like the scene! ROFL!

    "PS: Wardrobe better get it's ish together on Maxie. She was going to do a Zoom meeting with clients in a giant lumberjack shirt!! COME ON!!"

    I know!!!!!!!!!!! Come on!!! Since when does Maxie like lumberjack shirts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "GH" bores me to tears lately. If it wasn't for Maura West (Ava) and Finola Hughes (Anna), I probably wouldn't watch at all right now. Those two actors always bring their "A" games and knock it out of the park even with sub-par material. Genie Francis (Laura) and Rebecca Herbst (Elizabeth) add heart to the show. I can take or leave most of the rest of the cast.

    Random observations: Carly has more chemistry with Brennan than she's ever had with Drew, the actor who plays Irene does a good job each time she's on, and they need to deal with Bobbie's death sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too many stories of little interest right now. And I'm sorry, but Violet gets on my nerves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too. She's 11. Older than Leo, and Rocco's age and they're still playing her as barely out of the toddler stage.

      Delete
    2. "Di says, She's 11."

      On the show? She is really small for 11. In real life she is 8. She is going to be 9 in May. :)

      Delete
  4. Agree - Maura West saved the show this week - I LOVE Finola but all she does is cry and push Dante away ------ I miss the old Anna Devane...
    -----the ONLY reason I can fathom with this filler writing is scab writers just meandering through things waiting on other writers to return - I LIKE the temp writers for the most part...
    -------There MUST be a reason for this lawsuit - please there MUST be
    -----WSB and Pikeman guy same was a great twist but I still think Anna and Robert don't know his face = WHY ELSE would he stay in PC and be at Kellys and staying at Metro Court
    -----If someone doesn't fix Maxie's wardrobe I may lose it, Karen................
    -----Need Adam's parents in the picture and be someone we know
    -----I CANNOT believe after MONTHS and MONTHS this Nina reveal is STILL OUT THERE----and her helping Valentin still out there.
    ------I am sad that I hate Valentin now - what a jerk
    ------still think Tracy knows about Bobbie
    ------------sad week of no-nothing shows for sure except WSB reveal..I only care about 3 storylines..............sigh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for another fine SS!
    Love that Jake is being socially conscious. I hate guns too!
    Olivia and Lois are wonderful to watch. Please stay Rena.
    A bit about Hanukkah would have been appropriate rather than rushing Christmas. Rena Sofer is a Jew as is Amanda Setton. Jackie Zeman was half. I'm sure there are more. Remembering Nora on OLTL...they celebrated. Disappointing.
    Maxie's shirt; Sasha has been dressing like a conservative 60 year old lady from the 1970's. Jeez.
    Tracy would NOT cry over Bobbie. The Q's always looked way down at her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'm in the minority because I really liked the Christmas scenes and I still love Violet.
    I hope Cam makes a cameo even for 1 scene! Becky is just so good with her on screen kids. I think the case against Finn would be of interest had they have shown the scenes with the patient.

    I wish they would have just made the newbie Jax, but I will settle for Jerry. Other sites say lots of secrets will come out this week so guessing we will have just 1 day pass until we hit Christmas if something happens. Happy not to see Michael the past 2 eppys.

    Thinking KS would speak up on the show if she hated her clothes.. they have Lois in character outfits and nails so why they don't do it for fashionista is beyond me.. Please keep Rena!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about KS. Maybe she choses what she's comfortable in for those long taping sessions.

      Delete
    2. "Linda says, I think I'm in the minority because I really liked the Christmas scenes and I still love Violet."

      No you aren't in the minority. I really liked the Christmas scenes and I love Violet! :)

      Delete
  7. Your SS was a hoot, thank you!
    New Aussie is hot and has waaaaay to much chem with Carly. I'm liking it! I would love it if he was really Jerry and Dex's daddy. I had to stop and think who Adam was and it took me a while. Guess I'm not into that story.
    I really enjoyed the Bensonhurst girls decorating for Christmas and I'm very glad Tracy is back.
    Don't care for Violet at all anymore and seriously, Zoolander's (BHWAHAHAHAH!) story is a snore. I really do like like Chase and BLQ, they're too cute together!

    ReplyDelete

Breakfast

  IT's breakfast time in PC Anna has Sasha’s old set! Bennett is having the cadets move her. Felicia comes to visit. Anna tells her Char...